It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Health Officials Launch Probe into Swine Flu Exaggerations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

European health officials have launched an investigation into whether the seriousness of the swine flu outbreak was exaggerated. They blame pharmaceutical giants for pressuring the World Health Organisation to declare it a pandemic. This allowed drug companies to make huge profits even though the virus was not as deadly as regular seasonal flu. What outcome would there be for the drug companies at the centre of the investigation? RT discusses this with Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg who initiated the probe.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Another year, another pandemic... there'll be one next year, perhaps Ursine?

The interesting thing with this is there wasn't just an overreaction from governments, there was a little microcosm of it going on here on ATS as well, just at the opposite end of the spectrum.

Now I'm not one to trust a government - ANY government, not even the Dutch, I do think there were far more nefarious things going on behind the Swine Flu Charade, it gave a nice bump to drug companies "values" and it did good for reminding the general populace to stay scared. However, where were the FEMA camps I kept hearing about? The mass deaths etc?

I'm trying to see both sides of the coin here and I'm guessing someone will feedback with "it's just an early stage in the process" - but why wait, why so softly softly?

What I think the reality of this situation is, is that some politicians and advisors got nice holidays and the drugs companies got to make some money and no one really got ill.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Already a thread here friend, since the 4th of January.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join