It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunday morning sermon: Aliens exist...Jesus never did...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
At a minimum, thousands of people report clear, indisputable experiences with alien entities. I personally am very close with someone who has had abduction experiences with aliens and the experiences were all very good. That person saw and interacted with the being and was quite lucid, not dreaming. Physical evidence (marks, and sometimes even implants) are present. Yet, we have a religion that controls people, places them in lifelong terror at the prospect of eternal suffering and torture, and lays guilt on them for not forking over at least 10% of their income. That is supposed to exemplify the hand of a loving god that NO ONE has seen except via occasional delusion or hallucination, or perhaps even imitation by certain alien beings. In short, there is MUCH more evidence that aliens exist and interact with humanity than there has ever been that a mythical person named Jesus walked this earth. I myself was a Christian for over 2 decades and thankfully awoke to the fraud I had fallen sucker to...

Try this site on for size:

www.jesusneverexisted.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Are you suggesting that we replace one belief system based on no evidence with another which lacks as much proof?

Why don't we all join "m0r1arty - The King of All" and I'll happily grant you mind manna, enlightenment and a 15% discount at Burger King??

Seriously - why don't we??

-m0r

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

In your own theory..
You do not have any proof of an 'actual' abduction case, as you can not prove that Jesus walked across the sea. You have faith your close friend isn't a liar, just as people have faith that Jesus, and God exsist.

-SD

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Reply to post by m0r1arty

If I join do I get a secret decoder ring?
As for the OP, where is your proof? On either of your claims. Not talking about who's claims you believe or who's motives you feel is bad or pure but hard PHYSICAL proof. And one claim you'd need a time machine to prove conclusively. :dwn:

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

There is actually a special offer to 'true first believers' wherein you donate enough for us to build a special academy for truth and enrol students to study there and you get an 'Astro Chicken' decoder ring which as I'm sure you know is required to complete the game.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Reply to post by m0r1arty

As for the OP, where is your proof? On either of your claims. Not talking about who's claims you believe or who's motives you feel is bad or pure but hard PHYSICAL proof. And one claim you'd need a time machine to prove conclusively. :dwn:

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I've witnessed UFOs myself. My friend and other close acquaintances I believe. Physical evidence is not necessary to prove anything if credible witnesses can corroborate a story. However, here are sites that discusses physical evidence of UFOs:

www.project1947.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...

Testimonial evidence holds up in court if the witness is credible and the event is questioned enough to rule out misperception and lies. Such credible testimonial evidence exists for alien abductions. As for Christianity, I posted a site that will provide all the proof you need that Jesus never existed. Way too much to post here.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Are you suggesting that we replace one belief system based on no evidence with another which lacks as much proof?

Why don't we all join "m0r1arty - The King of All" and I'll happily grant you mind manna, enlightenment and a 15% discount at Burger King??

Seriously - why don't we??

-m0r

Acknowledging the existence of aliens doen't require belief. See my post above with links to sites that discuss physical evidence. Again, testimonial evidence is admissible in courts and can be used to convict. However, physical evidence exists as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The proof of Aliens is speculative at best, most of what witnesses proclaim as proof can be naturally occurring events as well. The vast majority of your abductions can be attributed to issues such as sleep paralysis. Many of your UFOs, as we see on here day after day, are misidentifications. Scoops and implants are also naturally occurring issues. Scoops are often bug bites, pimples, and scratch marks that occur while the person is asleep. Implants normally end up being calcium or iron deposits that the body stores under the skin (a type of cyst).

Religions and UFO's do have one thing in common though, they both belong to the realm of belief. UFO belief is simply another religion.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Just because you feel you got screwed by Christianity doesn't mean that all religion is false, buddy.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
Testimonial evidence holds up in court if the witness is credible and the event is questioned enough to rule out misperception and lies.

These the same courts that have you swear on the bible prior to giving your statement?

Just checking because I highly doubt they would use their means of citing someone to be truthful with undermining their entire system.

As for the website you refer to which can shatter the truth about Sherlock Hol...I mean Jesus, I can refer you to a website where Baby Raptor Jesus is making rule 34 with Sam Carter from Stargate.

Doesn't make it any more real (but it IS cool)

-m0r

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

It would appear that there is no more nor less evidence for jesusyahwe than there is for aliens.

You may well believe your friend but at the end of the day that is no more different if your friend claimed that jesus healed his migraine.

I'm surprised that, as an ex xtian you did not consider this before posting, and did not think back to the time when you believed what you did for whatever reason that you had.

Anyhoo, congratulations on joining the world of reason and let's hope you've no nagging doubts lingering in your mind to set you back.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

These the same courts that have you swear on the bible prior to giving your statement?

Do some courts still do that ? I'd be quite surprised if they do it is totally rejected in my neck of the woods, for obvious reasons.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Don't know about aliens but George Carlin does make some good points about UFOs in this clip:

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You obviuosly have had a bad experience with "Christians" somewhere. Even if you don't believe Jesus to be the Christ, but simply an influential figure, there is ample historical proof that Jesus existed outside the Bible...Josephus and his History of the Antiquities, Roman clerical records, the historical records verified in the accounts of Jesus, people-places-processes...all give as much proof of Jesus as any alien account or witness.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Maybe Jesus was an alien-human hybrid what was artificially inseminated into Mary during an abduction?

There is theories that extraterrestrials put codes into the Bible.

That's just some theories that our out there. Take them as you will.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

There is actually a special offer to 'true first believers' wherein you donate enough for us to build a special academy for truth and enrol students to study there and you get an 'Astro Chicken' decoder ring which as I'm sure you know is required to complete the game.

-m0r

BS mate.. I have the astro chicken decoder ring. it doesnt do sh**. I want the turbo fish stick decoder ring..thats where the powers at

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Religions and UFO's do have one thing in common though, they both belong to the realm of belief. UFO belief is simply another religion.

no no no... you have it ALL wrong there mate.. in the HOME.. not in BELIEF.. they belong in the home only.. well except ufology because soon enough all this bull# will pay off

new topics

top topics

join