It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crips and Bloods gangs agree to truce

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
www.rapnewsdirect.com

[Edited on 5/28/2004 by BasementAddix]

He kicked a cop...cops ARE allowed to ask for ID...especially when someone calls in a trespass...this group shows a total lack of respect for ALL authority...

[Edited on 5/28/2004 by BasementAddix]

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
again...

Dead Prez Star Arrested For Flight Disturbance

Hip-hop star Stic Man of Dead Prez was arrested Sunday on simple assault charges after allegedly causing a disturbance on a United Airlines flight.

The group was leaving Chicago's O'Hare Airport en route to New York City on the 1:50 pm flight.

A flight attendant claims they refused to turn off their radios. Harris 'D-Don' DeJesus and the group's DJ Umi Bem Nilampti were also arrested and charged with the same offense.

All are scheduled to appear in court on May 5.

www.jammin105.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Although assault is assault, and I don't condone it. No one mentioned how this group has dealt with harrassment for some years now. They were arrested a while back while trying to film a video, for which they had a permit. During this episode, several group members and staff on hand were treated unfairly, some even physically accosted. The great thing about the media, when it comes to situations like this, is they rarely ever have the entire story. Yet we (myself included) continue to post links to articles, as if it's the be all say all. Who knows what promted the kick (if there actually was one)? Maybe the cop "asked" to be kicked.

rap.about.com...

P.S. I tried your links Basement and the article is no longer there. I've read several other articles about this situation from Allhiphop.com, vh1.com, and a few other sites. None of them mention the "kick", but they say he was arrested for simple assault, along with two other men. 1 kick = 3 arrests? I think it was more of a "i'll show you" type deal, because they would'nt turn off their radios, and then wouldn't exit the plane.
edited to add link and to add post script

Assault on an officer is serious in most jurisdictions, so we'll see over time what happens.

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Freeworld_Esq.]

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by Freeworld_Esq.]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
1 arrest was for simple assault...the other 2 were for disorderly conduct...and i dont care what anyone says...if a cop asks you for id...99% of the time its for a reason....so just give it to them...dont be a dick and start mouthing off...Dead Prez is a group known for bringing media attention to themselves...because otherwise most people wouldnt know about them nor give two sh@ts about them....they dont want racial fairness nor equality as them sometimes claim...they want to get rid of white people...plain and simple...theres nothing wrong with being "pro-black"....but theres something def. wrong with being flat out racist....and if you do listen to their records like you say you do....then you'd know they were/are racist...

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Also...they claim that NYPD is racist and stopped them cause they were black...but do you know how many African Americans there are in Crown Heights?...ever been there?....thats bs in itself...and dont you find it a tad odd that the pictures of the shoot that defends them never were released?...come on now...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I find it funny that you should ask me if I've ever been to Crown Heights. I've been there plenty of times. I was born in Brownsville, BKKLYN and lived there many years. I've been all through Crown Heights, and i do know that it has been a trageted area for the city "clean-up" project. You know removal of street vendors, panhandlers, homeless and so forth. I also know that there is a very large Jewish community in that area. Smack dab in the middle. If this was near that part of Eastern Parkway, than you can bet cops will be present for one. And would be harassing for two.

I guess we shall agree that we disagree on this one.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Its not Harassing when youre asking someone for ID after a radio run in a high crime area...theres nothing wrong with "clean up"...do you expect them to "clean up" good areas?...that wouldnt make sense...stop hating on people for doing their job and a service to the public...Im still waiting for Dead Prez so called pictures...why arent they public?....

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Please, don't turn this thread into a bash DP thread. We should keep the positivity up and just hope this good news spreads to the West Coast, where we could use some news like that.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
sounds good...case closed on my part...

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
well, it's been a month now, I have not read, seen or heard anything about the gangs fighting eachother or anything else,

has anyone else found anything ?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I wanted to bring this back up...

it's been a few months now, nothing major to report on the "fighting" between the two gangs...

at least nothing that I could find... anyone else heard anything ?

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Dunno much about the truce thing, but the Bloods are still up to their scumbag ways. In N.J. they are trying to up the level of violence a bit. This article covers it a bit:

Gang unrest sparks alert for city cops
Threats from Bloods members, Newark shootings bring warning
Saturday, July 31, 2004
BY JONATHAN SCHUPPE AND BARRY CARTER
Star-Ledger Staff
State prison officials have sent a warning to a large number of New Jersey urban police forces, saying their officers could become targets of attacks by violent street gangs.

Department of Corrections investigators say the Bloods street gang is taking an "aggressive posture toward law enforcement" and has called for an "uprising" in New Jersey's largest cities and in the jails, according to internal documents distributed by prison officials to authorities around the state.[i/]

Here for the whole article:
www.nj.com.../base/news-16/1091250812225460.xml

[edit on 8/24/2004 by DiabolusFireDragon]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
First of all noone deserves to die ... even if they killed someone they still do not deserve to die. Althogh if someone killed my little sister or one of y loved ones they would die. But , everyone deserves a chance on living and everyone does something for a reason whether that reason be attention appetite for killing someone or something excited that thoguht untill it actually happens if you think about anything long enough, it will happen or will have some kind of effect on your life. So keep Positive Karma and try and help others out whenever possible if everyone did that then we would all be happy. But the truth behind the truth in MY OPINION is that someone there locally in that town has friends on the other side and they finally realized that its not worth it but what will end up happening is the bigger members from another town will come in and take care of that especially since it has been talked about enoguh for it to be brought to our attention I mean taht is thier lives what woudl they be if they were known for picking up the envirnment someone going to give them a Talk Show like Oprah ... NAh I don't think so ... and the things they sell is for them to survive and it has been happening forever and will not change unless we are all Living Communistic lifestyles where the government runs our lives tells us what we can eat and what we cannot and replicates the Egyptians systems of RULE ... Then we will be up for NWO and that is another post so ... I am off

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
First of all noone deserves to die ... even if they killed someone they still do not deserve to die. Althogh if someone killed my little sister or one of y loved ones they would die.

this is known as a double standard. do as i say, not as i do. its ok for you do to this but you dare tell others its not right for them to do it? uh try to at least APPEAR to be consistent even if you're not going to be, try to fool someone.

while im not big on this eye for an eye business i do feel on a certain level whatever it is you do that is so heinious that the moajority of society views you as nothing more than a scumbag you probably deserve whatever happens to you, whether dictated by law or meeted out by the hands of a vigilante. the only way i can look at it is from their eyes, if they dont care what happens to other or themselves why should i? maybe its "wrong" to think that but i cant make them care about what they do in this world, only they can and we have to react to such people in a way to prevent them from doing it again. after all it is THEIR actions that lead them to the consequences of the death penalty or a worse fate that can be found in a prison cell.

what i'm wondering is this; has any of these "gang members" ever botherd to question why their "leaders" give ordrs and do little else? they're no diffetrent than politicians that use soldiers like pawns in their own sick twisted game to have and keep power. while they rot in a prison cell for following whatever orders they were given their "leader" is still out there living life a free man doing as he spleases while they have all the time in the world to try and blame the cops or the white man or "the establishment" or whatever it is fashionable at the moment to blame for all the ill they have done to themselves. mindless pawns and they dont even know it.

what is it they hope to gain from this? longer prison sentences? more dead gang members? what is the point of this exactly? do they think entire police department and cities are just going to up and leave and let them take over? do they think police departments and regular citizens are going to simply allow them to sell drugs shoot people rob rape and kill people?

i try to give people a benefit of the doubt but i cant heads or tails of this. i cannot find any logical reason for any of this. these people are simply retarded.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
we'll see how long that lasts for

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I dont understand the few people on here completely disregarding gang members as human beings. A lot of people are born, or forced into gangs because of their environment. Just like how people are born or forced into religion. How can you hate someone for something they cant control? Some places,if your not in a gang,you will NOT make it out of the streets. I know that seems stupid,with as many gang members as there are dying every year,but you gotta understand,nobody "wants" to live like a thug. The whole object of hustlin, and sellin drugs and all that #,is to make it out of the hood. I dont care what anybody says,if your really from the hood,you know this. People dont enjoy murder (well a select few might) but the majority of gang related murders in this country are done because of natural human emotion,envy,vengeance, or even fear.

Not only all this,but how the # can you disregard gang members as people,when the bloods and the crips havent killed nearly as many people as say...christianity. You remember the crusades? All the people killed in "god's name"? That # is more #ed up than gangs,and yall are sittin here arguing about the bloods in the crips,yall got bigger # to worry about,more than like 50% of this country believes in a religion that has been used for centuries to control people.

Yall have way bigger problems than the bloods and crips. So let them do what they do,deal with your own problems. Half the people commenting on here, have probably never seen a real #in gang member. I'm sorry,but yall piss me off with your ignorance.

PS. If people in the united states were half as united as gangs were, it wouldnt be as #ed up as it. There will never be change without unity, and right now, all yall are too worried about Obama and Mccain than dealin with the real issues. No matter who gets elected, there is a need for revolution,and thats the #in truth

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I a very optimisic person, I really really hope that this continues with these guys.

Even if they don't quit selling the drugs, just the thought that they will see eachother on the street and not start shooting, I think that's great.

The nuteral territories is also a good thing, especially since schools and churches are now "nuetral", maybe some kids will not see the gang violence and end up in that lifestyle.

Agreed, but real gangs get screwed for drugs any day of the week. Shooting will happen based on the trade alone.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I can't see this lasting long.

There was a cease-fire here in Manchester (UK) in the mid nineties. It didn't take long till some gang members (I think it was the Gooch) realised it would be a good time to get rid of some of their rivals that they have a beef with (the rivals were the Doddies) and went out to shoot a couple. It all kicked off again after that, worse than before.

I have a feeling that something similar will happen. These gangs are still going to bear grudges and it will only take one group seeing a rival selling to one of their customers or being in their territory for something to go off.

OK, some gang members are extremely intelligent people but others are very disturbed, violent kids.

Good luck Newark, anyway!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
guess they dont have a chance if they dont combine forces when ms13 and 18 roam wildly around ,

just a thought

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join