It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight satellite ((( in the sky before sputnik )))

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
"Wave patterns analyzed by astronomer Duncan Lunan, it revealed its origin as Epsilon Boötes (or the star system as it was 13,000 years ago). Ham operators began receiving odd messages from the Black Knight. One operator decoded a series of these messages as a star map. The map centered on Epsilon Bootes as seen from the earth 13,000 years ago.

www.niburu.nl...

Little info on the star system,
Epsilon Bootes, also known as Izar, is a beautiful double star made up of a mag 2.5 primary and a mag 5.0 secondary star. The pair have beautifully contrasting colors of yellow and green. Izar is the bright star midway up the left side of the constellation.

www.space-2001.net...

Also to note is the star system Epsilon, its an interesting read.
Any thoughts on what this star could represent?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

PennySaint, you are obviously a liar. You claim you "didn't see a thread about it" so you wanted to bring it to our attention, huh? Oh really? You never saw another thread about it?

Someone else pointed out that there was a thread from 2007 on the same subject. Guess what? Penny saint decided to plagiarize their post word for word, complete with identical typos and spelling errors.. Look at the thread from 2007:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look at the word "operaters" and "pickd". Both of them are mis-spelled. Exactly the same as the OP.

All they did was change the few words, and you can even see where the OP changed the first 3 words, because there is an extra space between the words where they added it.

Next time you want to plagiarize something OP and claim it as your own to get stars, don't lie through your teeth and claim you "never saw a thread about it".

You've lost any credibility with me.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by seattletruth]

You should be ashamed of yourself Seattle "truth"!

Your post sums up everything that is wrong with ATS right now, IMO. You are vicious, mean spirited, ignorant and WRONG.

If you'd taken the time to THINK and RESEARCH before tearing another members head off and declaring them a liar and a plagiarist, you would discover that the text you falsely claim the OP knowingly copied at ATS and fraudulently passed of as their own, supposedly in pursuit of stars, IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO ATS!

If you had bothered to check before attacking, you could have copied the very text you quoted into Google and searched for it. It took me about 6 seconds. You would have found that it is from a commentary that is to be found at other places on the net and is not only at ATS, such as:

www.disclose.tv...

There is no reason to assume that the OP copied that text from ATS or knew that there were other threads on the topic here, as you insist.

So you are unjustified in ALL you negative accusations.

Rather, they referenced a commentary that can be found at various places on the net in order to easily summarize the story, just as countless other people on the net have done. People copy and paste such summaries from the net all the time at ATS, just for the sake of speed or because they feel that these summaries are more eloquent or accurate than they could be. There is a lot of 'recycling' like this going on, and it has nothing to do with supposedly being glory hungry for stars, but about members trying to be considerate and share what they discover as they do their own research.

Jeez, hateful people like you are completely ruining ATS.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Malcram]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PennySaint
It was in a polar orbit, something that neither the Americans or Soviets were capable of at the time.

IF the soviets launched sputnik, then why were they incapable of launching a sat into a polar orbit. It's basically the same thing as sputnik, except launched in a different direction.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The Dispatcherator

Is it really the same thing, just a different location?
I always figured launching something into a Polar Orbit would be much more difficult as the object would need to be launched with greater velocity to escape Earth's gravity...
Something that may have taken a bit to get the hang of.

Anyhow, thanks for the OP. SandF. I hadn't seen this story before and it is quite intriguing.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I found this..........." The Black Knight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this email today form the site of Jonothan Grey. Tells of a huge satalite thats been orbiting the earth for a very long time that we didnt put there. Very iteresting....

ARCHAEOLOGY NEWSFLASH 80

Jamie, this news is from Jonathan Gray -
www.beforeus.com You authorized this mailing
when you requested your gift report on our
web-site or a friend enrolled you. See below
for removal directions.

Can you tell me, why? I really want to know. Why would anyone be
threatened with death for prying into a mystery satellite?

Is it THAT dangerous?

So who is afraid of the truth? And what exactly is being covered up?

And who is bolting down the lid? Is it NASA? Is it the government?
The CIA? The universities? The Vatican?

You want to know what this is all about? Okay, here goes.

At the time, Professor Martin Byron was in Melbourne, Australia,
on a scientific lecture tour.

He had just stepped under the shower, when a sharp tingle sent him
scurrying to his bedside phone.

Pasadena, California. "Martin, there’s been another sighting of the
Black Knight. The NASA men are calling for details. Kazantsev in
Moscow is pushing for an immediate expedition to the vicinity. We want
you back as soon as possible."

Byron set down the receiver.

So it was on again. Not sighted for twenty years. And now . . . He
snatched up the mouthpiece and dialed another number.

MYSTERY SATELLITE

I was still some fifteen minutes away from Byron’s hotel apartment,
which afforded time for reflection.

It was, I recalled, in October 1957, that man’s most daring triumph—
Sputnik I—had been rocketed suddenly into orbit 584 miles above the
earth.

With excitement, mingled almost with disbelief, millions worldwide
had scanned the night sky to glimpse that shining artificial moon
skimming on its path east to west against the canopy of stars.

Within four months America had followed suit.

So, after aeons of tortoise-paced development, humanity had suddenly
leapt off the planet; it was startling—and we were alive to see it!

Then came a bizarre discovery. It was hushed up quickly, I recalled.

I was now at Byron’s hotel. The ignition key off, I sat, musing.

As tracking stations swung into action to monitor these new moons,
the night sky had tossed up an awesome mystery. Another satellite was
discovered already in orbit.

Certainly it was neither American nor Russian—and the uncanny truth
was nobody else had the technology.

ASTRONOMERS IN SHOCK

French astronomer Jacques Valle of the Paris Observatory, saw it
three times in 1961 and got eleven data points in forty-five seconds.
It seemed to be orbiting in reverse at an altitude of over 22,000
miles above the earth.

Experts were jolted. Who put this satellite into orbit? How long had
it been there?

"I'm glad you could come." smiled the professor, offering a chair.

"Now there’s something for your research. I might say the Russians
have the edge on us, in this investigation.

WILL SOMEONE BOARD IT?

�Lev Gindelis and the Pulkovo Observatory in Leningrad concur that
the Black Knight is out there waiting for us to explore its cargo,
and God only knows, whatever we find aboard it may change the course
of history."

I shuffled intently. �So you believe this is an intelligently placed
ehicle?"

"Well, it’s not a meteor, and you can rule out space junk."

Let me share with you a little more detail, here.

OTHERS INVESTIGATE THIS ODDITY

In 1953, four years before the U.S.S.R. launched Sputnik I, it was
sighted by Dr Lincoln La Paz of the University of New Mexico.

As more reports of sightings trickled in from around the world, the
U.S. Department of Defense appointed distinguished astronomer Clyde
W. Tombaugh to run a search "

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
A thought occurs, if Earth were being observed, it would make sense to move the point of observation further out as the range of the surface civilization increases.

That is assuming many unknowns as givens. But it would be logical.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
i ve heard abou this Balck Knight

it coulbe a spy satellite

is this it?

www.newlaunches.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well... I told this story once before but.... I lived in a neighborhood where someone who work for Pratt & Whitney engines and had formerly worked for NASA told me when I was say 13-14 years old that NASA had retrieved "becans' from orbit that were not "ours".. At the time I didn't care about the whole UFO Thing at all.. which is probably why he mentioned it.. people always tell you more when they think you don't care... because there not worried about you repeating it... anyway for some reason I always thought that maybe some sort of Present Day 'Federation Of Planets' ship thousands of years ago put out in orbit a becan with a signal telling any space ship that happened to want to visit, what kind of planet Earth is, the state of Technology on the planet, and what kind of animals are presently on it. Basically a Wikipedia of Earth and it's state of affairs. I also wouldn't doubt there's some sort of "hands Off" message.. just a guess

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

Malcram, you are right. I apologize to the OP... Kind of. It's still against the TOC violations to plagiarize others material and use it as their own, but you're right, that's not a big deal.

I didn't mean to be vicious or mean... I just jumped the gun.

I am thankful to the OP for bringing it to my attention, because I hadn't heard about it either. On the other hand, the OP must not know how to type "black knight" into the search field of ATS if they "didn't find another thread on it". There are plenty, and all in the top search results.

Moving on...

Could there be any link between this "Black Knight" alien satellite and the posts detailing a fake alien invasion supposedly codenamed "Dark Knight" in October 2011?

They could be related, if the "black knight" was the name of the first evidence of alien presence on earth ever found.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Molan27
Well... I told this story once before but.... I lived in a neighborhood where someone who work for Pratt & Whitney engines and had formerly worked for NASA told me when I was say 13-14 years old that NASA had retrieved "becans' from orbit that were not "ours".. At the time I didn't care about the whole UFO Thing at all.. which is probably why he mentioned it.. people always tell you more when they think you don't care... because there not worried about you repeating it... anyway for some reason I always thought that maybe some sort of Present Day 'Federation Of Planets' ship thousands of years ago put out in orbit a becan with a signal telling any space ship that happened to want to visit, what kind of planet Earth is, the state of Technology on the planet, and what kind of animals are presently on it. Basically a Wikipedia of Earth and it's state of affairs. I also wouldn't doubt there's some sort of "hands Off" message.. just a guess

My sources tell me the beacons actually contain this message:

"Humans-buy one get one free,10 galactic credits. Free BBQ sauce.
Expiry date: Dec21 2012 "

Seriously though,That is a great story.Makes you think.

Fascinating Thread OP,I wonder if any of the recordings exist of the signals collected from these objects-With todays technology maybe a lot more could be learned from the data.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by smurfy
Well there was a couple of things "shadowing" Sputnik. It was the rocket stages, I remember this but I don't remember why. I'll look for any info to remind me.
Edit to add link. Scroll down to the launch section. The two shadows in orbit were the final rocket stage and the payload fairing. Anyone looking for Sputnik at the time, probably saw the rocket stage, and perhaps the fairing..Sputnik was tiny.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 16-1-2010 by smurfy]

To say a mysterious satellite was "shadowing" "Sputnik and then to say the unknown one was in a polar orbit is nonsense. I'm willing to think that was merely a poor choice of a sensationalistic word rather than a more proper one.

This is a great thread--new to me!

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Aliensun]
Hi Alien,
That's why I mentioned the actual Sputnik "shadows" If you look at the ATS link I posted from 2007 you will see that the opinion is the the Black night story is an amalgam of several stories..including the Sputnik rocket stage. The shadowing and polar orbit stuff is in the OP's post not mine.

I repost the ATS link 2007,(now added to)

[edit on 17-1-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GreyWolf2012

Thats the first page of the book Dead Mans Secret by Jonathan Gray.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
These two statements are mutually exclusive/contradictory:

1. Was detected shadowing the Sputnik I craft.
  2. It was in a polar orbit.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
These two statements are mutually exclusive/contradictory:

1. Was detected shadowing the Sputnik I craft.
  2. It was in a polar orbit.

Is this one of those cases where, if someone was openminded/ hopeful that the story was true that there actually would be a way to logically reconcile these statements with each other, and with the facts, yet, if they were closeminded/ hostile to the scenario/ not able to imagine all possibilities they might not be able/ willing to reconcile them?

We see a lot of cases like that on ATS and I was wondering if this might be one of them.

I'm not well informed enough to make a judgement.

One thing that jumps to mind is that it might be possible for two objects in different orbits to be in reasonably close proximity for a time, enough for someone to use the phrase "Was detected shadowing the Sputnik" loosely and poetically. Perhaps the statement was first made in reference to the time before the specific orbit was known and the phrase arose in reference to what was perceived to be the case at the time, when it was observed, rather than later when the orbit was known?

Just thinking out loud.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by Malcram]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Neat story. I like the Philip K. Dick connection, fits right in with Blade Runner ( do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?), Total Recall & Minority Report.

Just for kicks I searched Satellite Orbital Decay (try it!) and indeed it seems they all eventually fall out of the sky. Though I suppose if a satellite was advanced enough it with an endless supply of fuel (the sun maybe) it could re adjust it's orbit periodically to remain for an indefinite period.

if i were an alien creature that planted life here on earth and wanted to observe it i'd avoid low orbits and i'd plant a satellite in a Lissajous orbit in one of the libration points (see Lagrangian point) which would indeed be "forever stable orbits". so i see no point in "shadowing" a tiny satellite launched from earth... and of course why would that "shadow" satellite send out unencrypted radio waves that anyone on earth with a radio could listen to?! something doesn't make sense here.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Good luck with this topic...Other than what has already been discussed its a dead issue and a black hole for research.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The story is fascinating, and I'd like it to the true, but it pretty much looks like it came out from the mad genius that Philip K. Dick was. That's the kind of wicked idea he usually came with in his stories... like cars controlled by A.I.s with possessive love disorders for their drivers, spray cans giving the power to the user to create everything he imagines at his own will, and, here, real-life satellites from outer space communicating through brainwaves with some specific humans... He seems to be having just the same obsession for peculiar, but very concrete details that schizophrenic people all share.

As long as there is no proof that this satellite was found, that's just grandiose sci-fi.

[edit on 17/1/10 by Echtelion]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JustJoe

reply to post by Echtelion

Actually, it is beginning to come of age.

It is far more likely we are part of a vast simulation, and then one among countless others. More likely than "free energy" or "antigravity". There is more, but I must sadly report the rising majority of faith based "science" is drowning out the good data. Black Knight is an interface, and V.A.L.I.S. has been postulated by hard hitting scientists under other names. But the masses of folks out there think creationism is a fact when reality is an illusion.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

It is far more likely we are part of a vast simulation, and then one among countless others.

...Or this reality you are experiencing is just a Dream I am having.

*Hey matyas, I'm glad you're in it
=

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PennySaint

I think it's strange that you would say that there was nothing on ATS about his topic and then you proceeded to use direct quotes from the other thread in your post.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join