It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Exist? - Einstein

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been uploaded before, i searched but didnt find anything, also if this is posted in the wrong spot mods please movie it

Now to the topic at hand.

A friend sent me this video the other day and i found it to be really brilliant, it shows Einstein as a child and how he completely overthinks his professor. Its really a neat video, and basically describes how Im starting to see the world and existance itself.

Does God Exist?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Of course, now I find the other thread.

Sorry about that guys.

Still an amazing video to watch though, really shows Eisnteins brilliance.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It truly displays his insight into our own brilliance, if we choose to see and think. See without our eyes and think without our minds. Nice vid, and good to see you're coming along with your own personal quest for the minds truth. Much luck!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
He sounds like the occult writers in some way...probably trained himself. It's cute but not quite correct. Maybe he just wanted to mess with the prof's head.

I mean, it says so:

Isaiah 45:6-7
That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

[edit on 1/17/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
So we're supposed to observe that a 10 year old saying that is a genius. Surely Einstein was a genius. But, darkness is the absence of light, it doesn't exist on it's own... cold is the absence of heat, it doesn't exist on it's own...

Though I am 20 and have finished a high school education, I feel like I would say the same thing then thats on my mind now. And that is, "No crap."

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. At 10 years old (what i'm estimating the kid in the video to be) once you are taught those basic physics, it's easy to understand.

The god thing, however, is just silly. He does not exist.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
He makes a good argument about the other points but "god" is apparently everywhere, there is nowhere god doesn't exist according to the religion. A god that isn't everywhere is not a god at all.

PS. Whatever happened to Dark matter? Or Black Holes for that matter?

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

The god thing, however, is just silly. He does not exist.

To make the claim God does not exist is very silly.
You can not make this claim seriously without complete Knowledge of the
universe. Do you have full knowledge of the Universe? If you do, then
that makes you God. God must be insane to be posting on ATS in
denial of his own existence.

That is silly.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well, regardless of my beliefs or sources of internal evidence, an individual's perceived absence of God IS completely consistent with the non-existence of God. They should thus feel the completeness of their being. Hm.

What's the step beyond the oft-used retort, which incidentally, I consider to have become hackneyed, "You can't prove God doesn't?"

No, absense of evidence is not evidence of absense won't cut it. It's really the same thing. Likewise, absense of evidence is consistent with actual absense.

I just needed to dump this minor crick into the noosphere.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

No, absense of evidence is not evidence of absense won't cut it. It's really the same thing. Likewise, absense of evidence is consistent with actual absense.
You know very well the oft used retort deserves to be oft used.
Mainly because it isn't the same thing. It is the very truth of the oft
used cleche you refer to, I guess so you can retort to that in it's stead.
It assigns with great accuracy, the wildness of the statement, God does not
exist. k? I suggest that anyone who makes such a claim has no idea of the
magnitude of what they are talking about. It is stupid for anyone to walk around spouting God does not exist.
Do you have a clue why?

BECAUSE THEY CANT KNOW THAT.

Nobody does. The very fact that there is even a concept of God is evidence
their is one. Why would human beings who just evolved, evolve with a
belief in a creator? I mean whats up with that? No it is STUPID to say God does not exist.

Not asking you to prove anything.
Just quit saying things that prove a lack of true knowledge.
Everytime someone says God does not exist they deserve ti hear the oft
used retort.
Have you ever noticed that the Bible presents no arguement for the existence of God. It just runs straight away from the beginning and never once considers that there would someday be doubt. Because it is that
obvious to the uncluttered mind.
SnF

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It is stupid for anyone to walk around spouting God does not exist. Do you have a clue why? BECAUSE THEY CANT KNOW THAT.

We are born not knowing about gods or God. Until someone puts the idea to us, there's no concept of one. We haven't evolved with the idea, it's a trope, a meme, an idea that's been transferred through time. That it doesn't exist in it's own form is evident by the massive difference in concepts of gods and God in this world. No consensus at all.

Calling a guy stupid is and SHOUTING isn't helping your case. Now you can hit the caps-lock and shout a lot or go away and stop trying to force your Faith-based logic on other people...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I NEVER CALLED ANYONE STUPID. I'm starting to feel like it. Sorry if that bothers you.
Are you just going to try and confuse the debate with B.S. or what?

I don't call people names over the internet.

It is a retort that I have aimed directly at Dawkins. You can see by him making this claim what a Goof he is. No one with true knowledge would set there self up like this.
Am I gonna see one of those big overblown bombastic editorials about
all specifics and macroscopics. It really dosn't call for all that?
No matter how many different ways you say it.
The objection would be sustained in a court of law as it would be" leading
the witness".

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

My mistake...the part you wrote about, 'It is stupid for anyone to walk around spouting God does not exist' kinda threw me off the scent. Nope. You haven't called anyone stupid...or suggested they are

Now what you call BS, I call a fair point. We aren't born with a belief in God. Your own belief in God was given to you. In your lifetime, you've added and built on that belief. It makes you happy. It makes sense to you. That's all good.

The thing is other people that don't share your convictions have drawn their own conclusions too. If people decide 'God doesn't exist,' their conviction is equal to or surpasses your conviction. A lack of God is a conclusion supported by many logical approaches. Faith in God is dependent on an emotional belief and requires all sorts of jiggery-pokery to allow for that existence.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
"In God I live and have my being"

With out the reflection of god's non existence ...the invisible....
"Holy Ghost"

I too am with out existence ....no mirror to reflect upon.....

Even the reflection of nothing is still something

And that something is "existence"

God the "Divine Being" lives through me

I do not know what it is..... All I know is that I love it's ... Being...
(being in the state of love)

Funny thing is ..when I become one with the universal intelligence... (as known as God )

Through ...Meditation ...inner stillnesss.....mindfulness

There are timeless moments when there is no reflection of me....I dissolve into oneness
(no reflection of my individual self) ....
Yet even when I am with out reflection ..(some may call or describe this as death)

"I still am" ......even when I am not being visible to my self

Oneness has no visible reflection ......I simply become "all that I am"

This experience of being with out my "individual self existence"

Shows me that my life and all life is nothing more then a wonderful illusion.....

Created by the existence and the non existence of that which is known as God ......

Existence and non existence are one and the same ...duality and oneness

Just beyond the reflection of the beautiful buttercup..is the divine essence of it's being

This is the divine beauty with in all life...."the divinity"

And this divine beauty resides even in the most hateful and ugliest of our selves

The Christ consciousness the "light" with in us all ...that in which Jesus himself spoke about

"In God I live and have my being"

The holy ghost does not exist...yet it existence through life's reflection
life's beautiful ( illusion) of it's self
God simply being

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by EnlightenUp

It is stupid for anyone to walk around spouting God does not exist.
Do you have a clue why?

BECAUSE THEY CANT KNOW THAT.

Nobody does. The very fact that there is even a concept of God is evidence their is one. Why would human beings who just evolved, evolve with a belief in a creator? I mean whats up with that? No it is STUPID to say God does not exist.

That is perhaps a bit oxymoronic. They can't know one doesn't exist (is undecidable) and yet there is ostensibly no alternative but to have one? Incredulity that one cannot imagine why evolution could lead to belief in a creator isn't proof of one. Undecidability means there isn't proof of the statement either way.

I was saying that those who decide to deny it have a reason for their faith that is self-fulfilling. In shutting a creator out of awareness, one will not find one and one's evidence will be consistent with absense. They might be looking for burrow owls up in a tree. Yeah, that Johnny Worster kid, jumping Jesus on a pogo stick.

But then, that is sort of the same thing as saying that there's been no maulings by purple tigers since the Patriot Act was signed into law. Actual absense can provide evidence for their faith.

Not asking you to prove anything.

I'm trying to find a new way to prove something.

Just quit saying things that prove a lack of true knowledge

Everytime someone says God does not exist they deserve ti hear the oft used retort.

But it has proven in all probablility to be an ineffective strategy.

Have you ever noticed that the Bible presents no arguement for the existence of God. It just runs straight away from the beginning and never once considers that there would someday be doubt. Because it is that obvious to the uncluttered mind.
SnF

As above, so below. My knowledge of the Bible isn't thorough enough to say it never offers anything it would consider an argument. I cannot prove or disprove that assertion myself so I'll take your word for it. Nonetheless, presupposition of God is necessary if the book is to be claimed as God's word.

Excuse me I overlooked this:

Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

[edit on 1/17/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

The thing is other people that don't share your convictions have drawn their own conclusions too. If people decide 'God doesn't exist,' their conviction is equal to or surpasses your conviction. A lack of God is a conclusion supported by many logical approaches. Faith in God is dependent on an emotional belief and requires all sorts of jiggery-pokery to allow for that existence.

Let them draw their conclusions. They can not claim God does not exist it
doesn't fly. People of the Ancients did all the monumental work they
did because some shaaman licked a frogs butt, freaked out runnin around the tundra, then when he came down, he had some philosophy he told
everyone about. Then the notion was so popular it went global.
That explains where we're at today?
Why if man evolved did he evolve with this wacked out notion that
would pss off all the really really smart guys.

evolution could lead to belief in a creator isn't proof of one

I never said it was did I?
I will agree that both statements,"god does not exist" and "god does exist"
Are absolute equal statements.

Contrary to" the pop belief" Christians don't say things like," good thing
you didn't kiss her because God does exist".
You will always here things like
"I don't see how that can happen I mean hey, God dosn't exist".

There fore the need to oft use the retort.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Non believer tent to lean their faith on science. But if they only understood science. God would be a significant scientific factor to our existence.
Its just that Non believer tend to think God is a man.
They know that a man did not create existence. But still they think that God is a magical man that we believe in because God created us in He's image.

They think that God looked in the mirror and though. Man i have to create people who look like me. Because that would be a very important aspect of he's creation. Its like our mind is just something God used to fill the empty space between our ears.

Its the non believer who make up all these imaginary story's about God and creation. And then they say. "And This is what you want to believe in "Jeezus".

We think we understand them. And they think they understand us. We all think we understand everything. But clearly one side is way of track.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

We think we understand them. And they think they understand us. We all think we understand everything. But clearly one side is way of track.

Why is it so hard for Scientists to grasp the possibility, of a spirit world
that can't be held over a bunson burrner? A world that could be
mankinds hope that this life is not a space between two nothings.
That there really might be no one out there in the cosmos.
Because they were meant for us.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DXFILMS

Of course god doesn't exist because MAN created god!

Here a list of just a few

www.lowchensaustralia.com...

Every culture on earth had their god(s) creation stories etc ALL with just as much reason to be believed as any other as they ALL have one thing in common MAN made and told the stories!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It's stupid to say god can't exist because there are so many variables, for one, god could have been completely non committal, and only put evolution and the big bang into play, then stepped back and just watched.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Wow amazing words for such a young boy, altough the statement implies that Einstein was religious or spiritual, i think in his later life he was an agnost. Allot of confusion regarding the subject.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join