It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interpals owner 'Antonio' hacks and breaks into my user account

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I've been on a penpal site (interpals) for years and I've always enjoying making friends online.. I always knew there was something fishy about the owner but could never put a finger on it..

Today I found out he not only hacked into one of my profiles but THE OWNER uploaded private information about me and then went about pretending to be me and talking to others acting as me..

What is hypocritical about all of this was a few months ago I used to be a profile moderator on the site and Antonio (the owner) would always stress the importants of following TOS and being fair and impartial to all users..

I called him out on it and promptly he banned me from the site.. So I recreated a profile to inform others of the truth but he has not only not apologize but made excuses for himself over and over again, and used lie after lie to get out of the messy situation..

If a small time penpal site owner can act like this God knows what the CEOs and politicians are up to these days..

docs.google.com...

digg.com... eaks_into_user_account

I know this is not the end of the world or anything and I long knew about the likes of google and yahoo with regards to user privacy.. but a small site owner personally getting into my accounts and masquerading as me really sucks..

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Who else knows what this "Antonio" weirdo is doing with all the personal info of people... He's admin after all, he can just dip into people's info.

People should always upload as little personal info as possible... Criminals are in the business as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I was an admin of one of the primary conspiracy sites in my country "in my last life" before my fionce passed away.

Yes, it is true, it is as easy as cake to steal another members identity, pose as him, get all his personal info he has contributed while registering (like email that is supposed to be hidden from everyone)... you get the deal.

I however, never misused my "authority" because i am a honest person. It is up to the user of the internet to decide to who you give out what info. It can be hard, you will be betrayed, but this is life

join