It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you think Gog and Magog are?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

The Great Wall of China was built to keep out Magog. Built by China. Magog would be Mogolians fighting China. Just because they have a Aribic name for the Great Wall of China doesn't mean Arabians had a damn thing to do with it. They simply had a name for it. And the Mogolians were Southern Russia at the time.

Originally posted by JBA2848
I would have to think it would be Asia. Magog or Mongolians that terrorized that part of the world. Gog im not to sure about.

Arabic language the Great Wall of China is called "the wall of Al Magog" because the Great Wall was built to keep out the invading armies from Magog.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

- but are allowed to infiltrate Islamic lands at the end of the days. -

Based on this I would have to say Gog represents the president of the United States because presidents have connections to the shadow governemnts, and Magog represents NATO or US military because NATO and US are the corrupted ones.

- but don't actually come to war against Islam until just prior to Judgment day, when they will come from all sides. -

We are not considering our current wars in the middl east as war on Islam but I believe it is, and we will vote in a president that will be vary war hungry in the enar future who will finally call it what it is, a war on Islam.

- So I believe that Gog an Magog are already here ate this current time, and the prophecy has already come to pass... Just nobody really noticed it. -

I believe Gog has already arrived on the scene for presidency or will do so soon. He/she will already be a member of secret organisations.

- I think we very well may be living in the End Days. -

I do not believe that it is the end of days but just the end of this current world, our state of mind and consciousness. Not everybody will die but our world will change forever.

- What does everybody else think? -

I would also highly recommend looking at this site which helps reaffirm my statements. www.welcomehome.org...

Sorry if my quoting is wrong I do not know how to seperate quotes from my statements. I put - - between Seattle Truth's statements.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by seattletruth]

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Misoir]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

So I believe that Gog an Magog are already here ate this current time, and the prophecy has already come to pass... Just nobody really noticed it.

I think they were people who lived before the flood who will be part of the second resurrection of Revelation. They will lead an attack on the holy city, the new Jerusalem that comes down from heaven and is planted on earth.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I have noted an association of the place Magog, and the Mongol peoples, which I am having difficulties understanding.

As I earlier noted, my personal view is God was speaking of Russia in respects to Magog. This aside, I do not know how the connection becomes the Mongol.

Now do not misunderstand.

I believe the Mongol peoples, have a rich and noted history.

1: They had always been the Best Warriors and Best Equiped Field Unit in context to the adversaries they faced.

2: They made use of the Wild Horse, and utilized this mode of transport, likely earlier than any other peoples.

3: They have, through their leadership, led a Nomadic Life, which was based in the Steppes Region, and from this area, they may have infact RULED MORE OF THIS PLANET at one time, than ANY other Historical Peoples under the Leadership of the Greatest Historical Figures. ie Alexander the Great for one.

But I also believe the Mongol, are known under several names, and through a search in the past, I believe these peoples are decendants of Attlia the Hun, and the Great Khans. It was an interesting thing to find, but it was in some attempt to actually present a premise that the Decendants of CAIN, (Yes, the Cain and Abel CAIN) are still on this planet and to reinforce the message GOD had for the Seven Churches in the book of John, The Revelator.

Yes, it was in this section of Revelations that only two of the seven churches recieved any form of praise by GOD, inlight of the teachings they still maintained. That teaching was of the Cainite. (Decendants of CAIN and of their father SATAN)

It would never have been noted, if it was not an important thing for the Church to Address, and specifically at these time, it is more important than it ever has been seeing that we live in the time of the Parable of the Fig Tree, and have in essence, ISRAEL reborn. The Cainite is refered to as those claiming to be Jews but are of Satan. Now more than ever, this is critical to know.

It is for this reason, I suspect the Mongol Peoples are not Magog. They have their own history, and their own agendas, but I think their "Time" has passed. They maybe playing a part, THEIR PART, but this would be Politically DRIVEN in claiming to be JEWS and guiding ISRAEL through manipulation, apposed to outright warfare against Israel.

In case one wished, they could visit the following. There are alots of links and material available for review.

Satan and his Decendants

So, how is it we get the Mongol from Magog?

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Genesis 10 NIV
The Table of Nations
1 This is the account of Shem, Ham and Japheth, Noah's sons, who themselves had sons after the flood.

The Japhethites
2 The sons of Japheth: Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech and Tiras. 3 The sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz, Riphath and Togarmah. 4 The sons of Javan: Elishah, Tarshish, the Kittim and the Rodanim. 5 (From these the maritime peoples spread out into their territories by their clans within their nations, each with its own language.)

Ezekiel 38 NIV
1 The word of the LORD came to me: 2 "Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal; prophesy against him 3 and say: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army--your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5 Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, 6 also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops--the many nations with you."

Gog of Magog belongs to the line of Japhet (Europeans), and he is the prince of Tubal and Meshech.

According to The Hebrew lexicon of Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon:

Magog = "land of Gog" n pr m
1. the 2nd son of Japheth, grandson of Noah, and progenitor of several tribes northward from Israel n pr loc
2. the mountainous region between Cappadocia and Media and habitation of the descendants of Magog, son of Japheth and grandson of Noah

Now Cappadonia was a region to the North (present Turkey) of Israel, and Media would be the Medes to the East and SE (from present da Syria to Iran) of Israel. Now What lies between there? So would it thereby be safe to assume that Gog of Magog is a leader of the nation of Syria?

According to the Koran Dajjal who would be their equivalant to the False Prophet of Revelation starts off his career riding his white donkey towards Damascus, before he will try to enter Mecca. Dajjal is supposed to be one eyed, which may be allegorical of course.

[edit on 17/1/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Gog and Magog

These are intentionally vague references inserted into religious texts by people who wished to assure that their followers would fight to death rather than leave the fold against a predicted enemy much like the anti Christ stories...

Gog = you will not leave the fold of our religion

Magog = a sense placed in you as a child that other philosophies are out to get you.

Gog and Magog can be anywhere

The Antichrist is anyone that says differently

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
I'm interested in hearing different viewpoints on who people think Gog and Magog are referring to.

If you can please back your view up with some quotes from the Bible or Torah, that would be great.

Sorry, I don't know a whole lot about the Bible, I only really know Gog and Magog from the Quran, and they were only mentioned in 2 occasions.

But I believe that some of the Bible is true unaltered scripture, especially the Book of Revelations, so I'd like to hear more about the Bible.

These are the 2 occasions that Gog and Magog are mentioned in the Quran, and my interpretation of who they are, just based off my analysis.

[18:93] When he reached the valley between two palisades, he found people whose language was barely understandable.
[18:94] They said, "O Zul-Qarnain, Gog and Magog are corruptors of the earth. Can we pay you to create a barrier between us and them?"
[18:95] He said, "My Lord has given me great bounties. If you cooperate with me, I will build a dam between you and them.
[18:96] "Bring to me masses of iron." Once he filled the gap between the two palisades, he said, "Blow." Once it was red hot, he said, "Help me pour tar on top of it."
[18:97] Thus, they could not climb it, nor could they bore holes in it.
[18:98] He said, "This is mercy from my Lord. When the prophecy of my Lord comes to pass, He will cause the dam to crumble. The prophecy of my Lord is truth."
[18:99]And We left them till that day to surge like waves on one another. And the horn was blown so We gathered them together.

[21:95] It is forbidden for any community we had annihilated to return.
[21:96] Not until Gog and Magog reappear, will they then return - they will come from every direction.
[21:97] That is when the inevitable Day of Judgment will draw near, and the disbelievers will stare in horror: "Woe to us; we have been oblivious. Indeed, we have been wicked."

So I can come to 2 conclusions based off of this: Gog and Magog were 2 communities that had previously been banished from the Middle East / Asia minor, but are allowed to infiltrate Islamic lands at the end of the days.

These 2 communities have been the "biggest corruptors" on earth, but don't actually come to war against Islam until just prior to Judgment day, when they will come from all sides.

Personally I feel that Gog and Magog don't actually refer to 2 countries, they refer to "communities". Communities of corruptors. I believe these 2 communities have transcended the bounds of just one nation, they are now in control of almost all nations. I think it has to do with the the Illuminati and the Free Masons or something like that... Both were ancient communities that had been destroyed by the fall of the ancient Egyptian empire.

Basically I believe they were mostly destroyed when Pharaoh and his soldiers were drowned by the crashing of the sea after Moses had parted it. This didn't completely destroy the Masons / Illuminati, they eventually infiltrated Judaism and Christianity. But after Islam took over the middle east, they were mostly banished from the land. More recently the Wahabis became Free Masons, and that's why they were brought to power in Saudia Arabia, but still that had not truly penetrated the land, the Saudis are the ones calling the shots over there.

Now those 2 communities have control over the armies of every western nation (USA, Nato, Canada, Britain, Israel, etc) in the world, and the "dam has already been let loose". They are coming to the middle East and Asia Minor from every side. This is the first time in history that it's been like this, it can't just be a minor incident.

So I believe that Gog an Magog are already here ate this current time, and the prophecy has already come to pass... Just nobody really noticed it.

I think we very well may be living in the End Days.

What does everybody else think?

[edit on 16-1-2010 by seattletruth]

Google and their spin-off that comes later.

Also, that is George H.W. Bushes scull and bones nick name "Magog" and we all know Google was started with CIA money...

Peace

[edit on 17-1-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

Just wanted to drop this also:

H1463
גּוג
gôg
BDB Definition:
Gog = “mountain”
1) a Reubenite, son of Shemaiah
2) the prophetic prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal, and Magog
Part of Speech: noun proper masculine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: of uncertain derivation
Same Word by TWOT Number: 324

Where's Google base? Mountainview

Peace

[edit on 17-1-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Magog means Land of Gog and Gog means mountains. It is the name of a mountaineous area to the North and East of Israel. There is infact one such nation to the North and East of Israel, whose name means "Land of Mountains" and that is Georgia, and it even contains all the letters of Gog and an -ia tail meaning Land. It lies between Cappadonia and Media as prophesied. It's flag is more or less similar to the Jerusalem Cross, and it's coat of Arms seems to portrait st. George riding a white horse slaying a dragon beast with a spear sided by two lion headed leopards (a standing lion is a lion, one where all four touche the ground is a leopard, this leopard use a shield for support with his two front paws) with bear feet (three toes = lion feet, four toes = bear feet), with dragon tongues (most heraldic lions have dragon tongues, meaning theycan "beat the devil". However, what if it's a heraldic prophetic message showing George Bush (two horns, sr. and jr.) promising peace, slaying Saddam Hussein (the king of Babylon) using the weapon of Cain (the spear). St George is also the patron saint of England. UK with Blair was in on the false pretence scheme of Bush jr. Is Magog infact the English speaking world? Then why do most English speaking "scholars" and "prophets" say Gog and Magog is Russia? Why wouldn't they?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

I've seen this joke here more than once, it's really becoming one of those automatic loser daemons here in CiR....

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Magog means Land of Gog and Gog means mountains. It is the name of a mountaineous area to the North and East of Israel. There is infact one such nation to the North and East of Israel, whose name means "Land of Mountains" and that is Georgia, and it even contains all the letters of Gog and an -ia tail meaning Land. It lies between Cappadonia and Media as prophesied. It's flag is more or less similar to the Jerusalem Cross, and it's coat of Arms seems to portrait st. George riding a white horse slaying a dragon beast with a spear sided by two lion headed leopards (a standing lion is a lion, one where all four touche the ground is a leopard, this leopard use a shield for support with his two front paws) with bear feet (three toes = lion feet, four toes = bear feet), with dragon tongues (most heraldic lions have dragon tongues, meaning theycan "beat the devil". However, what if it's a heraldic prophetic message showing George Bush (two horns, sr. and jr.) promising peace, slaying Saddam Hussein (the king of Babylon) using the weapon of Cain (the spear). St George is also the patron saint of England. UK with Blair was in on the false pretence scheme of Bush jr. Is Magog infact the English speaking world? Then why do most English speaking "scholars" and "prophets" say Gog and Magog is Russia? Why wouldn't they?

George Look up George at Dictionary.com
male personal name, from L. Georgius, from Gk. Georgios "husbandman, farmer," from ge "earth" + ergon "work" (see urge (v.)). The name introduced in England by the Crusaders (a vision of St. George played a key role in the First Crusade), but not common until after the Hanoverian succession (18c.); so also Georgian (1855) in reference to the reigns of the first four king Georges (1714-1830). St. George began to be recognized as patron of England in time of Edward III, perhaps because of his association with the Order of the Garter (see garter). His feast day, April 23, was made a holiday in 1222. The legend of his combat with the dragon is first found in "Legenda Aurea" (13c.). The exclamation by (St.) George! is recorded from 1598.

Peace

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Greetings Seattletruth,
Have you considered asking God for the truth on this Gog and Magog. I know that may seem a strange opening statement, and it is truly not meant in any spiteful manner. I am simply inquiring. Not upon your religious stance, but upon your awareness of seeking. We are often unaware how or why we seek. Yet, we do seek. Or rather we experience the unfolding of our seeking, hopefully towards perfection.

From One eternal Goodness we come or our created from. This created form needed a foundation, a strong foundation. This strong foundation only becomes aware of itself whilst being apprehended in the virtue or light of the Goodness. This strong foundation which is without knowledge is apprehended by the light, but is not as yet the light, but a strong seeking. Until this strong seeking is overcome by the meek and gentle goodness or heart and Son of God, Gog must spend time within the womb or Ma-Gog. As until a regeneration or rebirth into the Kingdom of God.
God does not judge. Man has choice. Know God by rebirth or stay with Gog and be held captive by Ma-Gog. Everyone has been preached towards. Man chooses to believe he is earthly. When he is created from one Heavenly searching spirit, but chooses by choice to swim as Gog within Ma-Gog; instead of with the Heart and Son of God back into the Heavenly fountain or true source of his seeking nature. That the temple of God is within you is no joke. It is the ultimate truth.

Now, I am the most unworthiest of men to know such a thing, yet I would remain unworthier still, if I did not aid my fellow Brothers and Sisters. And for that same spirit which hears itself, this is written.
AH.
Peace.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

www.lordmayorsshow.org...

Gog and Magog, or sometimes Gogmagog and Corineus, are descended from the pagan giants of early English pageantry and their origins lie in ancient legends of Britain’s beginning. The story goes that Diocletian – the Roman Emperor – had thirty-three wicked daughters. He managed to find thirty-three husbands to curb their unruly ways, but the daughters were not pleased, and under the leadership of their eldest sister Alba they plotted to cut the throats of their husbands as they slept.

For this crime they were set adrift in a boat with half a year’s rations, and after a long and dreadful journey they arrived at the islands which came to be named Albion, after the eldest. Here they stayed, and by coupling with demons they populated the the wild, windswept islands with a race of giants.

Is this a Mason thing I noticed the number 33 used in there. Sort of the cremation of care type thing or Moloch the owl? I would say that thinking Gog or Magog could be from Britain is just a myth.

Septuagint Bible is the Koine Greek version of the Hebrew Bible, translated in stages between the 3rd and 1st centuries BCE in Alexandria. And it has a different Amos version then King James Version of the bible that says.
ecmarsh.com...

7:1 Thus has the Lord God shewed me; and, behold, a swarm of locusts coming from the east; and, behold, one caterpillar, king Gog. 2 And it came to pass when he had finished devouring the grass of the land, that I said, Lord God, be merciful; who shall raise up Jacob? for he is small in number. 3 Repent, O Lord, for this. And this shall not be, saith the Lord.

4 Thus has the Lord shewed me; and, behold, the Lord called for judgment by fire, and it devoured the great deep, and devoured the Lord’s portion. 5 Then I said, O Lord, cease, I pray thee: who shall raise up Jacob? for he is small in number. Repent, O Lord, for this. 6 This also shall not be, saith the Lord.

7 Thus the Lord shewed me; and behold, he stood upon a wall of adamant, and in his hand was an adamant. 8 And the Lord said to me, What seest thou, Amos? And I said, An adamant. And the Lord said to me, Behold, I appoint an adamant in the midst of my people Israel: I will not pass by them any more. 9 And the joyful altars shall be abolished, and the sacrifices of Israel shall be set aside; and I will rise up against the house of Jeroboam with the sword.

They came from the east with locut And strange thing is the early Mongolian/Turks would chase locust by burning crops to get rid of the locust and would build locust temples to pray so they would not return There are still locust temples in China. And "one caterpillar, king Gog" makes me think of silk worms. Not to mention the name of the Great Wall of China is called the wall of Magog (Hait Al-Ma'ajooj).

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

From en.wikipedia.org...

Georgia (the west Asian country):
Derived from Persian Gurj,[9][10] probably derived from a PIE (Proto Indo European) term meaning "mountainous".
Footnotes:
[8]: Curtis, Glenn E. (2004). Georgia a Country Study. Kessinger Publishing. p. 89. ISBN 1419121650.

[9]: Nasmyth, Peter (2001). Georgia: In the Mountains of Poetry. Routledge. p. 9. ISBN 0700713956.

Also read en.wikipedia.org...

So, Georgia means "Land of Mountains" Just like Magog does, and it's in the correct place as discribed, a mountaineous land to the North and East of Israel between Cappadocia and Media.

And from www.indopedia.org...

Georgians call themselves Kartvelebi (ქართველები), their land Sakartvelo (საქართველო), and their language Kartuli (ქართული). These names are derived from a pagan god called Kartlos, said to be the father of all Georgians. The foreign name Georgia, used throughout Western Europe, is derived from Arabic Jurj, which in turn comes from Persian Gurj. Because the spelling was influenced by the Greek root geōrg- (γεωργ-, indicating farming), the word has been mistakenly supposed to have come from a cognate such as St. George (the country's patron saint), or γεωργία (geōrg�a, farming).

[edit on 18/1/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Given the biblical connotation and meaning it does appear strange that they are the named defenders of the City of London

en.wikipedia.org...

Indeed, I find it annoying that even deeply committed Christians shrug off this interpretation as a mere stunning coincidence.

Gog and Magog are important figures in the Ancient Celtic Pagan religion and are supposed to be two giants who live in the woods around London and will stride forth to save London when it is in mortal danger at some time in the future.

It is interesting to note that London is now a huge built up area which is almost devoid of woodland. Only one major patch remains, at Northwoods in the North-West of London. Interestingly enough, Northwoods is also the site of Britain's equivalent of "Weather Mountain", the deep High Command, Last resort Bunker is situated.

This could therefore be taken to mean the supporters of Gog and Magog which would be followers of the Ancient Pagan religions. It is worth noting alos that Tony Blair and his wife hold an interesting record. The Blairs are well known to have been openly worshippers of paganism...they form their "Circle of Light" complete with incantations and Tony even has a small piece of pink paper he keeps in his top pocket that has never been read by anyone but the Blairs and would never begin a cabinet meeting without it. In any previous age, Cherie and Tony would have been burnt at the stake as a Witch and A Warlock.

In the Case of Magog which support to be the twin of Gog, the Bush's do seem an embarraing fit. However absurd it sounds, there is evidence to suggest that the MOTIVE for 9/11 was actually religious. With someone such a George W, what better way for his to lie that to tell the truth, but in a form that is deliberately misunderstood. Not Islamic religion, but pagan religion as the reason.

The NWO adheres closely to the concepts of worship of the Gods of ANcient Egypt. The ANcient Egyptians did not use our calendar, but that of the Ge'ez calendar. Only one country still uses and calculates the Ge'ez, that being Ethiopia and only two religions still use the Ge'ez, the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and the followers of the Gods of Ancient Egypt. In 2001, according to the Ge'ez, the start fo the New Year was not at midnight on 1st January 2001, but at the moment of sunrise on ...11th September 2001. When was sunrise on that day? 6.03am in New York which was precisely the time that Norad crashed and fell into chaos, the hijackers started their journeys, and Bush went for a strange, unaccompanied morning jog with a cellphone for half an hour. in the very ancient Egypt, they used to perform human sacrifices on religious festivals, the greatest being the New Year. Was 9/11 a human sacrifice to the Gods of Ancient Egypt? COnsider, under their numerology, the numbers 9 and 11 are very relevant. 9 is the number of man and evil and 11 is a sacrifice, the Twin Towers interestingly being the world's largest number 11. Hence, 9/11 was actually a beacon of blackness to herald a new era of evil with a sacrifice to the power of evil. ANd if that sounds far fetched, then why is it that the official story is regarded as sane, suggesting that it was a sacrifice by Muslims to the cause of their God, Allah?

Furthermore, debate has raged over who did 9/11. Everyone has assumed it must have weither have been Al Qaeda or the AMericans which makes no sense. A conspiracy that large could not have been kept under wraps with so many involved. The other possibility which no one will consider is that it was, in practice, done by another country's weaponry. Likewise,when USAAF Langley sent the US fighters out to Whiskey 386 in the middle of the Atlantic, only two possibilities are ever considered...that it was a mistake or that they were being sent conveniently out of the way. No-one will consider the possibility that Langley correctly identified where the attack was coming from. During the Falklands War, it was revealed that there was a problem with the Royal Navy's radar systems. These are all made the same was, including Norad. In order to unclutter the screens, they only show YOU MISSILES AND PLANES, CIVILIAN PLANES and ENEMY AND THEIR ALLIES MISSILES AND PLANES. Standard Nato radar systems do not show missiles and planes of your friendly allies. Hence British Royal Navy missiles do not show up on Norad systems only on old out dated ones, like those still installed at USAAF Langley.

So who controls the ROyal Navy's missiles? Shortly after coming to power in 1997, Tony Blair contracted out all maintenance of the circuitry, appearance, loading etc of all nuclear and non-nuclear missiles on its nuclear submarines to...KELLOGG BROWN AND ROOT, a subsidiary of HALIBURTON, where Dick Cheney was a senior executive, even though Tony's Labour Party is supposed to be dead against contracting out. About a a week before 9/11, one of Britain's nuclear submarines was sent to the Far East by Blair which would have put it off the eastern seaboard of the USA on 9/11. When it arrived in the Far East, it was short by 6 Tomahawk missiles unaccountably. Furthermore, since 9/11, many Biritish electrical technicians have been sent to Iraq and been invariably kidnapped and killed.

We spend so much time looking out there for Gog and Magog with binoculars, we never notice the real Satan breathing down out neck, right beside us.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I believe it has to do with the nations/areas that will eventually attack Israel. Here is a link from a Christian standpoint:

www.contenderministries.org...

However, the Bible clearly states that any nation that comes againt Israel will be utterly destroyed. This is His chosen people, where Jesus will reign on earth when He returns!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Air Force Ron

Here is a link from a Christian standpoint:

www.contenderministries.org...

HARD CORE BULLSH1T...This is as Christian as Trotsky's butt.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The Hebrew historian Josephus refers to Georgia as Tubal, son of Japheth, while he place Magog in today's Ukrania:
Josephus' interpretations on the distributuion of the children of Noah at Wiki (Japhet's sons in red)

Josephus goes on further and explains how the descendants of Magog fathered the Scythians, and according to Wikipedia also the Slavs, Mongols, Hungarians, Irish, Finns, Pamiris, Pashtuns.
Josephus' Jewish Antiquities (Book 1, chapter 6)
Japhet's descendants at Wiki
The Scythians according to Wiki

[edit on 18/1/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
This gives another well expressed and considered report on the matter.

A bald lie.

I would have to think it would be Asia.

... Explains a lot. Goes with a severe lack of intelligence, iimagination and extreme prejudice.

Gog and Magog are referencing Russian or more so Soviet interests in the area surrounding the Black Sea Region.

Another groundless bald lie.

But we could seek information from one who does have some grasp of Scripture. Jan Van Impe,

THIS IS A CLEAR MISTYPE. CLearly it should read...

But we could seek information from one who does have some grasp of Scripture. but instead, I'm turning to Jan Van Impe,

Jan Van Impe has studied scripture most of his life

To study it most of his life and understand nothing - WOW! He must be SH1T STUPID!
(Impe, by the way means little devil or deceitful demon).

Arabic language the Great Wall of China is called "the wall of Al Magog" because the Great Wall was built to keep out the invading armies from Magog.

And the army that one day overran it was the British.

BLAIR LEADS EU IN 'REVULSION' AT IRAN'S ISRAEL COMMENTS

The Devil is a deceiver and who worse to quote on the identity of Gog than himself.

So we have some identifying occurring.

No. We have some BULL# and DECEIT occurring.

Now, if I was a Gambling Man, I would say Jack has this correct.

And WOW, would I take your bet, but for the fact that one should not clean out really, really dumb suckers.

Historically speaking, Magog was a grandson of Noah (Genesis 10:2).

Not necessarily.

Magog seems to be used to refer to "northern barbarians" in general, but likely also has a connection to Magog the person.

Which is what the Greeks called the British, the northern barbarians.

1. Magog is described as being in ‘the far north’

The Greeks called Britain "the Ultimate Isles" as they were regarded as being the furthest north.

2. The term Ros (at Ezekiel 38:2, which is really pronounced Rosh) is said to be an early term for Russia

By who? The inmates at the local assylum? Rus in Russia simply means land.

This posting was a catalogue of narrow-minded prejudice claptrap.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by aristocrat2]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Looking how the empire of the Scythia fits nicely with Nazi lore about the origin of the socalled "Arian race", "Gog of Magog" may infact point to Adolf Hitler of Nazi Germany and how he nearly eradicated the Askanazi Jews of Europe. It seems to fit perfectly.

On a side note: Can the moderator who moved this thread from CiR please explain why this thread was moved to BTS? It's clearly connected to Hebrew prophecies discribing how this people (Magog) and it's king (Gog) will conspire to eradicate a great many Jews. If you still don't see my point, perhaps the Predictions forum at ATS would fit much better than the current forum, which is about theology. This isn't theology, it's about identifying a conspiring force discribed in both OT and NT prophecies.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join