It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"SAVE or "SAVE AS" Thread Before Posting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Hi there,

Wondered if there is any way of saving your thread before posting it?

So you may be half way through a long thread or a new thread and want to take a break or post it the following day, is there no way of a "SAVE" or "SAVE AS" function so you can revisit it before posting?

thanks, G.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Put it in your Favorites.
You might want to make a special folder for threads you want to save and name them so you know which one it is.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If you type up your post in a word document, you can post it whenever you want. Also, sometimes people who take a long time to type up a lenghty post, sometimes lose it for some reason or another, ( pc crash, etc.) so typing up your post, saving it in a word doc and then posting is a good way to go.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
When I am writing a long thread I like to write it in notepad or Microsoft Works then cut and paste it into the field when I have completed it. This way I can take my time to write/edit it before posting it. I save my work to my desktop and then am able to have a copy of my own and it allows me to take my time and make sure I have completely gotten my thoughts together and the document is perfect before posting. I hope this helps.

LifENcircleS

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Additional reason to draft in Word doc. is that if one's post goes over the character req. you have the ability to post back to back if it's already pre-written, thereby eliminating that "response" post in-between and breaking the flow...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the Advice. I've always just used ATS when writing up a thread, but i've lost a few and it's very annoying!!

Think I will try the MS Word next time.

cheers. Grant.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
1. Put the cursor inside the text box (where you write your post)
2. CTRL+A (to mark all text)
3. CTRL+C (to copy all the marked text)

If you lose your post somehow, SHIFT+INS will paste the copied text back in. If you want extra backup, copy/paste your text to notepad

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
You can write anything in something like "Notepad" and then copy and paste it in the reply box before you post it.

If you have a long post, or are starting a thread with a lot of content, I recommend it. The content remains on your system, you can edit all you want, and save it as a txt file as you go along.

When it's done, post it to ATS.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I do what hellmutt suggests and if it's long and I'm not ready to post, I just paste it in a Word document.

I know it's frustrating! I've done it so many times, it's natural now for me to do a CTRL+A and CTRL+C before I post every post.

top topics

join