It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanjay Gupta stays behind for patiences or did he?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
CNN reported that Dr. Gupta decided to stay behind after CNN says the U.N. ordered everybody to leave. The U.N. denies it, why? I'll tell you why.

All of these high level reporters like Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Anderson I like it in the pooper Cooper, FOX's and NBC's reporters have a detail of U.N. troops for security!

I see them around them all the time for good reason. The detail around Gupta would have got on their radio's and phoned their superior's and asked if they needed to leave, making Gupta look like a hero.

Today the U.N. denies it and CNN say's they made a mistake and is looking into who ordered those people to just get out of the shot OH sorry leave. What a crock of poopy poopy! there is no low they'll go!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If the UN denies it then he didn't. Weigh the two and I find the UN to be of much higher regard than CNN as one is entertainment while the other keeps the world from chaos.

Additionally I would like to raise doubt on whether or not "Dr." Sanjay Gupta is even a medical doctor. You can be a Dr. of many, many, many things while still maintaining little-to-no medical expertise. Considering he works for CNN I imagine he has a doctorate related to political science.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Oh and another little tid bit here. Today Bush and Clinton set up a fund called www.clintonbushhaitia.org. When bush gets on the mic he say's '' dont send blankets don't send water just send your cash to people who will spend it the most effective ''

I almost died of laughter and I'm on my 2nd beer waiting for the saints to win!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Actually he is one of the best neurosurgeons around. Look it up.

And oddly enough, I consider any media agency to have more credibility than the UN, the protectors and promoters of chaos and destruction.

However I find it bizarre that the UN and CNN are not totally on the same page here, which goes against the grain.

However, I am open to new information that can show me a different story. So please if you seek to build a case do so, but use more information and facts.

Spend 30minutes trying to put together a good case. And then I will gladly consider it as totally viable.

But as things stand right now, I cannot condemn the Dr as he actually helped someone.In contrast, the posters here criticizing him did not help a damn person!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Jodi411:

I believe it due to the fact that the
UN is a bunch of cowards who can
no longer fulfill their primary mandate.

Also, Sanjay Gupta is a Medical Doctor
actually a neurosurgeon. In the beginning
of the Iraq war he did emergency surgery
on a US soldier because the nearest
neurosurgeon was in another country.

It was actually pretty cool. The soldier
was hit in the head by a massive piece
of shrapnel. His brain was exposed and
their was no sterile material to cover it.
Gupta cut open an IV bag and sewed
it inside out over the soldiers wound.
No one thought he would live, but he is
walking and talking.

Gupta also did emergency surgery on an
Iraqi girl who was pretty badly wounded.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
He is a Doctor first and journalist second right. But what happened with the UN and all the other nurse's and doctor's with him at the time, that whole place would have been surrounded by UN troops. It was so staged so bad they can't do it right anymore. It makes me lose some interest at times.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanLA123

Can you post a source of the information, please. . .

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I looked for a video there is none.

So I would go to www.cnn.com and find it there!

Trust me it's there.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
More on the news about the makeshft hospital.

Security concerns cause doctors to leave hospital, quake victims

Port-au-Prince, Haiti (CNN) -- Earthquake victims, writhing in pain and grasping at life, watched doctors and nurses walk away from a field hospital Friday night after United Nations officials ordered a medical team to evacuate the area out of security concerns, CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Sanjay Gupta reported.

U.N. spokesman Martin Nesirky said Saturday that the world body's mission in Haiti did not order any medical team to leave the Port-au-Prince field hospital. If the team left, it was at the request of their own organizations, he told CNN.

Gupta assessed the needs of the 25 patients, but there was little he could do without supplies. And more people, some in critical condition, were trickling in.

Gupta monitored patients' vital signs, administered painkillers and continued intravenous drips. He stabilized three new patients in critical condition.

"I've never been in a situation like this. This is quite ridiculous," Gupta said.

Dr. Gupta stayed all night with the patients and this the truth.

More today on that particular story.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So the news now are that Lt. Gen Russel Honore,. right now live in CNN telling how he got in contact with higher authorities to find out who order the evacuation.

So far UN denies it, even when the news shows the convoy of UN trucks transferring the medical team.

So at the end nobody now wants to take the responsibility and the truth is that Dr. Gupta did stay all night taking care of the patients and stabilized more.

And that is what happen.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If I'm wrong I'm wrong.

I just love adding alittle spice to a good conversation room.

wether it is the UN or CNN lying, neither would suprise me at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanLA123

Is OK to spice, but remember that is people like me that will dig out the real story be nice or bad looking for the truth.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanLA123

Anderson I like it in the pooper Cooper,

How does his sexuality have anything to do with his job performance.

And why did you express it in such a rude way ?

My guess is that you're single, can't find love, and are insecure with yourself.
My bet is you have a zip code that starts with 700.. white trash.

I'll be making that assumption every time I read one of your posts, how does it feel ?

Back to topic though:

It's TV dude, and they do whatever they need to do to get ratings.
I wasn't there so I don't know what actually happened, but I do know that we need people on the ground reporting to the rest of the world what is happening. The reports getting out spur the rest of the world to contribute relief to those that need it.

Dr. Gupta is doing both his job as a reporter for those that cut his paycheck, but he is also helping as a doctor where he can with what he has.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
HUH, If your that assuming that he is gay I honestly did not know that. I was taking a little shot there, I have nothing on gay people at all.

My apologies. Anderson Cooper has bigger things to worry about than what I honestly think.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgrup
Jodi411:

I believe it due to the fact that the
UN is a bunch of cowards who can
no longer fulfill their primary mandate.

Also, Sanjay Gupta is a Medical Doctor
actually a neurosurgeon.

You must be pretty high on the pedestal to call the UN a bunch of cowards. I imagine you don't understand the role they serve and instead hide behind a shield while throwing dirt on their name. Don't feel bad this is where many conspiracy theorists choose to stand.

I know little to nothing of Dr. Sanjay Gupta's credentials besides the junk that files wikipedia. I do know that he spends the majority of his time behind the news desk and cashing paychecks. I've got nothing against the guy but if I had to choose the UN vs. CNN I am siding with the UN. Especially on such an unbiased non-political topic.

CNN is the only one that can benefit from this by saying he did stay. Ratings ahoy!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedi411

He is from my state in GA.

www.vitals.com...

Dr. Gupta was educated at the following institutions:
Medical School
University of Michigan Medical School
Completed: 1993
Top 25%
Ranked #12 out of 144 in primary care by US News & World Report.
Ranked #11 out of 144 in research quality by US News & World Report.

Residencies
Univ Of Mi Hosps & Hlth Ctrs
Neurological Surgery, Completed: 1994

University of Michigan Hospital
Completed: 2000
Top 25%

Fellowship
University of Tennessee Bowld Hosptial
Completed: 2001

Awards & Distinctions Special
Standing?
Patients' Choice Award, 2008
Awards:
ANGELL SCHOLAR, UNIV OF MI
GALENS MEDICAL HONOR SOCIETY, UNIV OF MI MED SCHL
MEMBER, PHI BETA KAPPA
OUTSTANDING RESIDENT TEACHING AWARD, BRONZE BEEPER SOC
STUDENT RESEARCH AWARD, NATL INST OF HEALTH

Appointments:
UNIV OF MICHIGAN
CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR/NEUROSURGERY
Emory University
Assistant Professor, Department of Neurosurgery
Grady Memorial Hospital
Associate Chief of Neurosurgery

Languages Available:
HINDI, Hindi, SPANISH, Spanish

Biography & Background:
Sanjay Gupta is an American physician and a contributing CNN chief health correspondent based in Atlanta, Georgia.

An assistant professor of neurosurgery at Emory University School of Medicine and associate chief of the neurosurgery service at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, he is also a frequent guest on the news program Anderson Cooper 360. "Charity Hospital" won a 2006 Emmy Award for Outstanding Feature Story in a Regularly Scheduled Newscast.

From 1997 to 1998, he served as one of fifteen White House Fellows, primarily as an advisor to Hillary Clinton.

Gupta currently publishes a column in TIME magazine. He is also host of House Call with Dr Sanjay Gupta.

His book Chasing Life was a New York Times and National bestseller. As of January 2009,

He has been offered the position of Surgeon General of the United States in the incoming administration of President-elect Barack Obama.

He politely said, no.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thank you marg! I always appreciate a good fact filled post.

He is clearly top notch intelligent and I have no doubt a great physician.

I would like to formally shun the mix of medical practice, government, and news outlets. What's the need to combine these unless you got your hands in some back-alley deals?

He portrays himself well, did well in school, obviously a great physician.. If I were him I would spend my life helping people not cashing non-medical related checks.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedi411

I understand you point, but this is America, we are after all a capitalistic nation, he has done good for himself and I guess he likes journalism and can balance both careers.

new topics

top topics

join