It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Ammendment , Right to bear arms , Legally to be Challenged

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's statements like these that I used to agree with but now only want to disobey more. I want a gun, and I want to be trained to use it, maintain it, and fix it if need be.

Maybe that's what they want, more people with guns to shoot and kill in the guise of defense, but in reality population control.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I hope so Marg,

People didn't think Bama would change Health Care, Strenthgen the

Patriot Act either.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

You know, every time I see this now, I have to wonder. Wonder if these people actually believe, in their hearts, that taking guns away from legal, law-abiding citizens will actually make guns disappear altogether. And it is always these college educated, seemingly brainless, severely lacking in common-sense individuals (and groups of the same), that have probably never been to 'the bad part of town' to see the writing on the wall. It has been said time and again, that taking guns away from law-abiding peoples will NOT make all the criminals lay down theirs. It is almost like they are trying some kind of long-term thing, that will result in there being no guns, anywhere. But the issues in making something like that a reality are staggering. Your talking about decades of work, years of planning, and hundreds of millions of guns that would have to be turned in, or found and confiscated. Then, even if, IF they managed to shut down the firearms industry, so no one other than police and military had them, people who wanted guns, would still get them, as Doc Holiday pointed out. I really do think it is all about publicity, that it is indeed a pipe dream. But to think that these are the kinds of dreams that these types of people have, that's the scary part.

Originally posted by daddyroo45
They talk about the second amendment as though it was written for the government's use. The second amendment mentions the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms. People as in persons. They are trying very hard to make criminals out of law abiding people aren't they? Stripping the people of the second amendment WILL be the proverbial last straw.

That's another thing that bothers me, the hypocrisy in this government. Like you said, it's almost as if the government thinks that the second amendment only applies to them. It is the same way the courts work. They live and work by a set of laws, but they themselves ignore and even break those same laws when it suits them, or when it would undermine their 'authority' over the individual.

Chrono

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
No guns is one step closer to martial law..

because we wont have anything to fight back with.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Sigh...why do I have to educate you people every time?

A U.S. President CANNOT overturn an ammendment to the U.S. constitution. Period. It requires a 2/3rds majority of BOTH houses and that's just to start. Then it goes to the states and it reqires 3/4ths of the states. It only takes 13 states to NOT approve the ammendment and it's a no-go.

That's what happened to the Equal Rights ammentment. It passed with a 2/3rds majority of both houses but it couldn't get approval from 3/4ths of the states and there's a time limit on those things.

And it takes an ammendment to repeal an ammendment, like the 21st repealed the 18th (probibition).

When people float this nonsense --Obama is going to overturn the 2nd ammendment-- it' clear they are completely ignorant of how laws are made in their own country.

All it does is get ignorant people all upset, which frankly makes it clear it was done to serve a political agenda.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

Not only is everything you said true, we don't know WHEN this film was made or what he was talking about. The video is so edited, we can't tell what the context of the discussion was. Even more evidence that this film is put out to serve a political agenda.

Prison Planet reports that Sunstein wants to ban guns and free speech. Yeah, right.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

they can try--but they will find out different, so dont worry all they can do is impose a tax.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rainfall
There is not a snowballs chance in hell that the American people will be disarmed..........what was that saying..?...

"They'll have to take my gun from my cold dead hand??".....

Never gonna happen!

Sorry I disagree.

American people can be led and controlled very easily, by means of financial slavery or media manipulation.

They won't take it from your cold dead hand, you'll hand it over willingly and thank them for it. I am not joking at all.

People thank the banks, right after they sign on the dotted line, when they pay taxes, on every level, when laws are passed against the majority, and so on.

People are easily led and easily pacified, look around you or take a step out and look in, from the outside.

If your hunger, starving, broke and have been raised like most americans you'll do anything they dictate.

Google Video Link

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
He looks nervously around the room when spouting is idiocy doctrine about gun rights, as if he thinks someone in the room might pull out a gun and shoot him in the forehead

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Sunstein also argues in that speech (From Oct. 2007 as part of the Chicago's Best Ideas lecture series.) that the Supreme Court should not reject an individual right. I suggest you listen to the entire speech.

The title of this thread is COMPLETELY misleading and even downright false! This video, in no way, suggests that the right to bear arms is going to be legally challenged.

Full Speech Here

As I suspected, bits and pieces of the speech were pulled out to continue to scare people about the powers of the Obama administration. I can't believe how many "thinking" people are falling for it... :shk:

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You simply cannot tell a nation of 70 or 100 million armed citizens that you are going to disarm them and then, ask those same people to trust you.

Another member mentioned a few posts back that... the South might rise again under such circumstances. I agree. But I don't think it would only be the South that resisted. I think we could see 2/3 to 3/4 of the states begin to consider secession in a serious way.

This issue crosses all cultural and ethnic boundaries in this country. It wouldn't be rednecks vs. the might of the US of A. It would be most Americans against a federal government gone absolutely berserk.

Our country was borne on the wings of revolution to escape tyranny and oppression. Up to this point, our federal government has waddled along without seriously messing with the ideas in our Constitution. Let's hope it stays that way.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That's pretty #ed up. I'll admit.

Buuuut, what will anyone do when they come around for the guns? Nothing. Bitch. Moan. Log on conspiracy sites and blame everyone else for letting them take their firearms away.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

I really don't see this challenge going anywhere. Too many guns and too many gun owners are not willing to give up this important right.

And us Americans feel more strongly about this right than many others in my opinion. It is (obviously) the only thing that levels the playing field when it comes to government take over. I heard something like over 100,000,000 guns are owned in America by non-military American citizens. That has got to be respected and feared by the establishment, don't you think? I mean obviously, they've been trying and failing to strip us of this right for years.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Folks, I hope I'm wrong, but I feel this is a very dangerous thread to post in. Go ahead and read it. But be careful what you write. The world has changed and we need to be smart.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS4dummies

Maybe... but if we fear speaking out on something of such importance... then we have already lost the freedom to speak, freedom from fear and more than a few ounces of backbone.

Just my opinion... but yours is a good point nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

This is funny, I will say this the time they disarm america is the time that the most people in the world will be robbed!

"And though it seems Heaven sent, We ain't ready to have a Black President"
Tupac Shakur

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Those who have the most to lose, want you to speak out, and broadcast your IP.
Don't be naive, be cunning.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111
reply to post by Sean48

It is (obviously) the only thing that levels the playing field when it comes to government take over. I heard something like over 100,000,000 guns are owned in America by non-military American citizens. That has got to be respected and feared by the establishment, don't you think? I mean obviously, they've been trying and failing to strip us of this right for years.

This means nothing and i will tell you why, Unless you have had your gun since 1986 or know where to buy guns that were made before 1986, U cant own fully automatic weapons! So the Govt has guns that will take out 50 of us in 30 seconds or faster and we are stuck to semis, 14+ year old full autos, revolvers, and rifles. Then you think, "i'll just kill one of them and take their gun". But know they have smart guns that wont fire for you. So we've been on this road since 86

[edit on 17-1-2010 by mrno1]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

" they just want to ensure that if they do come onto your property or into your house that they can shoot to kill without question. "

pretty much what i thought, this guy in actual terms is saying this with different words. this man should be hanged as a traitor outside Washington

somebody should stop him before it takes effect its these small steps that creates the path to take away your rights !

Hang HIM now

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosis111

Honestly, I do not expect a challenge to gun rights anytime in the immediate future, simply because the Democrats have blown every ounce of political capital that they had on healthcare. I think they'd like to ban firearms, if perhaps not outright, then by harassing the average gun owner with exorbitant taxes, insurance mandates, fees, licenses, etc, until he can no longer afford to keep them.

To that end, I am virtually certain that, 10-20 years from now, the Democrats will declare firearms ownership a public health risk and will push to add another mandate to this healthcare bill they're about to pass that would require gun owners to purchase several million dollars worth of accidental injury/death coverage to their insurance policies. They'll put you into a high risk category, pushing your premiums up several thousand dollars a year, and it would effectively end gun rights for the common citizen, because they would not longer be affordable.

That's right, folks. The healthcare bill will eventually be used to implement a back door firearms ban...as well as bans on all manner of other activities that the government determines to be dangerous or unhealthy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join