It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need help demon / alien

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by tdrowe2008
ok im not really sure about this but recently ive had sleep paralysis quite often maybe about 3 times a week and the other night

Definitely classic sleep-paralysis with a dash of "Old Hag" syndrome added. I got this quite often when I was younger. It will pass. Some things you can do that may help avoid this happening:

- Don't go to sleep with a really full belly.

- Try to keep a nice, consistent sleep schedule. I had episodes almost any time I was overly exhausted and sort of felt like my mind went out before my body did...does that ring a bell? Ever hear that little "whoosh" in your head and quickly nod off repeatedly when you relax? Any time I had that, I would also get a paralysis episode later.

- Stay hydrated. Not sure why, but it seems to help a great deal.

This is completely physiological and you will grow/age out of it to the point of it almost never happening. I am now 45 and rarely have more than one occurrence a year now.

Good luck!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well seek medical help. Not always down to paranormal. More frequently its down to you own mind.

Try sleeping with the lights on the web cam yourself. Play the video back when you have a odd moment and if there is an alien or ghost. You may see it.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

You work as a psychologist and you jump right into demonic visits? No licensed psychologist would do such a thing. Give it a rest.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
What usually helps me counter acting these sleep paralysis terrors is sleeping with the television on. When I wake up feeling paralyzed my mind focuses on the tv. Just some food for thought.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Build a device that is triggered when your eyes are opened. Some type of switching device. When your eyes open and your body is still asleep you can have it trigger a sound device or something else that may awaken you completely.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Medications such as Sodium oxybate (Xyrem) may be prescribed as a cure for sleep paralysis in severe cases, but the best treatment for sleep paralysis is to reduce stress and get the proper amount of sleep. So get really smashed before you go to sleep that might help the stress.. just a thought.. or Xyrem .. Ur choice

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yes I had a similar experience. I believe I was semi asleep and I was thinking of Kim Jong Il. Then all of a sudden, I heard a growl on my right ear and soon after, I felt this thing wrap itself around my body except the eyes. It started to squeeze me and I suddenly woke up and screamed, then told it to "go die".

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
If the hallucinations are a direct result of sleep paralysis then why aren't my sleep paralysis episodes accompanied by hallucinations?
Also, the explanation that the body wakes up before the mind does doesn't make much sense to me. People move all the time in their sleep. They react to things. You poke them, they roll over. Anyone who's had a girlfriend can tell you that.
So what is the process that seems to paralyze people while they wake up when they aren't paralyzed while they sleep?
Since breathing is a subconscious act I don't understand how being awake or dreaming should have anything to do with it.

My experiences with it include the paralysis of my entire body, including my lungs. I have the ability to move if I exert myself enough during the experience.

Not everyone has hallucinations during sleep paralysis, I don't but a couple of times I've heard a loud bang.

Paralysis only occurs during REM sleep. It's only during REM that we dream and if we weren't paralized we would act out our dreams and that would be BAD. REM is only one of several stages of sleep that we go through during the night. That's why you sometimes see people roll over or scratch their face while they are asleep.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Its common for me to hear loud banging and violent stomping approach me durring sleep paralysis accompanied by a very strong and intimidating sensed presence. Like I can feel whatever it is hovering over me. It always feels like something bad is about to happen and sometimes I will feel wind blowing in my face, actually hear someone talk to me, hear music and sometimes I will think I have awoken, walk out of my room and then find out that I'm suddenly back in my bed completely paralysed. Confusion usually accompanies my sleep paralysis and I've heard weird robot sounds like, "BEE-BEE-BADA-BOO-BEEP-BEEP!" and it was really loud. I've had sleep paralysis ever since I can remember and it happens to me pretty frequently. I can wake myself up from it easily though and from what I've heard, it can be really intense for people who are not used to it. I try to explore it or have an OBE while paralysed, but it's usually feels way too unconfortable so I just wake myself up... by closing my eyes, focusing on my head and then jerking it. Even though it's easy to just slip back in.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
Feel free to see my earlier thread on the topic that haunts me...

Could you give provide a link to the particular thread you've mentioned?

There's something messed up with your profile link, or I would've searched your profile for it.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is to abductions as swamp gas or Venus is to UFO sightings -- a lame excuse for something the scientific highbrows can't explain. So, they really have no explanation other than one that sounds good superficially (it's like saying "oh, it's just sleep paralysis, now run along), but when you look more closely, like marks on the body, other witnesses, etc. it falls apart.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
the weird thing is my brother and sister seem to think theres a demon in the house i have never mentioned my sleep paralsis to my 8 year old brother and i have marks as if i been injected 1 looks like a snake bite and other just a dot ive had them for years and so does my brother 1 is more recent then others

i no its probally nothing but i do have some werd memorys as if theve been in planted i even though i couple of them was real and my sister said the other day she had them since she was young

THE SAME DREAM

basically it was were there was a bridge and we would drive over it but we had to jump a gap

i genrealy beleieved that it was real i even asked my dad in american when i was there if he had ever been there !

i must be phycotic????...........

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Please remember that your a spiritual being having a physical experience and in relation to your experience it could quite simply be that your spirit is trying to remind you of this this fact by separating you from control over your physical expression.

No demons, no ET's... it's simply you trying to remember who you are... step out and go with the flow.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Tdrowe2008,

I personally think there is more to this "sleep paralysis" than what the main stream people think.
Professionals and psychologists say it is all person based of course.
Even people here say this, but I think there is much more to it because, in the '70's when I was a teenager, I had some episodes of sleep paralysis like yours, but in my situation I would awake to that instant feeling of being observed. I could force myself to wake up on demand though, unlike many cases. In some of them I could feel a whirling centrifugal motion as if my body was spinning, and a few times I let it grow until suddenly I was thrown from the bed , covers and all, with a pretty good force that threw me into the bedroom wall. In other times, something would grab my spirit like a towel and yank it down to the floor and pin me to the carpet, and I can remember feeling and seeing the carpet material very lucidly, and then forcing myself to immediately wake up because my heartrate was becoming uncomfortably high from adrenaline.
I believe if you have the will power you can win against this.
In my case I did get a hypnotist to give me a post hypnotic sugesstion to "wake up" whenever the first sign of these things began. After that, whenever they did start in a waking type dream, it was like instant recognition of this and I would instantly wake up, and this I feel deprived whatever it was from happening. My Christian faith is what helped me through it, but that might not apply to you.
Hope you get through it,
all the best....

[edit on 27-4-2010 by UfoSpecial]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i have tried calling jesus name but it never works i can imagine its only going to get worse i was thinking of recording my sleep but i dont want to see anything i can usually feel something enter my room before i go asleep i cant explain the feeling

its kinda airy sixth sense kinda thing

the other night i was having a dream where i was physic i then focused all my energy on stopping a tsunami and then i woke up with a aliens nose touching my nose for about a mnute it was mumbling i was opening and closing my eyes trying to make i go away thats all i remember

but it does kind of freak me out even if it is mental i have a very active brain for my age

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visiting ESB
Sleep paralysis is to abductions as swamp gas or Venus is to UFO sightings -- a lame excuse for something the scientific highbrows can't explain. So, they really have no explanation other than one that sounds good superficially (it's like saying "oh, it's just sleep paralysis, now run along), but when you look more closely, like marks on the body, other witnesses, etc. it falls apart.

This is so perfectly said, but I would add that these people also like to add on things like "Hope it gets better!" or "Good luck with it!" and things like that. It is seriously annoying when, like in this thread, people just say "Oh its just XXXXX and nothing to worry about!"

Obviously it is something to worry about, even if the cause was not paranormal. But since it can be paranormal, I would worry even more.

There is a lot of information out on the internet, it just takes sitting down and taking the time to search for it.

Try burning Dragons Blood Resin throughout your whole house. You can also say a prayer as you do this, and I would recommend a prayer to St. Michael. I have gotten rid of a few different things that were hanging around places where I was living by using the resin alone, but to pray to St. Michael is powerful as well, and I say that as a totally non-religious person. I do believe in an entity known as St. Michael, though, and that this entity is powerful against negative things.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tdrowe2008

I had a similar experience several years ago.
I hope my old thread will help you!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

i have tried calling jesus name but it never works i can imagine its only going to get worse

Jesus' name works best when you truly believe calling his name will help. Sometimes the name alone will work without the belief, but you can't always count on it. Try calling out to "Christ" or, as mentioned before, St. Michael.

And I think another thing that might help is to imagine it getting better. I know its just a figure of speech when you said you imagine its only going to get worse, but our minds are more powerful than we realize. It is also part of the belief that calling these names will help. Try to think more positively. Little things like this add up to a lot.

Finally, remember that we have power over our domain. If its an entity invading your space, you can command it to leave. This WILL work almost every time. But, again, believe in your power. It has to leave.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Don't worry it's nothing, I think this entire forum might have gotten to your head

Theres a famous quote "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, no matter who has said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. " ~ Buddha

Get some sleep.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by coolman909]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

ok im not really sure about this but recently ive had sleep paralysis quite often maybe about 3 times a week and the other night i was asleep felt something touch my head i woke up instantly and could not move i managed to move my hand and felt like a grabbed a beings wrinkly wrist about 10 seconds later it touched my head again and i had a fit n fell back to sleep

also recently my bed has been shaking quite alot and its gets abit scary have to sleep with a pillow over my head because it seems as if something touches my head???

what does everybody think have you heard of this before??

[edit on 16/8/1991 by tdrowe2008]

One would usually assume it is sleep paralysis. But you are describing what i endured from age 6 to my late teens. reason being 'wrinkly hands" and "touched on the head" tells me it points more to abduction. Please look in to the Roper Report and then maybe you might have a better idea if it is sleep paralysis or if it is actual alien abduction. Keep in mind most people who have been abducted do not remember anything.

the roper report
www.ufoevidence.org...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join