It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wyclef Jean Charity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancient_wisdom
I would much rather trust Wycleff Jean then the Bush and Clinton family, ha! no comparison. However, I don't really trust any charities so I won't be donating. And if the U.S. wanted to help they wouldn't send militia and the CIA over there. Good luck getting a bottle of water passed those goons.

Absolutely!! I couldn't believe Bush actually said not to sent supplies, just send cash. I know that Haiti is in desperate need of everything, including money, but when someone tells me they just want my money red flags and sirens start going off in my head. Just for fun I did a search on who was accepting supplies for transport, Yele (in Miami), Food for the Poor, Fashion Delivers, Soles4Souls, Shoes2Share.

If anyone is interested in sending supplies the Huffington Post has contact info for all the clothing organizations lists.

Overwhelmingly, the charities do seem to asking for money, but as with the current situation of Yele's previous tax docs, many/most of the tend to skim off the top. As I said before, I hope that in the current situation all donations will be making their way to Haiti, but unfortunately philanthropy seems to be a major scam. Even the causes with fairly good reputations are still skimming off the top, thus why I prefer to purchase my goods and drop them off.

<< 1   >>

join