It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I tell it how it is...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Alright, this is something on my mind that I want to get out. Every day I witness countless people waiting for some being to come and rescue them: God, Jesus, or alien. However, it makes me very sick that people are waiting to leave this planet and just forget about the people they love or the people in this world.

I keep hearing people demanding that their God come and rescue them: IT MAKES ME SICK!!! I can understand you wanting a better life, but don't you realize that we, the people, have put ourselves in this position. We allow this suffering to continue and we can change this world, but we don't because we want to believe that one being is going to change the world. Don't you see that makes you slave to that being. Don't you realize that we just need to come together and start caring for one another.

Why do you want someone to do the job for you? Why do you still stand around like fools praying and doing selfish sacrifices that you believe will help you escape from this world? Why don't you help your neighbor even if he or she doesn't ask! The person you see at work, the store, school, everyday people. Small things go a long way.

I'm so sick of selfish, lazy, and greedy people who only care about themselves. Oh, it's all find when you get help, but when your neighbor ask for help you push them aside. You're no better than they are.

Why do you preach about love when love is not in your heart. You want to know why this world is going to end. It's not because of a calendar, book, spell, or chant. It's because we don't give a crap about one another and that's putting it nicely.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
As I stated numerous times on this forums religion detriment humanity as a collective. Constant suppression of the idea humanity's has the ability to solve their problem. Promotion of dismissing logic, and subtly suppress the ability to critically think.

Over reliant + excessively lazy = wasted potential and a comatose world.

A controlling manufactured product, which catalyze transient pursues of hidden bible code or hidden implication, which could be false and non-existent. A perfect distracting mechanism. Subtle teachings of aping characters from the bible.

"Since this bible character didn't falter and believed in god despite lack of evidence, he received gods benefits. So if I do so, I will without a doubt receive the same treatment from God as the bible characters did"

As a result, this logic construct the mindset of waiting on god's benefits, and enduring and "turning your head the other way" at problems.

lo and behold billions of people ape this fiction, and billions stunt humanities potential of saving this world.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

[edit on 17-1-2010 by GrandKitaro777]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
christians have been trying to tell the world about the teachings of jesus
how love is paramount how not to judge and to treat people the way they would like to be treated but very few want to listen and the rest just call us bible bashers and a pain in the *rse i know that all christians are not perfect but none of us are and we all make mistakes thats why i would not preach to anyone that did not want to here it but if i could still help them in any way i would and i do not wish for my god to take me away that is not up to me i think all life is preshous and also god did say he gave his only begoten son so no one would perish

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
we all make mistakes thats why i would not preach to anyone that did not want to here it perish

extreme run on sentence notwithstanding...this portion is nice to hear

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

join