It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Close Are We to Committing Genocide?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I believe that we are being told a lie. We are being more and more pushed towards genocidal tendencies. We are slowly being put in a position where there may be no return.

Here is a board that I found Here

(sorry if the picture is not sized properly, I am still tryin got figure out this type of thing)

If you look at the categories on the left you can see that we are now at stage 6. Let me explain in detail what I mean.

Stage 1. People are divided into "us" and "them". There was a famous speech by G.W. Bush in Congress on September 20, 2001 said, "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." IT began the divide between the US/whites and the Muslim world. Whether this was the intention or not at the time is not known by me, but the more we advance in the stages the clearer it gets.

Stage 2. Symbolization. 1 name : Osama Bin Laden. He is the icon for the "war on terror". He is used all the time to keep the moral of the war high up and keeping people divided. Also on the flip side, the symbol of the American flag is a way to make people believe in the division. Blind patriotism is a very strong collector of approval.

Stage 3. Dehumanization. Images of Muslims in anger after being attacked or while they are fighting back are used to show the people that these people are "animals" and only want blood. that they only want to kill, that they are not human. Repeated images of suicide bomb sites, repeated images of firefights with occupying armies, these are all used to show how "horrible" these people are.

Step 4. Organization. The creation of the Homeland Security Agency, new screening tactics, more officers trained in "counter-terrorism", practicing "terror drills", etc...

Step 5. Polarization. Over patriotism, MSM over reporting events that target Muslims (IE sick Nigerian man on a plane who locked himself in the bathroom is a possible threat), causing over-suspicious behavior (IE urging people to call in neighbors who are weird), etc...

And this is where we are now in my opinion:

Step 6. Preparation. The keeping of "lists" (sound a little Nazi like to you?), going to war in other countries with baseless arguments, invading other country's sovereignty to conduct air strikes, etc...

We are now in a time where our countries are getting ready to cause much damage to the Muslim world. I would call it genocide as it is targeted, intentional, and with the goal of eliminating a group of people based on their religion and faith. This is being done covertly without anyone realizing it.

In view of this rather poor record of ending genocide, the question needs to be asked why the "genocide studies" paradigm cannot predict and prevent genocides with any accuracy and reliability. The paradigm of "genocide studies," as currently constituted in North America in particular, has both strengths and limitations. While the moral fervor and public activism is admirable and salutary, the paradigm appears blind to its own implication in imperial projects that are themselves as much part of the problem as they are part of the solution. The US government called Darfur a genocide to appease domestic lobbies, and because the statement cost it nothing. Darfur will end when it suits the great powers that have a stake in the region. – Dirk Moses

Concentrate on this part especially :
"While the moral fervor and public activism is admirable and salutary, the paradigm appears blind to its own implication in imperial projects that are themselves as much part of the problem as they are part of the solution. The US government called Darfur a genocide to appease domestic lobbies, and because the statement cost it nothing. Darfur will end when it suits the great powers that have a stake in the region."

We are blind and we are as much the problem as the solution because if there is no cost or gain, then it's not worth it. Therefore if there is some cost, but there is gain, we can be a part of it fully.

Now, the question about why the Muslims? It's my opinion that TPTB are fed up of not having control over the oil/gas/trade routes in the middle east (see US Army? also see Haliburton!). Also, being slaves to the Zionist regimes, it is in their interest to help get rid of the Muslim world. Another theory is that the world just needs another scapegoat for war. It needs a reason to fight, as simple as that; War = money.

This disgusts me...

Peace,

Magnum

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I believe MOST people are educated enough to avoid genocide.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Not even remotely close !

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

You must not be aware of what is going on in the world today then?

Or does genocide only count when it happens to non-black \ non-asian \ non-muslim. Forget about Rwanda, Palestine-Afghanistan and the white blond hair blue eyed muslims of Bosnia.

Genocide is a regular occurrence and the mindless stupidity, racism and hatred perpetrated by the sheep masses will always guarantee that it will happen again.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Jinni]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

If it is genocide why are there still Muslims in America? I have Muslim friends. They are cool people. They are still alive and doing well in America.

If it is genocide why are there still over a billion Muslims left in the world?

No, what you are describing is not genocide, it is propaganda to get the people to support the government while the government attempts to fix our economic problems by going to war in Iraq. Our government cares a lot more about our economy than about exterminating any religion, let alone the second most widespread religion in the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
i think if its going to happen its going to be the west that takes a bit hit from the muslims not the other way around, i mean thay are already here and many hate the west just needs a spark and this tinder box is gone

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I expect that if you were inside various 'muslim' countries you could make the case the other way around as easily as you do here. Often things are a matter of perspective.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Abortion IS Genocide, Duuuuh!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm not saying that there is genocide being committed now by the US/UK yet... Only that it is in the works...

As far as people saying that they have Muslim friends and such... I believe that this "genocide" will mostly take place outside the US/UK, under the guise of "security" and "protection"... We are being manipulated into accepting that indiscriminate air strikes and raids, such as in Lebanon, Palestine, and Pakistan are necessary. In the process thousands of people are dying without anyone defending their basic right to life.

Magnum

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

1) Classification: Them = God's people, Us = Infidels

2) Symbolization: The American flag has become the symbol of evil to Islamic extremists

3) Dehumanization: I cannot count how many places I have seen that infidels are swine/non-human/vermin etc...

4) Organization: Preparing young muslims from very young ages to be involved in Jihad. Putting together well funded, well trained organizations with the sole purpose of carrying out attacks on infidels in the mid-east as well as setting up cells in other countries to prepare for strikes.

5) Polarization: The many reports out of the Middle East that trump up the numbers of innocents killed by the US & NATO. The finger pointing at Guantanamo and other places to make the US look like the "big evil" in the world.

6) Preparation: Attacking non-muslims and anyone who opposes sharia law. Recruiting as many as possible withing the enemy's border...

7) Extermination: Let's hope that our political correctness doesn't let it get that far

I guess I just wanted to play devil's advocate and show how things like this can be viewed from both sides.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni

You must not be aware of what is going on in the world today then?

Or does genocide only count when it happens to non-black \ non-asian \ non-muslim. Forget about Rwanda, Palestine-Afghanistan and the white blond hair blue eyed muslims of Bosnia.

Genocide is a regular occurrence and the mindless stupidity, racism and hatred perpetrated by the sheep masses will always guarantee that it will happen again.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Jinni]

why of course not. nether did i forget about the dafur, bangladesh or the Armenian genosides
bosnia was abit two sided for me to buy in to plus i know a guy that was there while the UNARMED serb civilians were under attack whilest trying to flee

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Genocide has been committed already by funding terrorist Govt. of Israel.

6. "Victims are identified and separated out because of their ethnic or religious identity..." "At this stage, a Genocide Emergency must be declared.

Gaza..West Bank...Illegal settlements.

7. Extermination "It is "extermination" to the killers because they do not believe their victims to be fully human." "At this stage, only rapid and overwhelming armed intervention can stop genocide. Real safe areas or refugee escape corridors should be established with heavily armed international protection."

Again Operation Cast Lead and continuous daily persecution..

8.Denial "The perpetrators... deny that they committed any crimes..."

Happening now by Israel and USA. (GoldStone Report)

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

So I am not the only one who sees the link between the "guide" and what's going on? Finally someone else is realizing that there is something in the works! Something needs to be done and quickly.

Magnum

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

People already are doing lot of thing inspite of no assistance from International Govts. Such as writing to their city legislators, boycotting Israeli goods and companies that support them, taking part in protest march (Gaza Freedom March), contribute to Aid agencies such as VivalaPalestinia etc, informing frens. and relatives about the crimes and urging them to boycott and take such steps.

This is how Apartheid South Africa was stopped first on small level, then Govt. will be forced to take steps and listen to their people irrespective of their (profit/ gains, influence from Israel).

[edit on 18-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
40+ million abortions of convenience should be evidence enough that we've been
practicing genocide in the USA since the 1970s.

Too late to blow the whistle on genocide. It's been with us all along.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/18/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I'm not sure we should mix the abortion of convenience issue with genocide... At least not on this thread...

Magnum

[edit on 10/1/18 by Magnum007]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
geee, it is genocide all-over, war, diseases, 'delays in relieves', its been here for ages,

check professors rudy rummel page on genocide/democide: www.hawaii.edu...

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnum007
I'm not sure we should mix the abortion of convenience issue with genocide...

Pardon, but killing off 40+ million living humans — who would have otherwise lived —
is genocide in anybody's book. It blows away the Nazi Holocaust AND Stalin's murderous
reign combined.

Of course, the pro-abortion stance is that unborn humans aren't REALLY humans.
Which is shameless denial on the face of it.

The fact of abortion is that one human decides her life is more worthy
than the life of the unborn child, and so makes a decision to terminate that unborn
child as a matter of convenience.

Tell me how this is different from the Nazi Final Solution, in which one group of
humans decided their lives were more worthy than the lives of the Jews
they exterminated?

Of course, there is no difference. Genocide is always genocide in retrospect,
but usually not at the time it's taking place.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/18/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I understand what you are saying. The only thing is that I am trying to talk about genocide on an international/cultural/religious/territorial level. Your arguments are very good for the abortion issue, but I am looking for answers to the question of whether the wars we are waging over seas (and supposedly here in North America) have some other reason behind them.

I must say that I like what you said here:

Genocide is always genocide in retrospect, but usually not at the time it's taking place.

This is a very true statement concerning genocide in general. I most definitely agree with this!!!

I can definitely see a good thread about the possible link between abortion and genocide (maybe we could collaborate on one?). Albeit, I don't really share the same opinion as you on that issue, so we could very well get a good discussion going about it in the future!!!

Peace!

Magnum

[edit on 10/1/19 by Magnum007]

[edit on 10/1/19 by Magnum007]

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I sure hope so! The problem is not the education, or how many people are educated. The question is "Are the right people, the ones who make the decisions, not only educated enough, but also have the incentive not to commit these heinous crimes?"

Greed and power can make alot of good people go bad. If the incentives to commit these crimes are more powerful than the ones not to, then the situation is dire...

I just hope I am wrong.

Magnum

top topics

<<   2 >>

join