It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find me some obviously sick children': What PM Tony Blair told aides on hospital visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Downing Street officials were ordered to round up ‘obviously sick children’ for a photo call on a hospital visit by Tony Blair during the 2001 General Election.
Labour Party general secretary Peter Watt tells how he prepared for the visit to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King’s Lynn, Norfolk.
‘En route I got a call from one of the PM’s team asking if I could make sure that there were half a dozen “obviously sick” children for Tony to meet,’ he says. ‘I spent several hours scouring hospital wards for poorly looking kids ... and had them in position seconds before Tony turned up.’

Source

Well this doesn't surprise me one bit if this turns out to be an accurate report .

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
"Quick, get me sick kids, i need to look good".

I really don't think this is something people should be doing, but, if the photo shoot asked for sick kids, getting kids in the 1st year of cancer and don't look too sick is completely unacceptable.

Ha, just kidding, the whole fact of taking pictures of people for publicity is wrong to me, let alone sick childeren.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
This reminds me of when obama had that meeting with all of those doctors, and he had his staff hand the ones who came in dresses, or suits the white coats, so that they would actually look like doctors.

new topics

join