It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes and tsunamis are not caused by "God"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Seriously what's with all these threads blaming natural disasters on the wrath of "god" fella?

Earthquakes and the likes are natural disasters! Are we seriously returning to ancient times where we assume every wrong thing in our life is because we didn't make enough sacrifices or please the right god? Maybe Poseidon is angry because we forgot about him?

Yes the boxing day tsunamis were terrible, but it was not gods will. Yes Haiti was a former Voodoo nation, but any god who would punish these people for that is nothing more then a whiny little kid. The Australian bush fires were not about gay marriage, they were about a Freak who got turned on by fire.

All these ministers on youtube are just getting too much, seriously.What kind of sick freak uses a natural disaster and a peoples pain for ratings and scaring people into listening to him? Get over yourselves, I'm sure that a real god would not care who you freaking worship, is he really so in need of the ego boost?

These nations need help, not a bunch of crazed man child virgins saying it's their own fault, these ministers and anyone who believes the crap that comes out of their mouths should be set on fire or at least sterilized.

HELP THE HAITI EARTHQUAKE RELIEF
trans.worldvision.com.au...
(Donations of punching one of these "Ministers" in the face also accepted.)

Mod Edit: Removed all caps title.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I have seen most try and say its HAARP and not god and thats just as funny to me. I believe in HAARP but geez.

If you believe in god then you kind of need to also think he is behind it in my opinion. God would be the one who created everything and he would be the reason for the earthquakes because he designed how plates shift. He also allowed people to live there and because he can do anything he allowed it to happen.

If I have the ability to stop you from pulling the trigger and killing somebody but I choose not to save them, doesn't that make me also responsible for their death? Now twist it more and say I also made the gun and helped raise you into the person you are along with setting up the events to allow you to get the gun. It would seem I pretty much killed the person myself then.

So yes I think we can blame god. Even if it was HAARP, it would still be he fault.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Pretty much, it's sad but I can see A bunch of Christians and Muslims and whatever else rushing in and saying"ooh no, that's the devils fault" which is complete bull. How'd the devil get so power he can challenge god anyways?

It's a sad world when believe we don't have any choices in life and everything is determined by some PMSing invisible father figure.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well, can you prove that god didn't do it?

I mean whose to say that god didn't punish the haiti people?

If we believe that god did kill all those people via an earthquake, we can grow from the learning experience, and bring us closer to god, and thusly, god creating this earthquake, brings us all closer to god, and that's what is best.

God works in mysterious ways.

Look its brought some people closer together raising money for the poorer and the damned by god.

I'm glad I believe that god did this, it allows me to see that he didn't strike down my local city in an extreme horror, but to someone elses country, letting me know I still have a chance to try harder to please him.

It's a growing experience.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

try harder to please somebody that doesn't give you any real directions in what they want? Is god a sitcom wife?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

try harder to please somebody that doesn't give you any real directions in what they want? Is god a sitcom wife?

All is said bluntly in the bible!

The missionaries were there to try to help them, obviously the haiti people were against god, and like soddom and gommora, god struck them down!!!

God obviously knew this would get great publicity so the rest of us could see his awesome and mighty power, we should thank him for sparing us!

We should also note, that not only was god firm handed by smiting them via earthquake, but they are burning in hell for eternity now, but that's just to show us, that he is real, and we must thank him for sparing us!

If you really want to please god, 10% tithing for purgatory, 20% for purgatory for half of eternity, and 100% tithing for heaven.

Otherwise, You are damned like the people of haiti...... I'll pray for you....

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

If we believe that god did kill all those people via an earthquake, we can grow from the learning experience, and bring us closer to god, and thusly, god creating this earthquake, brings us all closer to god, and that's what is best.

Look its brought some people closer together raising money for the poorer and the damned by god.

I'm glad I believe that god did this, it allows me to see that he didn't strike down my local city in an extreme horror, but to someone elses country, letting me know I still have a chance to try harder to please him.

That's an incredibly selfish view, your glad all these people got killed so you can please him more? Why would anyone want to please someone who would kill so callously because people don't worship him as much?

As for proving God didn't do it, it's called plate tectonics, put down the bible and try reading a science book. A learning experience? What are we learning? HAIL ME OR DIE???? LOL, brought people closer together? Seeing all the Christian missionaries running away and the lack of support from the Haiti Citizens to help? The organisations helped these people, and surprise many members are atheists, they work all around the world no matter what the persons faith because they are GOOD PEOPLE. That has nothing to do with "God"

It's not a growing experience, you can only learn so much about being a slave.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Hey repub08 long time! Nice to see you.. I don't believe God caused this but...

You have me puzzled sir. Why would you ask this when you are clearly an atheist?? God doesn't exsist so there are 2 possibilities...Either it was just an earthquake (which it most-likely was) or it was caused by us...or aliens?? (maybe!!) hmm?? But GOD?? I believe your whole response was sarcastic, but if it wasn't then it seems like you're just pissed off at God.. Not a God you dis-believe, but one you really don't like.

Otherwise, you seem to like to stir a pot in this case.. Not one of your finest moments IMHO.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous

That's an incredibly selfish view, your glad all these people got killed so you can please him more? Why would anyone want to please someone who would kill so callously because people don't worship him as much?

As for proving God didn't do it, it's called plate tectonics, put down the bible and try reading a science book. A learning experience? What are we learning? HAIL ME OR DIE???? LOL, brought people closer together? Seeing all the Christian missionaries running away and the lack of support from the Haiti Citizens to help? The organisations helped these people, and surprise many members are atheists, they work all around the world no matter what the persons faith because they are GOOD PEOPLE. That has nothing to do with "God"

It's not a growing experience, you can only learn so much about being a slave.

Just as evolution is right, it isn't natural, god moved it along to make us, such as plate tectonics, god has moved the world to his liking, and haiti seemed fit for a 'moving' causing the desparity of the satanists inhabiting it.

As for the slave part, I am a slave for god, and will blindly follow his teachings, and when he spanks a child (haiti) I will understand I do not want his punishment.

Christian missionaries had to run away, they are few and far between, if they die in haiti they cannot spread the word of god (god spared them you see!), and thusly god is great, and merciful in this.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Hey repub08 long time! Nice to see you.. I don't believe God caused this but...

You have me puzzled sir. Why would you ask this when you are clearly an atheist?? God doesn't exsist so there are 2 possibilities...Either it was just an earthquake (which it most-likely was) or it was caused by us...or aliens?? (maybe!!) hmm?? But GOD?? I believe your whole response was sarcastic, but if it wasn't then it seems like you're just pissed off at God.. Not a God you dis-believe, but one you really don't like.

Otherwise, you seem to like to stir a pot in this case.. Not one of your finest moments IMHO.

I'm sorry

I couldn't resist...

My apologies, I just wanted to role play the whole scene....

Saturday night...... bit buzzed.... i'm stopping my DWP now

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Mkay so by your logic every bad thing happens because God is punishing them? So that child who got killed by a bullet coming from the church roof? OBVIOUS HEATHEN! The world centre, SODDOM AND GOMORAH! That goldfish you had when you were five? DEATH TO THE NON BELIEVER!

Seriously, you claim god is infinite yet you have trouble pretending to explain what he does? And don;t pray for me, I don't want any association with a hypocritical whiny little shell of what a real god should be.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

OH hahaha so you were messing around?
LOL, I was getting so angry thinking there was actually someone like that

Wow, I hope you were messing around.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It's a paradox really.

A earthquake or tsunami cause havoc and preachers dismiss all logical natural catalyst that would cause a Earthquake or Tsunami, and claim some God did it.

The burden of proof is on the person who claim God did it.

Why isn't he punishing America. America is the most sinful place on this entire earth more-so than poor haiti.

So we dismiss the possibility of a natural catalyst and allege God?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

OH hahaha so you were messing around?
LOL, I was getting so angry thinking there was actually someone like that

Wow, I hope you were messing around.

I'm about as atheist as they come....

It was just a neat experience to pretend to actually believe that ****!

It is infuriating isn't it, grinds my gears for sure!

If you don't know me by now, you should probably check out the hundreds of threads I have and thousands of posts lol

I like this thread though, I'll SandF and stop posting under the influence,

Edit to add: oh now i'm receiving Foes lol, my avatar explains most!

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Republican08]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I suspected someone had to be trolling in that post.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

True, and good point, however, there is one more possibility. left arm amputated transsexual elves...you cannot prove that this wasnt the work of them either, under their earth in the hidden cave tunnels that network across the world...they could totally have been under that place and decided to move their plate levers, causing the earthquake for their simple sick pleasure..

and the fact that they eat souls once every 25 years....this may in fact be the truth, because you cannot prove without a doubt that it wasnt them...just like you cannot disprove this was Gods doing...however, God has a bigass universe to tend to...if he is causing a earthquake here, he doesnt have time to make a flower grow in sweden and make a baby form in the belly of some alien creature 40 billion light years away..seems to me, the elves are a bigger suspect for the simple convenience aspect and their need for ripe souls for their feast.

go on, prove this theory wrong.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

I'm sorry

I couldn't resist...

My apologies, I just wanted to role play the whole scene....

Saturday night...... bit buzzed.... i'm stopping my DWP now

lol I knew it.
Go get some sleep, friend trust me I feel the pain of the hangover that could be awaiting tomorrow!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
If you believe God created the Earth.

He probably created it to be a self sufficient system.

If he is able to stop an earthquake he wouldn't do it !

It would destroy the machine if you would disrupt it by messing with the system.
As if you would change the oil of a running motor.

I mean, true wisdom is shown by creating a machine without the need for maintenance. Won't you agree ?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

I agree. I'm tired of the hardcore religious folk claiming that every natural disaster is the product of some unseen spooky angry sky man. It reminds me very much of the people who blame every big storm on Global Warming. The Earths climate is constantly changing and yet the same doom and gloom hype that religion uses is being used by the Climate hypers.

Saying that God causes these horrific disasters is an overdose of ignorance, it'd be like claiming God gives people terminal illnesses. Could imagine having your house and life decimated by one of these disasters and have to listen to some nut insult your entire nation claiming it so sinful and irredeemable that God himself wanted it destroyed...

Not to mention, if God exists and is all powerful then he'd get the job done as far as destroying things. If he wanted something devastated he could just make it so by sheer will, no natural disaster needed.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

As for proving God didn't do it, it's called plate tectonics, put down the bible and try reading a science book.

I am a Christian and I love science, believe me the two things can peacefully co-exist. When God does something, he does it within the natural rules that he applied to this universe when he created it. As a matter of fact, they are finding that many of the acts of God mentioned in the Bible do in fact correspond with natural disasters. What God does is control the timing and the circumstances in which those events occur.

For example, its now believed that the Flood of Noah, was actually caused by an asteroid impact into a small sea in the Mediterranean, and there is a crater that has been found in Iraq that dates to 3000bc, the time of the flood:
Umm AL Binni Lake Crater

Another example is the destruction of cities of the plains (Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, Zeboim, and Bela—also called Zoar ), they have discovered three of the five cities ruins. The cities were in fact covered in spongy fragments of charcoal as mentioned in the Bible. The area, which supported five cities with over 1 million people is now unable to sustain any life whatsoever for an extended period of time. The currant line of thinking is that the destruction was caused by a major earthquake, and now there is even some belief that an asteroid impact may have been involved in this event as well:
Bab Edh Dhra (Sodom)
Numeira (Gomorrah)

So while I am not going to sit here and say that this was done because the people of Haiti deserved it, as Pat Robinson did, I have to say that it may be a Biblical event, the same as the Tsunami and Katrina. The reason I will say this is because I believe that we have entered into what the Bible refers to as the "Last Days" before judgment. I have now witnessed three events (five if you want to include 911 and the economic crisis) in the last 9 years that are unequaled in all the other years I have been on this planet so far. These events are in fact speeding up, coming closer together, just as mentioned in the scriptures comparable with “Birth Pains”.

How'd the devil get so power he can challenge god anyways?

The Devil is the Prince of this World, he is quite powerful and will challenge God in the last days. Maybe you should put down the science book and study some religion, its good to be a well rounded person after all.

Mkay so by your logic every bad thing happens because God is punishing them? So that child who got killed by a bullet coming from the church roof? OBVIOUS HEATHEN! The world centre, SODDOM AND GOMORAH! That goldfish you had when you were five? DEATH TO THE NON BELIEVER!

First off, ignore Republican08, he is not a Christian, and is being a smartass.
Secondly, God does not cause evil on man, man is subjected to evil and thus death, because of his sin.

Anyway, get used to this stuff happening, I am afraid we are going to see more, and worse n the coming years. They are warnings to man that the end is near, and he better get right with God...

Mark 13:8 - Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join