It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something about Haiti that you need to know about

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Haiti has been systematically torn down by Western (more specifically, white people) forces for over half a millennium.

The first were the Spanish who claimed it and eradicated the natives. Then they imported slaves from all over Africa making the colony predominantly black and mixed. French pirates settled in Haiti and eventually the French acquired the actual "Haiti" side of the island.

Three foreign parties were involved during L'Ouverture's rebellion: The Americans, the French, and the British. They hated each other. However, they all had one similar and important goal.

They wanted to undermine the black race for the reason that they all owned slaves.

They wanted to demonstrate to the world that black people can never operate and build a nation.

The US had the hardest time recognizing Haiti as a nation because slavery was still predominant throughout the US. They worried that their own slaves would rebel and kill tens of thousands of whites. The British emancipated their slaves, however, colored people were still treated as less than human throughout the empire where the sun never sets.

To this day I still wonder if the true intent of the exploitations of Africa, Central America, Asia, and South America are to undermine "colored" people. No where do you see white people living as miserably as those people who have been raped by multinational corporations and governments.

Haiti, like other nations still being *Snip* by neocolonialism, will NEVER get better as long as racism persists in the minds of the elites.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/17/2010 by semperfortis]

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
uuuuaaahhhh, where do I start?
You rant on about how the poor Haitians have been abused, as well as the rest of the world, by the evil white man!
Has the usurping white man contributed anything good in your world of Caucasianphobia?
Give us a solution to your problem, or, do you just want to propagate hatred to the Caucasian race. Which brings me to question your racist OP.
Perhaps you are desiring a Czar position in the current Obamanation.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is not a conspiracy.

No one liner.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/17/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I am sorry .. but it is not the OP Fault's The Oppressors .. The Colonists .. The Evil Imperialists scumbags were white

It has nothing to do with race .. it has everything to do with Evil ideology ..

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Polynomial C]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

What you speak is the truth. I have an existing thread here

The Haitians have been exploited and forgotten. Well, except for their debt for their freedom, that has not been forgotten. They were the only slaves that had to pay for their "freedom" eating up 80% of their budget and that was AFTER France lowered the reparations by half or so. Some freedom.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
To this day I still wonder if the true intent of the exploitations of Africa, Central America, Asia, and South America are to undermine "colored" people. No where do you see white people living as miserably as those people who have been raped by multinational corporations and governments.

The true intent of exploitations is money and greed. There was no grand sociological "undermining" plan looking ahead 500 years. Slaves were purchased from their fellow Africans who captured them for sale. They were bought and brought to the colonies of Spain, France, and England to provide low cost labor.
Slavery was not invented by any one race and is immeasurably old. The Africans used slaves, the Egyptians used slaves, the Persians used slaves, the Greeks used slaves, the Romans used slaves, and just about everyone else used slaves. Iceland, famous for its Democratic Althing, was populated by more slaves than free men. The Vikings raids were not for gold, but for slaves. Sold on the block in the northern slave markets, blue eyed blonds fetched a good price in Constantinople. At the time, the Vikings were the biggest slavers around. No Africans were involved in their trade.
The idea that slavery only involved Africans and was invented by the European colonials specifically for the Americas is not correct. That it was designed as an "undermining" method as part of a long term plan by unknown planners is substantially lacking.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

That is a pretty good historical summary on Haiti.
I was reading through it these last few days and one thing that caught my attention was Germans had a time with the Island. They were investing their, money
It was brought to the attention of the us president by some new york bankers. Then the us stepped in with money.
It is strange how so much money has been poured into the place for a long time and still ain't happening.
Now I would suggest that the HAARP system is better than we think and responsible for things like "so called natural disasters"
Why is it When bankers are presumed to be in trouble they can be bailed out. Haiti gets no bail out but they lay it on the people to take care of.
Thes politicians are just front men for the money elite.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't doubt what the OP says, and racism against the black peoples is as evil as any racism.

But we, when we talk about racism and slavery must balance it with other facts. Just one, to start with.

In the last one thousand years, just from the British Isles, approximately 1 million men women and children have been abducted as slaves. This is historical fact and no conspiracy theory.

And yet, it is NEVER mentioned in schools and rarely in history books simply because these slaves were WHITE!

There is a growing hatred against the white race and it is manufactered by false and one sided history which is slowly destroying our belief in eachother.

A lot of the history we are taught is plain and out right lies, designed to engender hatred.

The caucasions are as much victims of these lies as any other race and we need to look to who is manipulating the past in order to manipulate the future!

The first thing we need to hate is LIES!

We must always search for the other side of the story.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
White people ruined the poor haitians? Maybe just maybe the black culture has some real issues going on and before you scream racism it has nothing to do with skin color.

Almost every country that is run by blacks and the main population is black is right on the edge of chaos. I think they have large cultural issues that seem to cross cultural lines even within their own race. A perfect example is ball players here in the US they have everything but still thirst for a life right on the edge?

And I know other races do it to but not to the same extreme something is up once you take off the politically correct tinted glasses you can see a pattern. But I truly believe until the black race looks at these issues it will business as usual and when the chips are down they seem to turn on each other on a dimes edge.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

To the OP, i gave you a star and flag! People don't realize that Haiti isn't allowed to prosper, just stagnate.

As for my response...LOL why am i not surprised that out of all of the posts in this thread this ignorant (and i do mean ignorant) post gets the stars? Neocolonialism is all about exploitation. Name all cultures or groups that the Europeans came across and pushed their colonialism on that is actually doing better since their arrival and THAT WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS. I mean really...why do you think both the Chinese and Japanese closed their borders eh? Damn i guess ignorance is bliss.

It seems to me that some white people really can't fantom and understand what our predecessors did, why, and how they benefited from it. To people like Violater1, they really need to pick up some history books and read up on institutionalized American slavery.

As for pteridine, yes the Africans had slaves but it was a totally different system, read up on it. Everyone had slaves back in the day no one is denying that. The Egyptians, Persians, and Greeks didn't enslave a whole ethnic group because of skin color or because they needed cheap labor to work their agriculture fields like the Europeans did, nor did they use slavery to revive their economy...that's why Britain got back into it.

As for Elliot, i agree with you chief. Not all of it but in principle.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iddyohtay

Why is it When bankers are presumed to be in trouble they can be bailed out. Haiti gets no bail out but they lay it on the people to take care of.
Thes politicians are just front men for the money elite.

Haiti gets no bailout??? isn't Obama sending them 100 billion? That's money that the american people will have to come up with for generations to come, money that would better be put to use in creating real job solutions, or bailing out the failing state economies. I don't see france, or the vatican, or any other country ponying up billions to bail out a crushed 3rd world country. Port Au Prince was a cesspool or crime and violence before the earthquake, and will likely return to the same after the earthquake damage has been repaired, and the 100 billion spent.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Almost every country that is run by blacks and the main population is black is right on the edge of chaos. I think they have large cultural issues that seem to cross cultural lines even within their own race. A perfect example is ball players here in the US they have everything but still thirst for a life right on the edge?

What? That's a cultural economic issue. That's like me using those Enron execs and wall street bankers to ask why do white men with all the money scheme to steal everyone elses money, i guess THEY like to live on the edge too.

Bah, i need to fall back, i'm starting to get heated over here,

Wow, you really don't know anything do you? Like all countries ran by white people are hunky dorey! Damn, then i guess Russia and all those European countries are running so smoothly that the current global recession isn't affecting them nor do they suffer from common social problems that people of ALL countries face? Wow, where would the world be without the insight, wisdom, and grace that only the white man has?

Keep these ignorant posts coming people..you haven't surprised me yet!

FYI: As a Black American, it really hurts my national pride when more foreigners get it than actual Americans.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by cenpuppie]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

sounds like you have a serious case of white guilt.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
And also you can hardly say the US is run by white people it is a mix this is our greatest strength believe it our not. My post was about cultural issues with the black race.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

It has everything to do with cultural economics you you (i won't result to name calling, unlike you). Why don't you use google sometime and read up on the economic backgrounds of those NBA stars that love to "Live on the edge". Don't worry i can wait.

So when someone disagrees with you you just result to name calling eh? Good job chief...

And also you can hardly say the US is run by white people it is a mix this is our greatest strength believe it our not. My post was about cultural issues with the black race.

Ahh and so the truth comes out finally. Now i know where those comments came from *gives a long sigh*

[edit on 16-1-2010 by cenpuppie]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Prior to Christopher Columbus stumbling upon this Caribbean Island there was no recorded history. It is true, and recorded by the very "white men" the O.P. makes an undeniable effort to point out, that once arriving on this island it was shortly after that the indigenous people, known alternately as Taino or Arawakan, suffered near extinction, by what is commonly accepted as a lack of immunity to Old World diseases brought over by the Spanish colonists.

Before Columbus had claimed this island in the name of the Spanish crown it was referred to by its inhabitants as Ayiti, Bohio, or Kiskeya. Columbus renamed it La Isla Espanola otherwise known as The Spanish Island. This was in 1493, but by 1520 Spanish interests in this island were diminished for the more compelling riches of gold and silver found in South America and Mexico.

Pirates from the British, French and Dutch countries soon took control of this island, as the indigenous population grew slowly and Spanish colonists made many strategic mistakes as a reaction to the pirates. The villainy of Columbus and his attitudes toward indigenous people is well documented, as well as the ambitions for building empires of European countries that goes well back to Alexander the Great and before. Of course, "white male" European's were not the only men who engaged in these ambitions of empire building.

Before the Athenian and Roman Empires, examples of "white men", there were the Egyptian, Notre Chico, Indus Valley, Akkadian, Babylonian, Ancient Chinese, Hittite, Assyrian, Persian and Carthaginian Empires, who were not the "white men" the O.P. endeavors to single out. Empire building comes with its own villainy and "white men" don't hold any monopoly on the evils of humanity.

In terms of the suppression imposed upon Haiti by European colonists this is well documented and no one reasonably denies it. However, it should be made clear that Haiti is the world's oldest "black" republic and the second oldest republic in the entire Western Hemisphere. While the U.S. did not officially recognize Haiti until 1862, and indeed, that recognition was held back due to the efforts made by the Southern slave states of the U.S., it was also due to the efforts, of Senator Charles Sumner, who was famously anti-slavery, their independence was recognized.

While this thread is about Haiti, the O.P. did make an effort to single out "white males" as being the scourge of Haiti, it should be noted that these "white males", at least those of the U.S., are constantly lumped in with "white males" who fought earnestly, passionately and with strong conviction against crimes such as slavery and the abrogations and derogation's of the rights of all people regardless of their race.

This republic established by the Haitians came with a constitution established in 1804 that, among other things, established freedom of religion in a clear repudiation to the tyranny of the Catholic church, declared all citizen's "black" regardless of their skin color in an attempt to reverse the hierarchy where "white" people had previously ruled at the top, and forbade "white" people to own property or establish domain upon Haitian soil.

This constitution was authorized by the Haitian General Jean-Jacques Dessalines who was a leader in the Haitian Revolution that led to their independence. He did, however, declare himself Emperor of Haiti and imposed an autocratic styled government upon the people of Haiti. He was eventually assassinated by his own advisers, Henri Christophe and Alexandre Petion in 1806. These two assassins then divided Haiti into two rival governments. Chirstophe was responsible for authoritarian State of Haiti where he attempted to impose a strict and brutal system of agriculture similar to the plantations of the Southern States in the U.S. and over labor in general. Petion, on the other hand, was instrumental in establishing the Republic of Haiti in the South. Tragically, it was Chirstophe's semi slave state that produced the more stable economy of the two state solution.

While the state founded by Petion was one of the more liberal and tolerant governments ever to exist in Haiti, it was also constantly on the brink of bankruptcy which brought with that its own political chaos. Petion was also a key ally and supporter of Simon Bolivar, the South American revolutionary responsible for helping South America gain its own independence. Petion gave Bolivar asylum when he needed it, and supplied his army with soldiers and other support. Despite these noble acts, Petion finally gave in to despotism himself, after years of fighting with the senate of this Southern state, suspending the legislature and declared himself president for life, which was short lived as he died of yellow fever soon after.

By 1811 Christophe had declared himself King Henri I and emulated the very "white" European monarchs the O.P. clearly reviles. Christophe wound up committing suicide in 1820 rather than face the coup de tat by a populace tired of his authoritarian regime and it was Petion's successor, Jean Pierre Boyer who finally united the divided Haiti into one country. Boyer, however, was not above empire building himself, and in 1822 occupied Santo Domingo an island that had declared independence from Spain in 1821. The government Boyer had established was known for its iron fist rule, and because of this there are still deep resentments between people from the Dominican Republic and Haiti.

Even so, Boyer had orchestrated the single largest free black immigration policy in history, aiding as much as 6000 black people from the U.S. in immigrating to Haiti and helping them to settle in various parts of Haiti. Due to political debts, primarily with France, Boyer faced difficult political and financial struggles and attempted to impose what is known as the Code Rural, which was an effort of forced labor not willingly accepted by veterans of a revolution fought to escape such tyranny. For this reason, the exportation of sugar became virtually non existent and the economy came to rely more upon the exportation of coffee that required less cultivation and can grow in a semi-wild state.

The political struggles of Haiti continued as Charles Riviere-Herard overthrew Boyer's regime in 1843, and this was followed by a series of presidents transient in political nature until General Faustin Soulouque, a former slave, and it should be noted at this point that their obvious French names should not be confused for European "white males", first became president but soon declared himself Emperor Faustin I. Faustin also ruled with an iron fist until he was disposed by General Fabre Geffrad who also went by the name of the Duke of Tabara.

It wasn't until the election of Michel Domingue that a more feasible government and constitution was worked out, and by 1879 under the leadership of Domingue, Haiti was finally able to pay off its debt to France and what followed was a time of prosperity and cultural renaissance.

It was that constitutional government established in 1867, that allowed Haiti to finally experience a time of relative peace and prosperity with much progress in stabilizing the economy and political faith of the government by the Haitian people. For a time, the development of sugar and rum industries in Haiti were considered to be models of economic growth in Latin America.

By 1911 the stability had come to an abrupt end with yet another revolution that led to foreign interventions, which is a history in scope too grand to cover in the space that is left, but the point of the history related in this post is to counter the obvious myopic history lesson offered by the O.P. and to stress that while "white males" no doubt engaged in villainies perpetuated upon the Haitian people, so too did Haitians engage in this villainy as well, all too willing to enslave their very own people in the name of ambition and wealth.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

I love it you insult me and then have the nerve to cry when I return the favor to you. You bleeding heart progressives are hard to argue with because the world you live in is not one based in reality. You hurl insults and then cry when they are returned. Grow a spine words are not sticks and stones.

You claim it has everything to do with economics then please explain the super rich athletes to me or the elite blacks that run countries. You claim the white race has done it to these people I call bullsh*t every race has had to overcome obstacles why do the blacks have such troubles with it culturally? I will list some problems I see and I believe none of them have to do with the white race holding them down.

Over 70% percent of black homes are fatherless in America

Push for more rights than others affirmative action

Are the majority population in us jails

Idolize the gangster lifestyle

Only 51% of blacks graduate high school in the US

I believe the problems they have are all related to your way of thinking they never own up to the problems but push blame on others and progressives like you buy right into it. The reality is what you are doing is far worse than anything I have said you actually are holding them down and as long as they think this way will never as a culture overcome. It is a shame Martin Luther King died he had it right it. He even more than the founding fathers understood what America is truly about.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
As for pteridine, yes the Africans had slaves but it was a totally different system, read up on it. Everyone had slaves back in the day no one is denying that. The Egyptians, Persians, and Greeks didn't enslave a whole ethnic group because of skin color or because they needed cheap labor to work their agriculture fields like the Europeans did, nor did they use slavery to revive their economy...that's why Britain got back into it.

Different system? How was slavery not slavery? The Africans that had slaves were selling them to the American slave trade. Egyptians, Persians, and Greeks enslaved people because they conquered them and needed cheap labor. When the Greeks had slaves making their ships, they could afford floating tenons mortising the boards of the hull together. This made the ships much more resistant to torque from heavy seas opening the joints and made them more likely to survive storms. Cheap labor was not necessary for agriculture but came in handy in the shipyards.
Note that the "whole ethnic group" was not enslaved. The slave sellers were also of that "ethnic group." When the Vikings were enslaving early inhabitants of the British Isles, they were also slave sellers of the "same ethnic group." Based on your argument, the Vikings enslaved a "whole ethnic group," also.
How was it different, again?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join