It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Activity in my home

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Let me preface this by saying I've been sensitive to the paranormal as far back as my memory goes. I'm an educated agnostic, my wife and 3 children are Catholic. I've been all over the world, 53 countries and I've seen many strange things from excorcisms and legitimate posession cases to full body apparitions.

The purpose of this thread is to get your thoughts and feedback on what's been transpiring in my home and our previous homes.

After college I had a severre lull in activity. For a couple years it's almost like my powers of observation dimmed. Until March 18, 2000. My birthday and my wedding day. My brother and best man hit head on in a drunk driving accident in the middle of the country in rural se Virginia. Both were killed. For whatever reason I awoke at the estimated time of the wreck and drove directly to where the accident was. This was before the local police made a call to any of the families regarding the wreck. The last thing my 18 year old brother said to me was, "Don't marry her". In our wedding pgotos there were many strange itemscaptured in the photos. Strange lights, translucent apparitions, etc...

We lived on an old civil war era farm in VA. We immediately had a spike in activity. A bang on the barn that kept gettting closer until it was on the house and eventually at the window beside my head. My wife and her mother decided to use a spirit board to communicate with whatever was there. The 2 of them manned the board blindfolded while a 3rd party documented the letters. Needless to say there were interesting results. A boy named James said we were the reincarnation of his parents, and that my wife/his former mother killed him. He said she was evil and I should leave. This is 3 months after our wedding. Anyway after 1 year and numerous other events ranginf rom apparitions, objects moving, voices... My wife became pregnant and gave birth to my son who I named after my deceased brother.

Upon the birth of my son we had increased seemingly benevolent activity in our new home after we moved from the farm into a nice condo. A couple of years later my son was diagnosed with testicular cancer. My wife immediately left us both. She never came to see him get chemo over the course of a year. Towards the end of chemo I met who would become my 2nd wife, my soulmate. My son adored her and since then we've had 2 more children.

While my son was in chemo, I moved to a small island in North Carolina called Knotts Island. A beautiful on 3 acres right on the currituck sound. My wife was terrified upon moving to this house. The couple I bought the house from actually were so terrified of it they built a house 1/4 mile up the street and let it sit empty for 2 years. My son the cancer patient experienced 3 shadowy, black hooded men extending their fingers towards and was saved by an angel named John who said he was my brother. My son was never informed about my brother, or that I even had one. There were no pictures up yet he described him perfectly. Anyway, in this house we experienced voices, shadow people, objects moving... But the worst part, and after years of paranormal experience this was the 1st time I ever experienced this... Every night for about a year I was slapped across the face at the same time every night. My wife witnessed it countless times and was terrified. One evening we actually saw the hooded entity melt out of the wall and come slap me then melt back into it. I eventually dispatched this entity.

Anyway many houses since and much more activity... One thing my brother and I always thought was that our grandmother's spirit dwelled within my mothers house. The day she passed away a clock which was a family heirloom stopped at the time of her death. One day it arbitrarily started. After that day we sensed a powerful energy and it was obvious it was my grandmother. We just knew it. My wife instantly knew who it was...

TBC momentarily

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This magnificent energy has guarded us until recently when it seemingly disappeared. We've had a spike of acrtivity here in New orleans. Heres a rundown.

Playfull-hiding things, moving objects, knocking sounds, covering fruniture with sheets.

Not so playfull- Knocking things off the wall, hiding medications, throwing things.

Downright scary- My 2nd son is now 2 and he is tormented at night. I initially thought night terrors until som of the descriptions he gave regarding the events. Moving shadows, doors opening and closing, apparitions, voices....

I am in the process of blanketing our home with cameras to try and capture this activity that we've all experienced. Almost like an internal security system. But the target seems to be my 2nd son.

I've been sensitive my entire life, my oldest is 8, I concluded he was as well. My mother, grandmother etc.... It runs in the family. My wife is not but she's seeing this shadow figures with suprising regularity... The voices everyone has heard... The objects moving has been witnessed by all.

I'm using this post almost like a journal for activity. Any pictures, videos or audio that we capture I'll be sure to post... I've contributed to numerous paranormal investigations, worked with the mentally ill for years and worked with the Catholic Church on occasion. I've never had a situation in my home which I wasn't able to control, but it's spiralling to the point where it's passing my level of expertise, which is saying something. I guess 3 or 4 sensitives in one place will be a magnet for activity.

But I'd appreciate your thoughts. Anyone allegedley with medium abilities or sensitive I'd love to hear your readings... Until I get some pictures and vieo up just let me know your thoughts. Or if you have questions fire away.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed.
But, as with all ABS posts, where's the proof?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
As I clearly stated the proof other than personal experiences is nonexistent at present. As I said this will be an ongoing process to attempt to document the events and obtain the proof.

I thought I was clear regarding that? If not I apologize.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
you should set up a video camera like they did in that movie. try to catch it on tape and post it after if you can. that would be a cool thread.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I wish you luck in finding answers to your issues. ATS can be a tough audience without proof.

However, I did note that you said you experienced a servere lull in paranormal activity. My intrepretation of that statement is that you enjoy the excitement of the unknown. You may very well be a sensitive and you may very well be attracting these entities by your openess to the unknown.

Going on a limb here...I too have had many experiences. I mentally push it away and am firm with anything I sense that should not be there. Whether benevolent or not. I simply don't want to live in fear.

When I am confronted with an experience I visually throw a field of white light around myself, raise my hand as if to say stop and finally and firmly say "GO AWAY". With practice it becomes second nature. They usually leave immediately. I don't want the so called gift of being a sensitive. It's to unnerving for me. Good luck to you and yours.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yet another "I suffer from Paranormal Activity" thread. Yet another thread to add to the incredible explosion of "Paranormal activity in my home" threads, co-incidentally ever since the blockbuster film "Paranormal Activity" was released.

Seriously, I'm not doubting that people have experienced weird things before, and I'm not saying that you are lying either. I simply cannot take a single one of these threads seriously, due to the mass sudden influx of these stories that are coming in hand in hand with the film release...

I know what people are like. If there had been a film released about alien abductions and some guy setting a camera up to try and capture it, there would be a massive influx of stories about "I have been experiencing alien abductions".

If this kind if thing is really happening to you, and your not just blatantly making it up, please try and provide some evidence to go along with your story. Maybe some photos of where it occured? Try and capture SOMETHING

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Holy Crap! For starters, why bother even reading the posts in the paranormal forum if you don't believe in the paranormal?, and why can't someone share their experiences with like minded people, without others constantly screaming for proof?

I happen to appreciate the poster sharing his story and no, I don't require him to show proof. Since when was it a requirement to have proof positive of paranormal activity before you could post in the paranormal forum?

To the OP: You've had quite a bit of activity in your life. I think I would be freaked out getting my face slap every night. What made it stop? Did you move?

I hope your son is healthy now.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schleprock
Holy Crap! For starters, why bother even reading the posts in the paranormal forum if you don't believe in the paranormal?, and why can't someone share their experiences with like minded people, without others constantly screaming for proof?

I happen to appreciate the poster sharing his story and no, I don't require him to show proof. Since when was it a requirement to have proof positive of paranormal activity before you could post in the paranormal forum?

To the OP: You've had quite a bit of activity in your life. I think I would be freaked out getting my face slap every night. What made it stop? Did you move?

I hope your son is healthy now.

Thank you for posting your point. You beat me to it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I would have to agree with Brilab45 without hard evidence we couldn't give you our two cents on what could be happening in your household, only if there was photographic or video of these hooded spirits being spotted that would be great. Hopefully all is going well with your son though. Good Luck finding your answers

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I u2u'd another member for the link on an excellent story she posted about a haunted hotel. When I hear from her, I will post you the link. It will help you understand how to post your story and gain credibility. Its a well written awsome story to model by... here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
1st Picture will be posted tonight. We've put up a few cameras and have digitals in a few rooms. We caught multiple pictures on of the digitals in my 2 year olds room. Being as he's had the most activity in his room we set up a digital on motion and caught sever pictures of a smokey lookung something. It appears to have a head and torso, because the camera didn't go any lower. I'll have them on about 10 pm central.

If you take offense to me posting my experiences without proof kindly just send me a PM telling me I'm full of beans. I want helpful insightful opinions. But just because you haven't seen something yourself doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And to respond to one poster, my great grandmother, grandmother, myself and my 2 sons are all sensitive.

Interestingly enough, my son went through a year of chemo and it was a rough run, but he's had 5 years of good health. TY for asking.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by DrJay1975]

[edit on 18-1-2010 by DrJay1975]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I want helpful insightful opinions. But just because you haven't seen something yourself doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Well said. Some on here are still waiting for the video of the battle of Waterloo. After all, if there's no video, it never happened...

Good luck to you. I hope everything works out for you.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
One other addition to the profile... I was dead for almost 2 minutes on 2 separate occasions as a child, the result of my father attempting to cure my seafood allergy.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schleprock
Holy Crap! For starters, why bother even reading the posts in the paranormal forum if you don't believe in the paranormal?

I think ghosts are real but I don't write everything strange off as a paranormal experience.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
That's not my line but... I expect people to be skeptical. But, rather than calling posts like this a flat out lie, which is insulting to the threadstarter who actually experienced this, admit the possibility that it is paranormal. Funny how people dismiss or accept something with no evidence either way. If someone would look at my post history, most of the time I provide a rational explanation for strange events. I've attempted to do this in my own home. I'm unable to rule out many of the events with natural causes. So rather than have someone call me a liar with no proof how about attempt to scientifficly debunk some of the events or offer paranormal soloutions as well. Thank you much.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Hey there DrJay,

I've stepped away from my thread to come and read yours ... so that I can calm down after trying to upload that damn photograph ... I sincerely hope you have more luck getting your images up than I have (still no joy).

Anyways ... deep breath ... and relax.

Yours is quite an amazing account.

Do you know if previous residents in all of your homes have also experienced activity ... or do you think it's because you're a sensitive that you pick it up wherever you are ?

Did you ever do any historical research into any of the places to see what has gone on in those locations before you lived there or even before the homes were built?

It sounds like your brother was right all along (hindsight is a wonderous thing) ... and he continues to look out for you.

I look forward to seeing the images (if the links work)

Woody

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
That's not my line but... I expect people to be skeptical. But, rather than calling posts like this a flat out lie, which is insulting to the threadstarter who actually experienced this, admit the possibility that it is paranormal. Funny how people dismiss or accept something with no evidence either way. If someone would look at my post history, most of the time I provide a rational explanation for strange events. I've attempted to do this in my own home. I'm unable to rule out many of the events with natural causes. So rather than have someone call me a liar with no proof how about attempt to scientifficly debunk some of the events or offer paranormal soloutions as well. Thank you much.

Well, I for one am looking forward to your future posts. I could care less if anyone thinks I'm a nut a job. Afterall, this is a place of anonyminity and to discuss these matters in a muture manner. Admittedly, I have an intense interest in the subject matter. However, I don't want the experiences anymore. How do you sleep night after night with all that happening? aAhhh! I'd be completely freaked out. I give you the benefit of the doubt obviously.

Edited to add star and flag for motivation and interest

[edit on 18-1-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Woodwytch, yes I did extensive historical research on all of the homes with one exception, a childhood residence that my mother researched. My parents were divorced and my mother bought a house on Woodland drive in franklin, VA. The house was cheap and after hearing screaming coming from the house my mother decided to research it. There was a young man who was dabbling in the dark arts who killed himself. My fathers home was placed on the former site of a cemetary. His home terrified me as a child until I was a teenager, I never slept at night, I dreaded hearing the star spangled banner on the tele as programming ended. The younger crowd won't know what that means. He was a complete nonbeliever but sold the house do to some incedent he's never spoken of. In college I dabbled in the occult my freshman year.

During college I explored the paranormal as part of my education in psychology. Saw some wild things.

As far as the farmhouse with my 1st wife, the previous owner shot himself and died.

My condo had no meaningful history, it was bought from a Phillipino family.

The house on Knotts Island was the site of countless civil war battles and formerly home to an indian tribe.

Our 1st home in new orleans, my wife's neighbor as a child formerly resided in that house. She died in the sunroom giving in to brain cancer. Her and her husband were practicioners of magick judging from some of the items in the home that he conveyed to us.

Our new home, well it has no history of consequence that I've been able to discover. The former tenants said they were just trying to make a buck and downsize.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I loved reading your story.

Being my first post I'll also share my experience, though it was not as nearly as eventful as yours..

I have no proof, just my story. It still feels very real just thinking about it.

Also I'd like to include that no alcohol/drugs were involved.

I woke up early in the A.M. to footsteps on my bed (visually seeing them, the moonlight illuminated on my bedsheets so it wasn't pure darkness). I was quite scared at the time because before I saw them I was lying on my side thinking my roommate was playing a joke on me and crawling on my bed to wake me up. Nope. Not only did I see the footsteps, I turned onto my other side and lay perfectly still and got to witness a presence lying down next to me seconds after the footsteps happened. Except it was leaning against me and I saw the large body shaped imprint in my bed where it had lay down next to me. All my hairs stood up on end and I was literally frozen in fear.

Still not weird? It had happened to my roommate on 2 separate occasions as well around the same time a few days apart from each other. We thought we were going mad and went so far as to ask our neighbor underneath our apartment if she noticed any strange happenings going on, which was a big "no", though I did notice a Pentagram necklace around her neck. Also, there had only been 2 previous renters before because the apartments were fairly new. To this day we still do not know and it never happened to us again after that..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join