It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you heard about the messeges?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

Thanks for that link...

Gee there's some good ones on that site... Bookmarked!

But I have to say that this thread has brightened my day a little in what has been a very gloomy week (if that makes sense). Many thanks to the OP -- and though it's been said already I'll echo it: better to ask and be sure!

Mike

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic RNA
I think you'll find it's actually a joke...

scroll down a bit...

Joke

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
well it seems true indeed

nice find

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwedenMicke1976

scroll down a bit...

Joke

Just beacuse you can find the story on a site full of
jokes doesn`t mean it is not true.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Why do you post such obvious bs?

Do you really believe that we would believe such a story?

Do you really believe an Alien race would beam back 'WE WERE'NT TALKING TO YOU'?

Get real.....

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

scroll down a bit...

Joke

Explanation:
The Joke forum you linked to say that the joke was posted on Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:17 PM by Samael, WHERE AS the book was released to the public for sale in 2007 See Here! [mysteries-of-the-world.com]

Personal Disclosure: Methinks the book came 1st before it was posted on the Joke website you linked to.

P.S. :shk:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
True or not. It is always nice to have a little humor on these boards to brighten up the day with al the non-sense we all have to deal with.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Oh,the messages....Them d4mn messages....

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

HEY ! Look, Im not trying to insult anyone. I just found the source book, and had not heard the tale before. Therefore I posted up a question about it. It never occured to me that an author of an otherwise serious document , would also publish a convoluted joke at the back of his book.
Now if you take offence at my post, Im very sorry , but you will have to accept that I meant no slight to you , or to the membership of ATS, nor did I wish to waste everybodies time. If I could turn back time, and not create the thread in the first place, then I would.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Hey TrueBrit, I agree with you the post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist was a little heavy handed, no need for it really, you were posting something you wanted an answer for, I don't think most people on here have a problem with that.
I've now been searching the net since this thread appeared and can find NO reference to the story other than this thread and the joke, I've come to the conclusion it either happened and TPTB managed to cover it up so well we'll never find out if it's true, or it was indeed a joke, and I'd like to say to OmegaLogos… and your point is?? So the joke was posted after the book was published… and what exactly does that prove hu? Jokes move from mouth to mouth generally and rarely get typed up on the net, the reason I found and posted what I did was because I remembered the joke from some time ago but couldn't remember where from, I did a small search and found the joke site, your use of emoticons is slightly offensive where as mine were meant as a joke, even the OP took it with grace and understood this….

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Majestic RNA]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Explanation: My point was to deny ignorance. I had never even heard of the Joke before and within 5mins I had the original sources temporal origin scrutinized and I compared that with the temporal origin of the info you linked to. There was an incongruence IMO whether the source you supllied was the ORIGINS of the joke. I found it wasn't and as I mistakenly pecieved your post as insinuating that it had originated from a Joke website etc. I went of a bit half cocked and I apologize unreservedly for any percieved insults my post may have caused you.

Personal Disclosure: Just because the story is humourous doesn't discount the possibility of it being true and the question has now become one of how can we validate its accuracy and authenticity?

Is it a JOAX or is it a really occuring JOKE?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Apology accepted, Like I say I couldn't find any reference to the story on the net, and I agree whole heartedly just because the story is humorous doesn't discount the possibility of it being true, it would be interesting to maybe contact the author of the book and find out where or who he got the story from, an astronomer is the source according to the OP but no mention of a name, the only way I can see closure on this subject is to go for the source of it failing any other information coming to light.

Let's all play nicely from now on

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

that guys post was so harsh I actally put him on ignore.

I agree with the other poster, just because it makes a good joke dosen't make it fake.....the best and funniest jokes are the truest!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
whether or not it is true...there is one thing for sure.

It IS funny!!

thanks for the laugh

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakus...The tone of it reminds me of Douglas Adams's Guide to the Galaxy...

Perhaps it was a message from Europa calling the dolphins back "home"

As the dolphins leave Earth to re-unite with their brethren on Europa, their departing message to humans (translated from their clicky/whistley language) might be just as Douglas Adams wrote:

"So long, and thanks for all the fish"

[edit on 1/18/2010 by Box of Rain]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
This sounds like a Twilight Zone episode. It has Serling's sense of humor.

I heard the message was translated and found to be a book called "To Serve Man".
The people who made the translation though it was nice -- the aliens wanted to serve us...

until they discovered...
...It's a cookbook!!!!!

[edit on 1/18/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hi. I only recently heard about the messages from Jupiter's moon that I found on a website. This message came as a shock to me because it proved to me my encounters with two extraterrestrials from Io did indeed happen. It is true that Io, as well as Ganymede are inhabited, and probably some of the other moons too, but due to the Comet Shoemaker/Levy 9 inpacting with Jupiter back in 1994 those inhabited worlds had to be evacuated enmasse. I have only had 2 encounters with the Jovians, in 1986 and again in 1990. Below is a link to where you can read about my 2 encounters with them, plus all my other extraterrestrial encounters I've had.

shirleyhardy.blogspot.com...

Unfortunately, the only beings now on Io, and all of the Jovian moons, are the ones called the Planetary Council members and they only returned last year some time. The moons of Jupiter were evacuated from 1993 to very early 1994. We're talking of a population of 900,000 inhabitants of all those moons. How do I know this? The Jovians told me in 1990 as well as in a more recent telepathic conversation with one of them, as well as by another alien which I haven't written down yet.

I don't really know when the message was eavesdropped on by Earthlings but if it was between 1993 and 2009 the entire thing is a hoax and fake.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sorry I only half read your original post. I was really tired and forgot what I read. I also would like to say that as the message happened in the 1980s the message was probably being sent to other beings on other planets in preparedness to evacuate their home worlds.

I would just like to say, and I know this is not related to this thread, but the Jovians are really nice beings. Their message "We weren't talking to you." would've been said in a matter of fact type tone of voice. I've personally spoken to a Jovian and this is a fact: they do not use the words "weren't" or "can't", etc in conversation. Instead they say "were not" or "can not", and so on. Just thought you might like to know.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have read this story by an earlier posted thread here on ATS. It is a lie, made up and fantasy. Please do not spread this sort of farytales, because it damages UFOlogy. However I cannot seem to find the thread back again may be someone else?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Seriously lol.

I heard that the signal when it was translated actualy said. and i quote

"I'd like a 12" pepperoni pizza with extra cheese..ROFL"

sorry couldnt resist.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join