It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So in your opinions which bleak future is more probable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Which terrible future is more probable:

1)The dictatorship-Police State of the movie "Escape from LA"
2)The global ruin senario of the Movie "Mad Max"

I think The Dictatorship-Police state of the Movie Escape from LA is more probable(but I wouldn't be shocked if We nuked ourselves and it became like Mad Max).I think the chess pieces are already being moved around for such a thing to happen. What do Y'all think?

[edit on 17-1-2010 by MDSJR1967]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Actually, more like the opening scene of "Dawn Of The Dead" but with no Zombies, just real people doing the killing.

The PTB may well have planned an organizsed default on US debt, but I believe that events will overrun any planning.

The BIG TRIGGER, the biggest disaster waiting to happen is Britain.

Gordon Brown, desperate for re-election is making big play of the Opposition Tory calls for spending cuts. Now, the UK, MUST go to a General Election by 3rd July 2010. Wtiht the deficit skyrocketing and Labour miles behind in the polls, Gordo will probably do a give away budget at the end of March.

ONce this occurs, there is the real risk of a Bond Downgrade from AAA to AA.

As a result, even with just the worry, bonds will plummet on the markets, sending the stock market crashing in the UK. Banks will be whacked and more casualties will mount and the Government will have to step in to save them at a huge price, worsening the bond situation and making it nrar impossible for the UK to borrow to finance its interest.

WIth the UK plunging into a new super-deep depression, mass lay-ffs will occur and angry protestors will take to the street as a massive run on sterling will send prices through the ceiling there.

At this point, facing certain electroal defeat Gordo will do one of two things...

- Accept annihilation at the polls
- Delay the election with a form of martial law.

Should the election be delayed occur, the Tories will walk out of Parliament triggering full scale martial law.

Should the election take place, the Tories will immediately try to handle the crisis, reversing what the USA wants and annoying the Europeans.

Either way, the crisis in the UK will now rapidly spread to the USA with collapse in stock prices and self-fulfilling worries over martial law.

IN the UK, the head of the Tories cold face assassination either behind closed doors or publically if he is Prime Minister.

Once bonds start to collapse in USA as everyone fears a British style collapse, it will be impossible to refinance the US Government and the events of the French Revolution will be repeated in the USA with a period of mass killings in the USA by people who have lost everything in a country where all law and order has stopped as Police can no longer be paid.

By 1st August 2010, the USA and UK that you know will both be over.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by aristocrat2]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
so your anser was number 1, you may be right as the EU would have to sent in troops to sort us out or boot us out the EU witch won`t happen, i think labors job is to fk things up so the torys can come in and doa harsh fix blameing labor for our whoe`s thats what happend last time labor were in, thay all play for the same team the partys are just so we think we have a choice

as for the op i don`t think mad max is coming round any time soon unless all the world gose to war so i would guess 1

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MDSJR1967

Hi,
Worse - I might get back with my wife....

Peace!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think I will keep stocking up on food and seeds, and get a third water butt,
plus plenty of esbit blocks, candles, toilet paper, socks, underpants, sewing machine needles/cottons, anything else I can think off between now and June.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I have to lean towards #1
never seen escape from la though.
I prefer starship troopers,this is how i believe our government will be in the future,after the collapse of the current ones.
hopefully without the giant bugs.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I remain hopeful that the entirety of the human spirit is still intact enough to bring about a meaningful revolution before fascism takes hold or we face a desolate futuristic wasteland (ignoring 2012 beliefs, though).

In the end it really depends whether wide scale war comes or revolution can take place...if the former happens, number 2 with come about but surely those in real control plan to survive it and reestablish their grip on the world.

If the latter happens, before war, fascism will not come be allowed to publicly manifest in control. In any case, I won't allow it and I know many people here, those waiting for it as they lie in sleep, and the people slowly awakening to this plight won't either. Regardless of the true intentions of the founding fathers, whatever they may have, the general spirit of what they spoke resonates in our hearts and minds because they speak much of what is the naked human spirit, a sort of quasi-anarchic ring, like a minarchy. And America in it's very earliest was very minarchy like. But the systems indoctrination methods we call public education has it's follies in control in that it teachers these things. It tries to ignore and over right them, but the names of these people mean something to all of us in reality.

All I know is that the voice of the people will shout over the sounds of the guns firing at us when time comes, and when this specific event happens it will spark revolution. This WILL happen, that is the inevitability of the future. So long as a nuclear holocaust doesn't envelop us.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Neither scenario...

The Industrial Age is Just giving way to the communication Era and that will bring chaos and change and when it is done we will be better off than before...

I'd say Half way to mad Max...

Only half Way because when production breaks down war ends and nation states stop being able to hold territory...

Some places will suffer

Some places the people will band together...

But when it happens you will have a myriad of social experiments occurring town by town city by city the moment Nationalism ends... as we know it...

Some of those experiments in how to live in a new age will succeed far and beyond what we have now and spread...

It's all cyclical, things change, the old dies and the new is born...

I don't actually see any of this as bad, just part of nature... always darkest before the dawn as they say

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

what do you mean by fascism? because No common and concise definition exists for fascism and historians and political scientists disagree on what should be in any concise definition.

its mostly used to bash any hint of right wing view. REAL fascists got beat more than 50 years ago so it should be a dead word "totaliterian" is much better if thats what you mean

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oh come on....

Didn't any of you get the Memo?

Anybody....?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87c427a5f991.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDSJR1967

Interesting questions...I suppose you could have a combination of the two. A patchwork of city-states tightly controlled by tyrannical little Ceasars, while outside you have "feral" anarchic areas people by nomads and scavangers.

In other words, kind of like the "dark ages" (I know that expression is out of fashion these days in academic circles...) after the fall of Rome, but perhaps a bit more high-tech in some ways.

Personally, I don't see either/both for some time...I think things are just going to slowly go downhill...the developed world is going to start looking more run-down and like the third world, while small parts of the third world are going to look a bit more like the developed world (but the large masses of people will still be in dire poverty).

In the devloped world you will start seeing more "Detroits." Urban blight and scabland. Services will be inturrupted...tightly scheduled systems like flights and other transportation, and perhaps even electricity and water, will be more errratic. You will go to the grocery store not knowing what will be on the shelf for the day. You may have to wait in lines more, like the old Soviet Union. There will be barter, there will be black markets, there will be increased crime. There will be a lot of "waiting around:" idle and semi-employed people "hanging out" in the streets or trying to run petty scams on each other for scraps and leftovers.

This is an excellent article about life in Lagos, Nigeria. I think the first world will start to look more and more like this, slowly but surely (although perhaps not quite as crowded...still, you never know).

[edit on 1/17/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The future landscape is a combination of capitalistism and anarchy. The threat of global war has passed, as lines between country's have been erased, ... however the threat of violence still looms, from neighbors and coworkers alike.

It seems as if the whole world has hit a depression, ... nothing is worth nothing, some people work for food only. Even those who have job's must look over their shoulder as work places become small war zones ... with each ethnic group fighting for power.

The world is overpopulated, violent, .... and smelly. Much nicer here if you ask me ..... appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If ya'll really wanna know what the future holds, go and read your bibles! That book has never, ever been wrong, and never will be! It foretold 9-11, the economic crisis in america, the rising EU, the coming of the re-emergence of the roman empire, microchips, and so many more things, and will continue to tell us all about the future! That is if we read it!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thewind

i hate organised religion but the bible has got it right quite a few times and i like the 1000 years of peace bit but what dose your book say happens after that?

@SLAYER yeah i got the memo
i personaly see this as the biggest threat to mankind and hope it never comes to pass i`d rather just die than have to pray to another mans god(mine don`t write books or make rules) and see only womans eyes n then theres the violance. geez the list gose on why this can`t be allowed happen

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Throw BLADERUNNER into the mix and you've got a deal.

That's the future, kids. (Minus the off-world colonies.)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Actually I think it will be a lot like that video game Mass Effect. We'll get off of earth, probably sooner rather than later, and when we do the expansion potential is amazing. Because of that I don't think that it will ever be the settled happy space-United Nations that the Federation in Star Trek is. Instead, while there will be built-up and "civilized" areas of course, there will always be that new and ever growing frontier, a perpetual Wild West. It's the kind of environment I think humanity does best in. We're born to explore.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
Actually I think it will be a lot like that video game Mass Effect. We'll get off of earth, probably sooner rather than later, and when we do the expansion potential is amazing. Because of that I don't think that it will ever be the settled happy space-United Nations that the Federation in Star Trek is. Instead, while there will be built-up and "civilized" areas of course, there will always be that new and ever growing frontier, a perpetual Wild West. It's the kind of environment I think humanity does best in. We're born to explore.
[

We're doomed. We can't even mount a manned expidition to Mars, and we don't have a good understanding of how to use energy to run our economies, never mind powering off into the galactic core or what have you. Instead of pouring our resources and brainpower into space exploration, we've spent the last 30 years making plastic spinners and faux-granite countertops...when we weren't busy blowing each other up oir finding new ways to pick pockets via financial chicanery. Stick a fork in humanity, its done. Back to a neo-medieval serfhood. Maybe we can mount another renaissance in a thousand years or so, if there are enough of us left.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDSJR1967
Which terrible future is more probable:

I think The Dictatorship-Police state of the Movie Escape from LA is more probable(but I wouldn't be shocked if We nuked ourselves and it became like Mad Max).I think the chess pieces are already being moved around for such a thing to happen. What do Y'all think?

[edit on 17-1-2010 by MDSJR1967]

I believe we'll have either both or none:

Both will occur wen some countries collapse wile other enter martial law.

None if we earthlings nuke ourselves to hell or something like that.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
the dictatorship will come first. then the global ruin.
the blood of this planet is already on our hands. it's just a matter of time until we make it uninhabital. although i don't believe in it 100%, global warming jumps to mind.

top topics

join