It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Haitians Bring A New Wave Of Pestilence To The U.S.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Will Haitians Bring A New Wave Of Pestilence To The U.S.?
The horrific tragedy in the earthquake devastated country of Haiti opens a Pandora’s box of exposure to the rescuers.
According to U.S. Aid www.usaid.gov...
Haiti has the largest population per capita in the Caribbean and Latin America of HIV and Tuberculosis. There have been 29,333 new cases of TB this year alone and almost 7,000 deaths to TB in 2007. The rescue workers, as seen on NBC, CBS, CNN and FOX News, are not wearing TB respirators. These are the worlds First Responders and front line defense to disasters.
Now President Obama will be allowing the wounded to be flown to Miami Florida.
www.miamiherald.com...
The US military presence, as well as the NATO forces will be exposed to this nefarious disease. This could be the beginning of the next pandemic of TB/HIV.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Should we not bring the wounded to our better equipped hospitals?
Or should we let them deal with it?

This country is all ready sick on many different levels, one being denial.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JahKinG SouLJaH

Using Universal Precautions would be a start. The disease will be rampant and the rescue workers will become infected. The Hotel Gitmo would be a good start, however there is a severe logistical problem with that. A safe answer would be to rebuild, and the Haitians are already doing that themselves. Much to their credit!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You bring a very good point.

I hope EVERYONE brought back will be given healthcare to ensure nothing like this spreads...

Would defeat any purpose we had if we ended up just hurting ourselves.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
You bring a very good point.

I hope EVERYONE brought back will be given healthcare to ensure nothing like this spreads...

Would defeat any purpose we had if we ended up just hurting ourselves.

Thank you.

If you find my OP intriguing. please star and flag

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
IMO they will bring biologically engineered zombism to the mainland causing a Zombie Epidemic
oh and they can use Flarda as a test-lab by sealing it off at the panhandle.. not allowing anyone to escape.. see how American culture deals with the outbreak.. glean the data from that specific situation...
then let it loose on the public.. that's what i see is in store for us...
god save us all hey just kidding
about the god part..

you heard it here first.

-

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
IMO they will bring biologically engineered zombism to the mainland causing a Zombie Epidemic

you heard it here first.

-

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
oh and they can use Flarda as a test-lab by sealing it off at the panhandle.. not allowing anyone to escape.. see how American culture deals with the outbreak.. glean the data from that specific situation...
then let it loose on the public.. that's what i see is in store for us...
god save us all hey just kidding
about the god part..

you heard it here first.

-

Hey now, I live in Flarda and I'll be damned if some Haitian Zombies are going to get me. I know plenty of people that have weapons and they know people that have weapons and so on. Plus we have multiple military bases including the Avon Park bombing range that houses one of the largest ammo caches in Florida. Also, this wouldn't relate to that Zombie Moon Solar eclipse that happened would it?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Is this really what you are thinking about with this massive tragedy at hand??

disgusting...

[edit on 17-1-2010 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Oh sure they'll be fed ACORNS and they'll vote for Obama. This is another Demo-scam for sure. I don't think we should bring those people here. They messed up their own country. Let them stay there and figure it out.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Stupidity always leads to a chain of events even more stupid than the initial action.

Bringing the Haitians to Florida is going to kill many many Americans...

From disease, to Violence... your dumping Tens of thousands of people poor, disenfranchised and already having lived in an extremely violent society to the states...

Most of course will simply and deservedly be saved...

but you'll be looking at a few thousand criminals of a violent nature and a few thousand people infected by Hiv or Tb...

almost certainly among them a small handful from that environment will be carrying the drug resistant strain... that will kill thousands and thousands of us

What they need to do is start emptying Gitmo immediately

and use that locale as a giant hospital...

But do they THINK

No

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
...really?

No, seriously?

Ugh. The stupid is so thick I can't even swing a fist in here.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Wow, this is silly. Xenophobia, anyone?

Yes, Obama did say that some of the wounded will be brought to the US.

Heres the thing though: The U.S. anti-immigration policy towards Haitians is pretty much the strongest we have. When Cubans float up to our shores on rickety little boats, we accept them a lot of the time. When Haitians float to our shores on rickety little boats, we turn them around and send them on their way, every time. If we dont turn them around, we arrest them and send them to one of the many secret detention camps in Miami and then they are sent back. Look in to the U.S. / Haitian immigration policy.

Plain and simple, Haitians are not allowed to stay in this country in the way that many people are apparently assuming, our strictest immigration standards are reserved for them.

As far as things are going now, you can rest assured that the Haitians brought here for healthcare will not be staying.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Did Katrina survivors and the death caused pestilence in the US? you know while a valid issue I think you don't have a clue of the reason why Cuba are accepted more than Haitians, Jamaicans and Dominicans.

It has to do with politics my friends no diseases.

top topics

join