It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New video of blue UFO captured over Tracy, reported by ABC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
G'day ATS, I'll present this offering to you to liven up an otherwise slow conspiracy weekend!

UFO or what? Strange blue lights over Tracy caught on video

TRACY, CA - No one in Tracy is quite sure what to make of the sight, but the appearance of strange blue light in the skies over the town prompted several calls to News10 as well as the Tracy Police Department Thursday night.

The sight of the blue light, which seemed to rise and fall and blink off and on over Tracy Thursday generated plenty of calls to the Tracy Police Department after it first appeared around 7:30 p.m. Thursday, according to Tracy police Sgt. Tony Sheneman.

News10 viewer Jeff Ruth said he and his family were driving home when they first noticed the light around 7:30 p.m. As his daughter captured the image on cell phone video, Ruth said they continued to follow the light near the Tracy Defense Depot about 1 miles southwest of Tracy.

In November 2009 there were similar reports and pictures of a blue object in the skies over Tracy too.

UFO reported in southern Tracy skies

A slowly moving band of deep blue lights seen in the cloudless southern Tracy sky Monday night had a few people wondering Tuesday morning what the heck it was they saw.

Larry Gustafson, 49, said his neighbor Ervin Floyd banged on his door at about 7 p.m. in the Morehead Park trailer court on Chrisman Road near 11th Street and urged him to check out the unusual sight.

He said he ran outside, looked up, spotted the lights in the night sky and then ran back inside to grab binoculars. By the time he was back outside, the lights had disappeared.

Gustafson said the lights hung in the sky about 5 minutes. Sometimes they moved, he said, and at other times, only one light shone.

PHOTOS FROM NOV 10TH STORY 2009

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b87e7f854c7e.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2b7d37b4e11.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8a1f7c4a9b1.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e9f7bcc5462.png[/atsimg]

I wonder what these sightings could be.

Before you all say RC Planes, have you ever heard one of those things? Or realise what kind of battery(weight) would be required to emit a blue light as strong as that?

To illustrate the noise see this video, it's got a soundtrack but the plane can be heard over the music, also the piloting is pretty cool so I thought I'd show it!!

All the best ATS!

[edit on 17-1-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I just came across an explanation on the same site that debunks this, but it actually raises a few questions in my eyes!

U-F-No: Tracy "blue lights in the sky" mystery solved

TRACY, CA - The mystery of the strange blue lights that attracted several calls to News10 and the Tracy Police Department Thursday night has been solved -- and no, it wasn't extraterrestrials.

News10 found the source of the lights was actually amateur aerialist Robert Merrill, who flies a 6-foot remote-controlled glider in the skies west of Tracy -- a glider outfitted with blue lights on its wings that friends say can be seen for miles at night.

Merrill said he's been launching the craft from the back porch of his employer Rich Mattos' equipment transportation company on West Schulte Road since Thanksgiving.

Firstly, how then does this explain the reports on the 10th of November of a similar sighting, and photos? Thanksgiving was on the 26th this year.

Secondly, gliders wouldn't be able to hover in the air like this object does at the 7 second mark!

I wonder ATS?! Cover up?

[edit on 17-1-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Well , not that I like to poke holes in something like this , but it could be that when the object appears to hover, it is infact changing orientation and heading toward the camera for a short time, before continuing on , or possibly heading back to its launch site. That , at certain range, could produce an appearance of hovering. Only way to know for sure, is to get a flight plan from the dude who claims its him on his glider, and then find out exactly where the video is shot from , and compare the two to see if perspective issues are causing the hover effect.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Well , not that I like to poke holes in something like this , but it could be that when the object appears to hover, it is infact changing orientation and heading toward the camera for a short time, before continuing on , or possibly heading back to its launch site. That , at certain range, could produce an appearance of hovering. Only way to know for sure, is to get a flight plan from the dude who claims its him on his glider, and then find out exactly where the video is shot from , and compare the two to see if perspective issues are causing the hover effect.

No dude, you have to poke holes! It's your duty as an ATS member lol!

I did consider that, my reasoning was that the 'hovering' is abrupt, the direction change would be extremely sudden, within the capabilities of a glider? I'm not sure. I suppose from a distance it may look like it is happening immediately, but up close it may be very different.

But a very valid point mate, I suppose it's impossible to know for sure!

Thanks for the input!

new topics

top topics

join