It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Knight satellite ((( in the sky before sputnik )))

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I was reading "Dead Men's Secrets" by Archaelogist Jonathan Gray

It talked about 1957, an unknown satellite was detected shadowing the Sputnik I craft. It was in a polar orbit, something that neither the Americans or Soviets were capable of at the time. There was a statement that ham radio operaters pickd up radio transmissions that were “decoded” (whatever that means) as being a star map that indicated the craft originated from Epsilon Bootes 13,000 years before. This object was dubbed “The Black Knight.”

Philip K. Dick beilved he was in Mental contact with it.. The pivotal element in each is Dick's own contact with the Black Knight, which he called the Vast Active Living Intelligence System, VALIS for short.

www.excludedmiddle.com...

I heard it was also mentioned in "Disneyland Of The Gods" by John Keel

www.scribd.com...

I didn't see a thread about it just wondering if anyone else heard of this

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have heard this before, and Dick refers to it in "Exegeisis".

The man was brilliant, but he also abused amphetamines.

Great thread!! I bet someone on here knows more about the subject.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is a very interesting topic, but I think there are some threads already on ATS about this.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PennySaint

The Black Knight has always fascinated me.. i wonder if the reason there are 1300 satellites up there is to cover it up so the ISS and NASA can get closer looks and examinations of it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a quick search and I found a thread on the same topic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yes, there is a recent thread on it.
It has a vid.
It is fascinating and creepy. I guess it is the music.

There are also others if you search for them.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Very interesting post, I would like to know of other credible sources that talk about this phenomenon. Star and Flag!
Keep up the good work.

Fellow members did the work before I could, thanks!

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Nematode]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well there was a couple of things "shadowing" Sputnik. It was the rocket stages, I remember this but I don't remember why. I'll look for any info to remind me.
Edit to add link. Scroll down to the launch section. The two shadows in orbit were the final rocket stage and the payload fairing. Anyone looking for Sputnik at the time, probably saw the rocket stage, and perhaps the fairing..Sputnik was tiny.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 16-1-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It's also interesting to note that for years scientists thought the main reason for this was because the radio waves were being reflected from ionized corpuscular streams from our sun. Experiments later utilizing very high powered RF transmitters revealed this was not the case, the "echoes" could not be re-created with the experiment...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Here is another link to this story, but from 2007 here at ATS.

Edit, Sorry Slovak missed your link. This is the most likely scenario.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
nvm

[edit on 1/16/2010 by White2098]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Yes, there is a recent thread on it.
It has a vid.
It is fascinating and creepy. I guess it is the music.

There are also others if you search for them.

Hi OhZone.

I'd love to find that vid and have been through every page in the thread you linked to and can't find it.

Is there any chance you still have the video in your history and can provide a direct link to it?

Cheers.

Mal.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This subject never get's old to me. Hope someone figures out what it was

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Has anyone else heard that Ed Leedskalnin(coral castle) supposedly sent one up? I don't remember where I read this, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Well there was a couple of things "shadowing" Sputnik. It was the rocket stages, I remember this but I don't remember why. I'll look for any info to remind me.
Edit to add link. Scroll down to the launch section. The two shadows in orbit were the final rocket stage and the payload fairing. Anyone looking for Sputnik at the time, probably saw the rocket stage, and perhaps the fairing..Sputnik was tiny.

en.wikipedia.org...

To say a mysterious satellite was "shadowing" "Sputnik and then to say the unknown one was in a polar orbit is nonsense. I'm willing to think that was merely a poor choice of a sensationalistic word rather than a more proper one.

This is a great thread--new to me!

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Aliensun]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I read a long time ago about a alleged statement by Nasa's director at the time Hugh Dryden (NACA 1957) that there was another sattelite near the south pole, this statement made many believe that the Soviets were placing weapons in space.
I do remember reading about a Sputnik 1a and a Sputnik 1b. It was nearly two years later (1960) that the story about the boosters and fairings began as explanations for this. The fact is that the third stage booster served as the carrier for the Sputnik1 and that it ejected it with another controlled explosion to make separation, had the booster been shadowing the sputnik it would have created interference.
I am not saying that this is all fact, I cannot find anything to corroborate.
But the truth is that there were many things that pointed towards there already been sattelite launches by 1952. There also is a theory of man having been to Mars by 1954 incliding two videos and some documents.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Mystery Object Discovered in Earths Orbit

(click to open player in new window)

The Black Knight

Ancient Satellite orbiting the earth is it true or hoax ? i came across this article in my mail box so thought it would be very interesting to post here It is said that in 1957 black knight the blip discovered in 1960 a satellite detected shadowing the sputnik 1 craft It was in a polar orbit, something that neither the Americans or Soviets were capable of at the time. This object was dubbed “The Black Knight. It was several times larger and several times heavier than anything capable of being launched with 1960 rockets. It shouldn't have been there, but it was.

Ancient Satellite Orbiting Earth

The Black Knight
In Dead Men’s Secrets (page 1) we published a report of a mystery satellite (believed to be from earth’s former high technology), known as The Black Knight.

In 1953, four years before the U.S.S.R. launched Sputnik I, it was sighted by Dr Lincoln La Paz of the University of New Mexico.

As more reports of sightings trickled in from around the world, the U.S. Department of Defense appointed distinguished astronomer Clyde W. Tombaugh to run a search for the mystery object. He had discovered Pluto in 1930.

The Pentagon never formally released the results of Dr Tombaugh’s study. And no more was heard about the object until December, 1957, when Dr Luis Corralos of the Communications Ministry in Venezuela photographed it. The first modern satellite, Sputnik I, had been launched two months earlier. Dr Corralos was taking pictures of Sputnik II as it passed over Caracas.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I downloaded the whole book from a website for free Dead Men's Secret and Hidden History of Humanity in PDF format. And I think the black night satellite might be what Reagan was talking about when his wife or I believe one of his actress friends commented that he told her that there was aliens and their was an orbiting alien satellite. I truly believe that it could be what remains of an ancient satellite from our distant past, but I could be wrong. The funny thing is that this orbiting satellite happens to orbit in the best orbiting scenario you can have, a polar orbit. Having an orbit going from pole to pole you are able to see all the planet (at least 180 degrees). Sooner or later, this Alien/real history story of the human race is going to bust wide open. I think people are ready for it, the ones that are not are the ones in power. They don't know how it will shake out when disclosure happens, will people blame them, will they be out of power, will hate of your fellow man change, who knows. I do know that as more of the old guard die, more chances of the information coming out are increasing.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
I downloaded the whole book from a website for free Dead Men's Secret and Hidden History of Humanity in PDF format. And I think the black night satellite might be what Reagan was talking about when his wife or I believe one of his actress friends commented that he told her that there was aliens and their was an orbiting alien satellite. I truly believe that it could be what remains of an ancient satellite from our distant past, but I could be wrong.

don't hold your breath to find any "ancient satellite from our distant past". if humanity were to vanish tomorrow all its satellites would be falling from the sky within the next 200 years. it's called orbit decay and that's why satellites that use up their "gas" are de-orbited (burnt in the atmosphere or dumped into the ocean) or "parked" in odd and unused orbits so that they don't bump into other satellites as their orbits decay.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PennySaint
There was a statement that ham radio operaters pickd up radio transmissions that were “decoded” (whatever that means) as being a star map that indicated the craft originated from Epsilon Bootes 13,000 years before.

What statement?

How did they 'decode' it?

What kind of signals were they?

I won't trash this one so quickly since I've just heard of it and it really is an interesting case. But has anyone questioned the significance of the period of time in which these events occurred?

This was peak Cold War tension, one of many at least.

Secret military programs were going on all over the place, why not space programs aswell?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join