It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Ammendment , Right to bear arms , Legally to be Challenged

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. --- it says ARMS, not guns. ARMS is ANYTHING that can be used as a weapon. From knife to nukes, they knew full well about bombs and cannons – they SAID “ARMS”

i know we wouldn't want everyone to have nukes, but it says "ARMS"

also it say "the right of the people"

and this amendment has already been infringed upon.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
[edit on 1/17/2010 by dashar]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It sounds to me like they're pushing and pushing till something's gonna give.

As more and more people wake up to what's going on in the world, the elite are making efforts to reduce the threat to themselves and their power system.

Let's face it the American people, armed and becoming increasingly aggitated, are the biggest danger that the establishment face and everyone knows it.

If they take your guns it's over period, I don't think you'll let that happen?

[edit on 17-1-2010 by seabhac-rua]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mrno1

Please tell me you're joking.
What exactly do you think gangbangers are? Accountants?

All they're trying to do is survive?
cry me a river. They "survive" by preying on the weaknessess and addictions of others.

Take care of their family? Their family is their gang by their own admission

Provide a better future for their kids? They don't even know who their kids are assuming they even have any.

How exactly do gangbangers in the ghetto support their community? By slinging crack and herion? My,my how I do look up to them.

My advice to you is turn off your computer, turn off your mtv,vh1, and other type programs full of wiggers and wannabe's [ a wigger is a white 'n-word' btw ] go down to your friendly,neighborhood, ghetto, come back and share with us all the warmth,love and togetherness you experienced on your vacation to nirvana. Please, let me see the error of my ways

If you really would prefer to have a gangbanger by your side, you go right ahead. Because I can guarantee you that when it comes right down to it they won't give a rats ass about you or anyone else who thinks they relate to them.
They live in the the shadows dude, you play there, that's obvious.
Gangbangers destroy communities. They destroy lives and if they see that you have a shot at a good future, they'll do anything they can to put a stop to it. Allowing them having firearms is the most non-productive thing that a community can do to itself and there's nothing you or anyone else can say that will make me believe otherwise. If I had my way, they would all be lined up against a wall and shot. [ No offense to any gangbangers here on ATS ]

BTW, what does fixing up a house have anything to do with them having firearms ? Just curious

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
Sigh...why do I have to educate you people every time?

A U.S. President CANNOT overturn an ammendment to the U.S. constitution. Period. It requires a 2/3rds majority of BOTH houses and that's just to start. Then it goes to the states and it reqires 3/4ths of the states. It only takes 13 states to NOT approve the ammendment and it's a no-go.

That's what happened to the Equal Rights ammentment. It passed with a 2/3rds majority of both houses but it couldn't get approval from 3/4ths of the states and there's a time limit on those things.

And it takes an ammendment to repeal an ammendment, like the 21st repealed the 18th (probibition).

When people float this nonsense --Obama is going to overturn the 2nd ammendment-- it' clear they are completely ignorant of how laws are made in their own country.

All it does is get ignorant people all upset, which frankly makes it clear it was done to serve a political agenda.

Is this true when we are under Directive 51 ?

Also, these "powers that be" as they implement these hair brained ideas and scams upon us, who among them will, or whom will they assign to enforce these edicts?

My police who cant stand them? or perhaps my military who cant stand them as well?
My kids? My neighbors?
Seriously who is going to enforce these laws?

I know at the rate they are going soon I will be a criminal for not having health care insurance, or too good of insurance, or speaking in public with out a permit, or gathering with others of like mind without permission,
frequenting a web site that talks of conspiracy will be a crime and lastly holding one of my many firearms will also be a crime, but WHO is going to enforce this and TRY and take them or me away?

They better be one mean wet cat with razors shooting out of their rear end, Yet still their heads will look good on pikes near the pines at the end of the driveway!

Our country is like any other living thing, it is, whats in its belly.
And there has been so much garbage and junk and poison put in our nations belly that its sick, and its getting ready to throw up,
and we cant puke this stuff up,this sick up and out of us fast enough.

People this crap is just like pre ww2 germany speak, but without the internal strength and build up.

We are giving this to our offspring? really?

[edit on 17-1-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
let me put an end to all this crap and fear mongering crap

the right to bear arms will always exist in the USA

no one will or can take away that right, not without losing a tremendous amount of life

too many people in the USA are armed, too many will defend that right to the death

even if you make it illegal, there will still be hundreds of thousands if not millions of criminals and gangs that will be armed and there will be no way to ever get rid of arms completely

the people who arent criminals or gangs will become criminals and gangs in order to defend their weapons

if a law was even near getting passed to get rid of our rights to bear arms, you will see an immediate rush on the gun stores, you will witness riots

you will also witness assassination of government officials involved in trying to take away arms

and who is going to enforce this law should it somehow get passed

the cops? cops are already getting shot left and right in this country, id love to see them try to take our guns away, wont be many cops left soon after that

sure the cops may be well armed, but lets be honest, there are many people and many groups in the usa that are much more armed then cops and if the cops want to try to take their guns away, id love to see them try

on top of that, there are many more civilians armed, then cops in this country and from what we see on the news, cops arent exactly all marksmen, they simply dont have the numbers to succeed

who else is going to take away our guns? the military? yea right, lets be real about that one, our military is already stretched thin and they cant handle a bunch of poor people in the middle east with relatively low end and primitive weapons compared to what americans have access to, you really expect they are going to come home and try, let alone be successful at taking away our guns?

this crap always pops up on ats and i always think its the stupidest thing on here

there will be many laws and policies that will attempt to limit our guns, many will succeed, but i promise the world, the day you see the USA try to legally take away the right to bear arms, is literally the last day there is a USA government

we dont have the manpower, nor the public will to actually succeed in taking away a nation full of weapons

we can debate all day about what they want to do or what they will try to do or are trying to do, but plain and simple they cant do it

they can write all the words on all the papers they want, but when it actually comes down to going and taking away peoples weapons, if you think that is possible, you have serious mental disabilities

lets say somehow they are successful, what will the cops use to defend themselves? their guns? if thats the case, then there will ultimately be cops selling those guns to the civilians, there will be civilians robbing the police for their weapons, and now in that situation, the only people that will have guns are cops and criminals leaving the people helpless

how long do you really think the cops will last in that situation

how long do you really think cops can keep control if its only them and criminals with weapons

banks, malls, public buildings will be robbed by armed criminals on a daily basis

i say go ahead, make em illegal and watch what happens

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
after posting i just browsed the thread very quickly

LOL at all the people who actually think this crap is possible

people really need to experience more of this country

let me be fully honest with you

i dont give a damn what politicians do, dont give a damn what cops or the military does

as far the USA is considered, there will ALWAYS be guns in the hands of the civilians

plain and simple, the country could make all the laws they could imagine, guns will still be here

its like people come to a gun thread and throw away all common sense

do you really think the gun and bullet makers are going to allow the country to let them lose that much revenue?

that situation alone is more then enough to prove guns arent going anywhere
(edited to say especially in the middle of a great depression)

open your eyes people if you think guns are going anywhere, youre paranoid and really shouldnt have a gun

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Dramey]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dramey

how long do you really think the cops will last in that situation

how long do you really think cops can keep control if its only them and criminals with weapons

banks, malls, public buildings will be robbed by armed criminals on a daily basis

i say go ahead, make em illegal and watch what happens

I hope with this arguement , that you aren't the one arguing for the right
to bear arms. Are you aware of the crime rate in the USA , compared to other
non-armed countries.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

Dramey, I've learned to never say never. I share your belief in the chaos that would happen, but sometimes things are not what they seem, the steps taken dont always make sense. I dont think its being paranoid, I believe it to be more frustration and deeply held passion. I'm sure you have core issues and beliefs that you rise against easily to as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
you will also witness assassination of government officials??

i really don't see a problem with this. the most expendable people in the USA are the people at the top because we have 300 million plus people that can do there job better than they have done..

it seems odd to me but the president should be the first one dead or wounded before any war. HE IS REPLACEABLE.. the soldiers are not replaceable.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

To you sir and everyone else here. If this has not already been said.....A GUN IS PROPERTY, plain and simple, they CAN NOT ban one type of property without banning ALL property.

PLEASE, for the love of God or whomever, wake the hell up to THE LAW.

Thou shalt never infinge upon anothers rights, life, liberty or property EVER!!

THAT is the ONLY law that applies to human beings, ALL other law is corporate law and DOES NOT apply to AMERICANS.

NOTHING Congress has passed applies to you or I or anyone else UNLESS we CONSENT to it applying to us. Via..licensing or registration.

That is why you NEVER license or register anything. If you file a UCC-1 Financial statement and then a UCC-3 amendment and claim ALL your property as private, the government can sieze NONE of it. YOU are outside "their" jurisdiction because now you control the strawman name and have CONTROL.

Political Jurisdiction...does ANYONE know what that means? Come on people, get with the program, if WE do not assert ourselves, we get what we deserve.

Sheriff Richard I. Mack, look him up, watch his video's, read his books, DO SOMETHING for [SNIP] sake!!!!!

Man created government TO SERVE HIM, not enslave him. I could go on for days about the actual law, but there is only one that applies to us human beings. Can't put it any simpler than that.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I liked this so much I printed it out, and had it on the wall. Came from ATS somewhere.

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FREE MEN!
Remember this above all else...
You are not allowed to be RULED!
Your constitution forbids it!
Great men have DIED for you to have this right!
The idea of your governing structure is to ALWAYS maintain POWER within the hands of the PEOPLE...
If the people no longer feel "represented" by their elected officials THEY HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT AND OBLIGATION TO REMOVE THEM!

This is WHY your constitution provides you the right to bear arms.

* YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SUBJECTS!
* NO MAN IS SUPPOSED TO RULE YOU!
* YOUR GOVERNMENT IS SUPPOSED TO FEAR YOU!
* YOUR GOVERNMENT IS SUPPOSED TO BE RULED BY YOU!
* YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FREE MEN!
* It's high time you all STOP ACTING LIKE SUBJECTS and START ACTING LIKE FREE MEN!
* YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT NOT TO BE SUBJUGATED! USE IT OR LOSE IT!

Sorry it is so big, just wanted youall to remember it. I for one will neve give up my gun.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Thank you for that refreshing retort, seriously. I feel much better thinking about it in the terms and numbers you put forth. Gave you a star as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by skull_bones

You beat me to the punch with this one. The thing people need to understand is that it only takes 5 (five) people to make the private ownership of firearms a crime. Some here have said it will never happen. I hope that is true, but fear there is much evidence to the contrary. I will concur that the criminalization of firearms and the actual disarmament of the people is two different things and recognize that the first is simple and the second is bloody.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
reply to post by skull_bones

You beat me to the punch with this one. The thing people need to understand is that it only takes 5 (five) people to make the private ownership of firearms a crime. Some here have said it will never happen. I hope that is true, but fear there is much evidence to the contrary. I will concur that the criminalization of firearms and the actual disarmament of the people is two different things and recognize that the first is simple and the second is bloody.

A lot of passion written here about gun ownership.

One guy burning his crotch changed flight forever.

A high profile killing ...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
All these intellectuals are just government Prussian products of education. They believe that only the government should have guns.

If 3/4 of the population in the US will accept body scanners, gun is just around the corner.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Every time I see a video like this I purchase 100 rounds of ammo.

There are others like me.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
It has been the pipe dream of many to disarm America. That a new effort should come along is nothing unexpected.

The problem lies in actually doing something like this in a way that doesn't fracture the union into many segments. But of course, that fracturing may well be part of the plan.

One poll that I saw several years ago was that 7-in-10 Americans (who own firearms) believe enough in the Constitutional intent for that arming, that they would defy any order to disarm.

If the SCOTUS were to so foolishly hand down a ruling that trashed part of the Constitution in favor of disarming the nation, we could well see some degree of insurrection. The nation has been through quite a lot and done so all quite gracefully. But there is a limit to everyone and everything.

There seems very little point to destroying what has worked so well for so long unless it would be to promote the rise of another nation or order. In fact, it the the US that stands today between a one world government from being successful.

But all of this being as it may be, the larger truth is that creating any kind of chaos or disorder that could lead to something like martial law, would also cripple the world's financial markets.

It's all madness unless it is madness that you are trying to achieve.

I choose your quote because it touches on the vitals.
Here is what I will add. It is not Maddness at all from a Marxist point of view.
It is a plan. The same one the Zionist have used since before the Inqusition. Just check the historical path, Check the names and dates. They are the ancestors of the current non -elected but appointed US officials. The appointed Zionists that come from Bolshevik ties. Sunstine's background needs to be scoured. I can't find his pedigree as yet.
And to prove it you will see no one challenge this statement.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dometheus
I liked this so much I printed it out, and had it on the wall. Came from ATS somewhere.

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FREE MEN!
Remember this above all else...
You are not allowed to be RULED!
Your constitution forbids it!
Great men have DIED for you to have this right!
The idea of your governing structure is to ALWAYS maintain POWER within the hands of the PEOPLE...
If the people no longer feel "represented" by their elected officials THEY HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT AND OBLIGATION TO REMOVE THEM!

This is WHY your constitution provides you the right to bear arms.

* YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SUBJECTS!
* NO MAN IS SUPPOSED TO RULE YOU!
* YOUR GOVERNMENT IS SUPPOSED TO FEAR YOU!
* YOUR GOVERNMENT IS SUPPOSED TO BE RULED BY YOU!
* YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FREE MEN!
* It's high time you all STOP ACTING LIKE SUBJECTS and START ACTING LIKE FREE MEN!
* YOU HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT NOT TO BE SUBJUGATED! USE IT OR LOSE IT!

Sorry it is so big, just wanted youall to remember it. I for one will neve give up my gun.

You don't sound or spell like an American. Where is it you own your gun? Is it legal?
All you post seems cool but do you have a solution besides dying along side your piece?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

2nd Amendment, in its context, gave mobs the right to own guns. In par with the rights of the individual as seen in the phrase "the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", the context of mobs with guns was for defending their lives and liberties. As such, with its conversion into the rights of the individual with the first congresses, the individual as the right to own guns.

Also, his saying that the culture of violent isolationism of some individuals does not give him the right to change them. The US government does not have the right to block certain cultures, belief systems, or mentalities unless those persons in those categories become a threat to the people as a whole (IE, their insane and want to go on a shooting spree). This is defended in the bill of rights, Gitlow v. New York, and a host of other sources. Thus, the fact that people personally own guns, and that gun is an expression of culture and self, gives that individual the right to own them.

End of story. You cannot change this fact.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join