It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's ark ? How ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
You were correct, sandstone is formed through a body of water and sedimentary deposit's.

However, and unfortunatly as it happens with most creationist's ... Your assumption that it's worldwide was incorrect. I was hoping that you would come to understand this from learning abit more how sandstone forms. I was wrong. I'm sorry to fail you. But moving on, for example, there's no natural sandstone deposit's in my area where I live. There's a reason for that. No moving body of water was ever over my area.

Could you please perhaps post evidence that sandstone cover's the entire planet? Would be interesting to look at.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nichole"“Well, to be totally honest, the "FACTS" that you stated were sketchy at best. Let's examine them one at a time to see what I mean.”

Actually, the FACTS I have written in my past 2 posts ARE facts. Scientifically proven by some of the worlds leading Geologists, Archaeologists, not to mention Historians and the like. Everything I have written, I can back with actual evidence via books and studies that have been done or are still in the process of being completed, but nonetheless still better than a link to Wikipedia (which did not work) about sandstone and clay formations that cover the Earth’s surface.
By the way, I never denied that there has been catastrophic flooding the has covered “certain” parts of the Earth at different times in the past. In fact, I can give you 1,000 sources saying that there has been. The only thing I’m asking for anyone to prove is that there was a flood that has been so devastating that it covered the entire Earth in the past lets say 20,000 years. It just hasn’t happened. You have no basis for your argument. If you do find something that is concrete evidence to the contrary, I invite you to share with the rest of us…at least with Produkt and myself since he seems to be the only one with any sense on this site.

Originally posted by nichole"The Epic of Gilgamesh should be looked as proof that, like most religions, Christianity borrowed from older sources in order to make the religion "seem" older when in fact the bible was written around 1,000 years after the fact."

Originally posted by TheBorg[/i ]“I tend to agree with this statement as well as the one that followed that about how Christianity reinvented holidays, as that's true. However, it should also be noted that if something is true, why wouldn't someone want to perpetuate that truth for all generations to remember? Just because Gilgamesh MAY have written the story first, doesn't make it any less true for the rest of the world's civilizations, now does it?”

If indeed, the reason for including the flood story in the bible was someone perpetuating the truth for all generations to remember, then I ask you this…if the story had not been stolen from the Epic of Gilgamesh and had not been included, how will you ever explain creationism?

Just for kicks find me one story in the bible that has absolute, solid proof it happened.

Originally posted by nichole[/i ]“
In my own journey to find some reason to believe in God or a higher power, I have studied extremely hard to find that there is no historical basis nor any archaeological or geological proof of a world wide flood. And with that, I noted only things that I found that support what I wrote.

Originally posted by TheBorg[/i
“And yet you overlook the ever-mounting evidence to the contrary?? Not very scientific there, if you ask me.”

Again, if you have evidence to the contrary, I would love to read it.

Originally posted by TheBorg[/i ]
“At this very moment, we're uncovering evidence to suggest that the Vikings were sailing the seas hundreds of years before anyone else thought it possible. Does this mean that It couldn't have been done sooner? No of course not. We cannot just think that ancient peoples were stupid, because they weren't. They were as resourceful, if not more so than we are. I find it interesting that Vikings could make ships up to 150 feet long that could sail the harsh waters of the North Atlantic (some of the most dangerous waters on earth), about 400 years before Columbus went on his maiden voyage.”

Ok lets look at the enormous difference in time here…3000 B.C. to 740-1050 A.D….are you serious? This is part of your argument? No seriously…if you wanted a stronger argument, I’ll help you…look into the Carthaginians, Indus-Swarasvati civilization, and the Phoenicians. There’s even evidence of Carthaginian ships off the coast of Spain (very controversial tho since the Spanish government won’t let anyone see them because of the problems it would cause finding that Columbus (which we all know wasn’t the first to the Americas) hadn’t found the New World.). *Be very careful with responding I know a lot more than you think.

Originally posted by TheBorg[/i ]
“The literal truth of the Bible. People have taken what it said as literal for far too long. I don't believe everything in the Bible is 100% accurate, as I agree that many hands have meddled with it, and they have messed it up. Words have been changed, and thoughts skewed to indoctrinate the masses. However, if the masses just read it and let God interpret for them, then they'll get a much fuller experience from it. Plus, they won't be able to be held in contempt of an angry God whom they know nothing about, aside from what the preacher tells them. As for the animal comment there, I wasn't going to ask anyone else about that, as I find it to be a moot point.”

Even with human error included, there is still very little evidence, if any at all that has any historical basis. I have my own theories on why it was written but I’ll keep them to myself. Anyway, did you know that the Catholic Church had a huge say in what was included in the bible? Funny huh?

*For Produkt- Since I'm not able to send U2U's as of yet (haven't made my 20 posts
) just want to say thanks for all the comments you've made. It's more fun when someone understands your own pov.

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
ok I messed up the first comment was posted by TheBorg...sorry

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Nichole,

Like I originally said, I could be wrong. In this case, I think after having thought it over, my view was skewed. I've had a nagging thought for a while that the world is a lot older than we can possibly imagine, even based on our best assumptions. With that said, it IS possible that it could have happened mostly as you said, but for that to be the case, there have to be a few outstanding things which need to be calrified. Before I mention these things though, it should be stated that these are merely my opinions on the issue, and should not by any means be taken as fact, based on scientific evidence or otherwise. Ahh heck with it, read my sig's disclaimer (heh).

Anyway...

I think we humans were planted here by an outside force, as in beings from another location brought us here and physically put us here. This is a reasonable explanation for all the different kinds of people, as evolution is no where near fleshed out enough to describe all of the differences represented by the differing peoples.

Also, this would explain the different myths associated with the different cultures which circumvent the earth. Perhaps all the planet's civiliations had their own genesis, and they evolved from there on their own, with their own stories and ideologies, as well as their own unique take on an incident shared by others worldwide. This could in theory explain how it is that Gilgamesh had his flood story, and then the other civilizations came up with their's later. Maybe they all experienced the same thing, and just told their own stories in a different way. I dunno for sure, but it's just as possible as anything else scientifically uncovered, as there's not been anything really unearthed to say either way.

In any case, we both have to admit that there's a lot about our history that we don't know, as in how long did it take the continents to move to their present locations? We can't know the speeds that they moved 50000 years ago, as that constantly changes. As for fitting all of the animals on the ark, it doesn't say that he took EVERY kind of animal on the face of the planet into it. It's explicitly vague in that department, as if to suggest that he only got the ones in his area, which brings me to my next theory.

I think it's also possible that the other civilizations had their god come to them, select one or two people, and tell them that there was a flood coming, and that they should get a ship ready with all the things that they would need. They may not have been as big as Noah's, but they would have been big enough to preserve the different peoples for all time. Now it's possible that these floods happened at different times, but I can't be sure on that. More research from everyone might uncover something substantial in that area.

These are just a couple of my random thoughts, some of them can be supported, while others are easily shot down like a hot air balloom. Lemme know whatcha think.

TheBorg

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Look at the Epic of Giglamesh. Look at scientific evidence. Look at the actual Biblical story.Noah is a symbolic story. Nothing more.

Okay ... I got into it this week with a Baptist woman who refuses to listen to the science... to the Epic of Giglamesh ... to the physics ....

Apparently I'm going to hell and missing salvation because I know that Noah's Ark is a myth. :shk:

Anyone got anything that I can say to this woman next time she jumps on me? (and make sure it isn't !$@%#$@!! - as much as I'd like to say those things, I have to work with this idiot).

Oh .. and she refuses to see that aliens are in the bible (the Nephalim story is SOOO OBVIOUS!). She said she doesn't believe in anything that isn't in the bible. I brought up that germs aren't in the bible, but they are real. I brought up that XRAYS aren't in the bible, but they are real. Same with Jupiter ... etc etc etc

But it's like talking to a STUPID wall.

Anyways - any ideas on what to say to this woman next time ... to wake her up??

Originally posted by TheBorg
I think we humans were planted here by an outside force, as in beings from another location brought us here and physically put us here.

The more I read, the more I come to this same thought.

[edit on 12/20/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I was wondering if any one could explain how Armadillo's got from noah's ark (middle east) to Texas and without leaving any trace of itself outside the america's?

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Some Christian and Hebrew scholars would say that the SIN consciousness that came into the world took a while to corrupt the DNA and lifespan..the immunity we enjoyed slowly slipped away as the wickness grew. The flood was to kill the evil seeds that had occured from the fallen angels ( Nephilim ) mating with the earth women.

Although the physical seed of sin was wiped out, the spiritual sin continues, and will until the final judgement when death and sin are cast into the lake of fire( destruction). Accordingly, the age of man regressed over time until people lived a very short span in the middle ages, and only after the Enlightenment period did the overall health and size of people start a slow gaining that we see to this day.

Thats what some would say; others would say many other things, of course. Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ah yes my sheeple. Come and graze in the fields of ignorance and deception.

Seriously guy's, petrified trees upright going through many sedimentary layers, fossils of fish giving birth, the impossibility of the earth being billions of years or even millions of years old due to the planetary drift and the cooling down of the sun. You guy's will believe anything a "scientist" tells you or an "archaeologist" tells you. I guess you believe anything a politician or the government tells you as well.

Sleep peacefully my sheeple, for tonight in your slumber the Wolf will slaughter you.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join