It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dehydrating and Storing your own food.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I've been looking this up all day and found many great sites out there. I figured this would be of interest to some of the members here on ATS. I've read on one site that you can store a years worth of food for one person in a 2ftx3ft 5ft high space. I think I could get it stored with less space by packing it very neatly and by packaging it in vacuum sealed bags inside Mylar bags. If packaged and stored properly, such a setup could last one thirty years for most foods at room temperature.

Has anyone thought of doing this or has done it? I'm thinking of getting a decent dehydrator and vacuum sealer with my taxes.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Interesting post. Do you have some links for the preperation of these foods the proper way? I already have the de-hydrator and the sealer, just looking for techniques and recipes.Thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by socrateeze
Interesting post. Do you have some links for the preperation of these foods the proper way? I already have the de-hydrator and the sealer, just looking for techniques and recipes.Thanks

I like this site the most so far, mostly been watching her videos. This lady is insane, it looks like all she uses is dehydrated food from the looks of her setup.

Site

new topics

join