It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Ammendment , Right to bear arms , Legally to be Challenged

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sounds to me like there could be a challenge of the 2nd Amendment.

Cass Sunstein Obama Czar speaking on the validity of the Amendment.

He sounds like to me like he is setting the ground work for a possible challenge.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Sean48]

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

I really don't like what this guy is saying.

Not only has he wrote about cognitively infiltrating the truth movement, and infiltrate other various conspiracies. He is also suggesting to make it illegal to discuss conspiracies...

...Now he is challenging gun rights?

It looks like they are trying to dismantle more of the constitution, and the Bill of Rights.

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 1/17/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I agree, It's like they know something is going to happen,

They don't want us to talk about it......

They are laying ground work to disarm....

Maybe in a few years the Poop will hit the Rotating Device...

AND THEY KNOW IT

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Sean48]

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think our Information Czar is badly misinformed. What a load of crap! I hope this guy finds himself facing off with some gangbanger looking for cash in a dark parking lot, I'm sure he would change his tune then.
Our taxes pay this clown's salary, once again I'm disgusted

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There is not a snowballs chance in hell that the American people will be disarmed..........what was that saying..?...

"They'll have to take my gun from my cold dead hand??".....

Never gonna happen!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

May I remind you sir , In Pittsburgh , people thought they had the right

to congregate and protest.

They were , with a Permit, most who were against the Summit were DENIED.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

This makes total sense for the current administration. One of their prime goals is to rewrite the U.S. Constitution by bypassing the amendment system laid down in it. They know that their vision of what the U.S. Constitution should say would never pass 75% of the states to be ratified.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It has been the pipe dream of many to disarm America. That a new effort should come along is nothing unexpected.

The problem lies in actually doing something like this in a way that doesn't fracture the union into many segments. But of course, that fracturing may well be part of the plan.

One poll that I saw several years ago was that 7-in-10 Americans (who own firearms) believe enough in the Constitutional intent for that arming, that they would defy any order to disarm.

If the SCOTUS were to so foolishly hand down a ruling that trashed part of the Constitution in favor of disarming the nation, we could well see some degree of insurrection. The nation has been through quite a lot and done so all quite gracefully. But there is a limit to everyone and everything.

There seems very little point to destroying what has worked so well for so long unless it would be to promote the rise of another nation or order. In fact, it the the US that stands today between a one world government from being successful.

But all of this being as it may be, the larger truth is that creating any kind of chaos or disorder that could lead to something like martial law, would also cripple the world's financial markets.

It's all madness unless it is madness that you are trying to achieve.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
They talk about the second amendment as though it was written for the government's use. The second amendment mentions the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms. People as in persons. They are trying very hard to make criminals out of law abiding people aren't they? Stripping the people of the second amendment WILL be the proverbial last straw.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I always wonder, which of those who call for the disarming of the American people, will actually volunteer to go do the removal? If not, they should sit down and shut up.

Mr. Sunstein, give me a call and I'll draw you a map to my house, where you can attempt to enter and remove my firearms.

Thanks for posting. There are so many who want to deny this is an agenda of TPTB.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by WTFover]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
I always wonder, which of those who call for the disarming of the American people, will actually volunteer to go do the removal? If not, they should sit down and shut up.

It probably wont go down like that.

They will be nice and give people a Grace period to surrender the arms I imagine.

Then it would be a criminal offense to "own" arms,

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think it is ridiculous that they are trying to take everyones guns when the police are no longer required to protect individuals. With Warren V District of Columbia, the police are no longer required to protect your life, so in order to know your life will be protected you have to be able to own a gun. People have the right to life, which means you also have the right to protect your life. By banning guns, they are removing the right to secure your life, which is extremely un-American.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I could seriously see "The south" rising again. I live in the south and believe me there are quite a few hunters around here that would take serious umbrage if you tried to remove their weapons. To say nothing of the thousands of others who own firearms to ensure they do not become a victim of a home invasion or mugging.

My father and myself agree that should they try to take the public's guns, that may be the straw that breaks the camels back.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm sure most of you have heard "I would never invade the United States, there would be a gun behind every blade of grass."- Isoroku Yamamoto.

I am willing to bet that tptb are wishing that the second amendment never existed. There going to have a hell of a time getting around that one. If they do make guns illegal there are going to be millions of criminals. My bet is the government will make more and more regulations to make getting guns extreemly difficult and expensive. They could also keep on raising the price of ammunition...can't use a gun effectively without bullets.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry I'm not going to even waste my time watching the vid...

This can not and will not ever work! Its like the war on drugs, they are illegal yet anyone with a brain can get anything they want anytime they want it.

They can make the law, pass it, and even try to inforce it, but there are just too many ppl with knowledge of making the neccesary components for a gun, the powder"easy to make", the projectile"also easy" and a tube of sorts to lauch it from, or the hundreds of old muzzle loder barrels, not to mention...when is a gun..."by law" considered a gun?
I can buy50 cal barrels, full auto actions, and many other "parts" that until assembled are not considered a gun, or illegal, as long as the parts are not put together.......just too many loopholes, is the point I'm trying to make here.

Besides if they make it illegal to buy or own a firearm, I'll become a rich man very fast, machinist/toolmakers will become very valuable to those that want to aquire a gun.

Its just plain silly to even discuss or think that our gov't or any person, military, search group or whatever could find or locate the billions of guns, already owned, and the 80% or more were never registered, that was not needed until a few years ago to buy rifles and hunting guns, ammo, and even thoses that now are considered assault weapons....those ppl that classified such guns as assault weapons, I believe had been watching to many Chuck Norris, Arnold Scwartz, and Rambo movies and have no real idea, what a real assault weapon is.
The law IMHO "the law" was based on asthetics, of a few gun manufacturers, and the wild looking graphic appeal that was used to get younger movie watchers, and the wanna-be LEO tech guys, to buy such guns, which are actually less lethal than most single shot hunting rifles.

Sorry for the rant guys......
I just get a little bent, when this subject comes up, and ppl even consider that it could happen, its just for a political rating, elections, and the big city, mostly New England states, that live in concrete jungles, and the only guns they see, are not used for anything but control, theft, or other missuses, by ppl that have no bussiness having a gun to begin with, mostly due to location.

Its a lot like the war on drugs, if they were serious every toilet in america would be rigged with a tester, and you would get arrested on the spot!

To do this with guns, a metal detector of sorts would be needed scanning persons homes, and personal bodies at all times...its just not possible, logistically!
And they are not serious, its just what a select feew want/need to hear.

Actual end of rant....again sorry!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If the government ever changes the 2nd admendment to where a citizen cannot keep & bear arms then it will be the beginning of the end. There are already enough laws in place to allow police and the government to act against it's citizens at will, they just want to ensure that if they do come onto your property or into your house that they can shoot to kill without question. The loss of our 2nd admendment would ensure that to become a reality.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This whole administration is scaring me more and more. They will soon try and remove powers of the congress then they will pass laws that further destroy the Bill of Rights. We won't see it in this term, I believe, but they are definitely helping out the next Obama. Not to much longer now until the FEMA trains ride through our towns.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
This whole administration is scaring me more and more. They will soon try and remove powers of the congress then they will pass laws that further destroy the Bill of Rights. We won't see it in this term, I believe, but they are definitely helping out the next Obama. Not to much longer now until the FEMA trains ride through our towns.

This is what bothers me about this.

They have to know that this is poking a Hornets nest with a stick.

WHY. Why would they do this .

They have to be aware of something pending , some event to occur.

Finacially, Socially, Political

That would need the American Citizen not to be able to "lock and load"

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Someone should perform a Citizen's Arrest on Czar Sunstein immediately, he is a traitor.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
People, people, nothing is going to happen, this type of monkeys has come and go trying to create something, but they always fail.

Just like many other issues that are part of our constitutional rights they would be challenge but they never make it too far.

I am not the least worry.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join