It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeology: Pyramid Builders' Graffiti

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Check This Out

This graffiti was discovered by an English adventurer, Colonel Howard Vyse in 1837. It was found inside sealed chambers (the ‘relieving chambers’ above the King’s Chamber) and contained references to Khufu. Thus, on this basis, it was concluded that Khufu had indeed built the pyramid. The authenticity of the workmen's graffiti in the Great Pyramid is questionable. Alsford and many other authors claim that the graffiti could have been faked. It was known at the time that Colonel Vyse had expended many years and a great deal of money on expeditions to Egypt, but had failed to unearth anything of major significance until his 'amazing' discovery in the Great Pyramid. The Graffiti could have easily been fabricated by copying inscriptions which had already been discovered on other structures and in the quarries nearby. Interestingly, the graffiti was only found in the chambers broken into by the Colonel. The so called Davidson chamber, lying below the other chambers and discovered by an earlier explorer, had no such graffiti. Indeed the rest of the pyramid is strangely devoid of markings of any kind. In the absence of any attempt to radiocarbon date the ‘red ochre’ paint which was used to daub the graffiti onto the massive granite blocks in the relieving chambers, debate as to the authenticity of the graffiti will continue.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I linked a video for you previous page, and reedited some of my response.....trust me when you see it you can see clearly it is workers lines and graffiti that dissapears under the rock laid above, so its construction work.

Additionally His father built a large pyramid that was very good, they worked it out and then he made his mortuary temple.

This is a construction by indigenous people, if I could fly you all there and take you through bit by bit and show you construction that dispells all the myths laid down over time I would.

The workers village was occupied for nearly 30 years and the graves show us bodies injured by heavy labour, they did not require 10000 workers over 30 years for a paint job....

[edit on 19-1-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Sorry, yes, I went back & noticed you edited the post. Very good videos. At 1:00 in Part II they show the red survey lines. It bothers me that they only show these lines in the same upper "chamber" where the graffiti is - not throughout the rest of the pyramid. Also she mentions 2 stones every 3 minutes for 14 years - straight. Wow, that's hard for me to grasp...

Signals note to self - Stay out of debates with Zazz!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and videos !

I will be checking them out tomorrow as its to late to make some popcorn and kick back to watch Egypt videos tonight , but tomorrow after work is

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Max_TO]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join