It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's ark ? How ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This inanity has gone on long enough! Oh the troubles God went to just to preserve man and animal.

It took him what three days in total to create humans, animals and plants, but he needed the better part of a year to kill them all, and worse! he needed to have Noah build this big-ass boat to house those he wanted to protect. Did he lose his creative powers?

There is more than just one disconnect with the ark story, but here are two that are interconnected which cannot be adequately explained by Bible believers. Including the above that makes three for them to ponder:

The waters covered the mountains:

The first dove released came back because it could not find a perch.

The second dove released 7 days later came back with an "olive leaf" in its mouth. We are to believe then that this olive tree was either near the top of the mountain, or that that a "leaf" would have remained on same.

The evidence against that happening is this found in

1) Gen 7:23: "And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground..." In other words, everything reliant on the ground was no more, that includes all plantlife. How did this olive tree sprout a fresh leaf?

2) The animals in the ark would have included herbivores. What did they eat when they disembarked?

3) There were 7 sets of unclean animals and one set of clean animals taken onto the ark, where even a lion would go through a few dozen pounds of fresh meat in a day. How long exactly would its prey last over 300 days?

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I wonder if someone ever tested if seeds could survive being submersed under water for at least a year? Some had to have been able to float on the top of the water at least. What time of year do most plants go to seed in a season? The flood is said to have come at the beginning of November.
The next thing is that God intended to destroy all things that breathed oxygen on dry land. Seals and penguins would die, whereas Whales and dolphins would live.

Gen. 7:22 - "All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died."

Gen. 7:23 - All substances upon the face of the ground such as man, cattle, creeping things, and fowl of the heavens.

The lion did not eat meat until sometime after leaving the ark.
Gen. 1:30 - "And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so."

[edit on 4-7-2005 by lostinspace]

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
How do you think he did for make it only in 7 days ?

One of the things that I find most unpleasant in these types of arguments is the lack of research done by some of non-believers, not only that, but a narrow mind and worst of all a very unconstructive way of thinking.

1st off, the ark wasn't built in seven days and a mistake made at that magnitude is enough for one to think it was probably a fanatical christian trying to make athiests look bad (this is ATS:lol

Anyway

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

It took him what three days in total to create humans, animals and plants, but he needed the better part of a year to kill them all, and worse! he needed to have Noah build this big-ass boat to house those he wanted to protect. Did he lose his creative powers?

Don't know what exactly you are trying to imply but its all very fuzzy. Upon questioning Gods creative powers, did you mean he should have destroyed the earth a different way instead of using the flood ? If so I don't know why you call them "creative", for destructive floods and creative powers are two different things.

If thats not what you meant, and were reffering to the phrase "he needed to have Noah build this big-ass boat to house those he wanted to protect", then I think you should take it directly up with Him and ask Him why he didn't use an enormous flying saucer or whatever it is you wanted that would have satisfied you hunger for a bigger and more creative, as you say, outcome. But, I mean, think about it, you would have done it in a different way because that "big-ass boat" was lacking all that imagination that you seem to have. But on the other hand you seem to be having problems supposing where the dove could have found a simple olive leaf. Mr/Ms if you don't have infinite wisdom, why do you question the ways of someone who does ?

The rest of your observations are painfully pointless and unconstructive unless the point you were trying to bring up was, the ark story, cannot be adequately explained by Bible believers, which in response, i would have answer the obvious... I wasn't there I believe by faith. But then, following a logic like that would leads us nowhere, because neither were you, and to say it didn't happen at all would have to mean that you were there to disprove it by telling us what really happened or simply because you don't have enough faith. If you don't, what can I say... I'll leave it up to the Master to answer that one.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
I wonder if someone ever tested if seeds could survive being submersed under water for at least a year?
Read it again.

The first bird returned to the ark because it could find no resting place. In other words, the trees were still covered by water.

The second bird was sent out a mere 7 days later and returned with a 'fresh" olive branch. Now where are we talking about seeds sprouting olive trees in 7 days? It stands to reason that if water 7 days previous covered the trees, and that water init8ially raged for 40 days then stayed for another 260 days, there would be no fresh olive leaves.

Would there?

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Perhaps, unless this has been stated before. He did not Build the Arc in Seven Days. It actually took him anywhere from Four-Hundred days, to Forty Years. Not Seven days. Get your facts straight.

posted on Jul, 5 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisTicaLDon't know what exactly you are trying to imply but its all very fuzzy.
Refer my previous post.

Upon questioning Gods creative powers, did you mean he should have destroyed the earth a different way instead of using the flood ? If so I don't know why you call them "creative", for destructive floods and creative powers are two different things.
First of all, you I want to be sure you understand that I am a non-Bible believer as you have put it. Now as per the creative vs. destructive, I have no idea what exactly you refer to, but, the Biblical God created man that is constructive yes? he also supposedly created the flood since he caused it/brought it on. It was at his hand the flood was brought about, so in essence, they are one and the same thing.

If thats not what you meant, and were reffering to the phrase "he needed to have Noah build this big-ass boat to house those he wanted to protect", then I think you should take it directly up with Him and ask Him why he didn't use an enormous flying saucer or whatever it is you wanted that would have satisfied you hunger for a bigger and more creative, as you say, outcome.
I would take it up with him if I thought that the God of the Bible was in fact God. And as to your conjecture on flying saucers and what I wanted, well, it is simply that; conjecture.

But, I mean, think about it, you would have done it in a different way because that "big-ass boat" was lacking all that imagination that you seem to have.
Yes, I would have done it a different way. This is after all a deity who is credited with making man from dirt, no? This is the deity who supposedly was rather annoyed with humans and decided to wipe them out save for one man and his family, no? This deity was unhappy with the fact that his other creations, the sons of god, copulated with humans, but he did not destroy those sons of god did he? No! He exacted revenge on the humans who were minding their own business on the only plane they could traverse. That would be like killing the victim of the rapist for the crime committed by the rapist. Further, these sons of this Biblical god created a race of giants so it stands to reason that if this Biblical god was so annoyed at humans for having engaged in this blasphemous act, he would not choose a man and his family who carried the giant trait in their blood.

It is a simple exercise really to stop and think about what you read, analyze same and understand that Noah and or his children had to have that giant trait because while this Biblical god wiped out everyone else, these giants popped up later on and could only be from Noah and his family.

If Biblical god was so interested in fixing the problem, all he had to do was waive his magic wand or twitch his nose or blink or whatever he did, kill all man, save the animals and plantlife save for the snake because the former did nothing to him, and mould a fresh piece of dirt, and in fact not replant the tree of knowledge. But no, this Biblical God decided in his infinite wisdom that this was the better way to forge subjects and mercilessly slaughter them because Noah's tainted blood ran through their veins.

The rest of your observations are painfully pointless and unconstructive unless the point you were trying to bring up was, the ark story, cannot be adequately explained by Bible believers, which in response, i would have answer the obvious...
Pointless no. Past your analytical skills, yes.

I wasn't there I believe by faith.
Yes it is obvious you believe by faith, and so it is necessary that you shut off your intelligence when it comes to your god. Your faith is as a result of programming, and as you may be aware, de-programming is very much a practiced art on those who have been led astray. When it comes to religion though it is only applied with the likes of the Hari Krishnas; the Jim Jones and Koresh crowd. Pity.

But then, following a logic like that would leads us nowhere, because neither were you, and to say it didn't happen at all would have to mean that you were there to disprove it by telling us what really happened or simply because you don't have enough faith. If you don't, what can I say... I'll leave it up to the Master to answer that one
It did not happen! you rely on a book to claim it did. Can you unequivocally provide any, just one piece of evidence that the Biblical stories are in fact true? You are obviously not familiar with my posts, so at this point I invite you to review some of them, for your Bible stories of the OT come to you from Egyptian mythology, and I do not rely on blind faith; programmed teachings and lack of thought to make my points, the stone inscriptions I provide far outdate your pieces of manuscript.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Ah the Jesus stuff now. Why do you quote to me from fabricated stories of a man who at best was a thief and warlord?

But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Programming at its best.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Now as per the creative vs. destructive, I have no idea what exactly you refer to, but, the Biblical God created man that is constructive yes? he also supposedly created the flood since he caused it/brought it on. It was at his
hand the flood was brought about, so in essence, they are one and the same thing.

We are talking about the Biblical God and so I've yet to be shown where in the Bible has he simply used "Delete" to get rid of something, but then again if you find any "magic wands" etc in the scriptures let me know ok. However if they are in fact the same thing, then why were you previously asking...

did he lose his creative powers ?

As I recall athiests and non-believers (I'm guessing that includes you) found the flood story much to "creative" ??? Seriously.

This deity was unhappy with the fact that his other creations, the sons of god, copulated with humans, but he did not destroy those sons of god did he? No! He exacted revenge on the humans who were minding their own business on the only plane they could traverse. That would be like killing the victim of the rapist for the crime committed by the rapist. Further, these sons of this Biblical god created a race of giants so it stands to reason that if this Biblical god was so annoyed at humans for having engaged in this blasphemous act, he would not choose a man and his family who carried the giant trait in their blood.

Okay let me stop right there. The lack of research you show here is the type of thing I metioned earlier. I mean, we are talking scripture, therefore your premise must be baised on the same.

The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.
Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight and was full of
violence.

This is the reason for the flood, not the Sons of God marrying the women or the blood mixture for that matter. True He wasn't pleased, but that is not the reason for the flood. I stand to reckon that if humans would have found Grace in the sight of God, like Noah did, regardless of their blood the flood would have not occurred.

Pointless no. Past your analytical skills, yes.

If you have a constructive point, help me out then.

Yes it is obvious you believe by faith, and so it is necessary that you shut off your intelligence when it comes to your god. Your faith is as a result of programming...

If I must turn of my intelligence to accomplish my goal, then, I'll be SMART, turn it off and get to where I want to be. But did you bring that up for a reason, maybe because you have a point you want to get to. Or was that just gratuitous remark ?

This deity was unhappy with the fact that his other creations, the sons of god, copulated with humans, but he did not destroy those sons of god did he? No! He exacted revenge on the humans who were minding their own business on the only plane they could traverse.

True he did not destroy them. It actually says that:
God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Funny, as I recall you said...

That would be like killing the victim of the rapist for the crime committed by the rapist.

I'm hoping that your impaired judgement has been the result of a misinformation rather than the button that controls your intelligence. For your sake that is.

It did not happen! you rely on a book to claim it did. Can you unequivocally provide any, just one piece of evidence that the Biblical stories are in fact true?

If my memory doesn't fail me the flood took place on the year 2400/2500(?) BC. Now scince "it didn't happen!" you can always tell me what really happened in that timespace right, and make it, of course, connect somehow to Abraham or some other individual in the Bible . That is unless you claim the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation is just a big work of fiction. Remember that if you do, you'll have to make it unambiguous in all its forms.

[edit on 6-7-2005 by MisTicaL]

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisTicaLWe are talking about the Biblical God and so I've yet to be shown where in the Bible has he simply used "Delete" to get rid of something, but then again if you find any "magic wands" etc in the scriptures let me know ok. However if they are in fact the same thing, then why were you previously asking...
Yes we are talking about Biblical god, so statements such as this; ” Upon questioning Gods creative powers” and “then I think you should take it directly up with Him and ask Him.” holds no valadity with me. Now I don’t know why you speak of deleting not being shown in the good book, because I am quite certain that my position on his simply deleting (as you put it) all humans given his consummate power is the far more omnipotent method to fixing the problem of man’s wickedness rather than killing off (deleting) all humans, and creatures save for 8 just so those 8 can pass on the same wicked flaws coursing through their veins. But then again, you have to be able to think to grasp that concept. As for magic wands, well there is much for you to learn, you can start with Moses’ staff, versus those of pharoah’s magicians, then proceed to Moses’ fiery serpent rod. From there you can let your fingers do the walking through the google pages for Egyptian wands.

As I recall athiests and non-believers (I'm guessing that includes you) found the flood story much to "creative" ??? Seriously.
This statement of yours is a very common uninformed and unintelligent assumption. For while you would be correct that I am a non-believer in biblical God, as I have previously stated, you would be incorrect to conclude that makes me an atheist. The flood story was very creative yes, as in creative imagination stemming from the Egyptian belief that Atum would destroy and recreate the earth by flood periodically.

This deity was unhappy with the fact that his other creations, the sons of god, copulated with humans, but he did not destroy those sons of god did he? No! He exacted revenge on the humans who were minding their own business on the only plane they could traverse. That would be like killing the victim of the rapist for the crime committed by the rapist. Further, these sons of this Biblical god created a race of giants so it stands to reason that if this Biblical god was so annoyed at humans for having engaged in this blasphemous act, he would not choose a man and his family who carried the giant trait in their blood.

Okay let me stop right there. The lack of research you show here is the type of thing I metioned earlier. I mean, we are talking scripture, therefore your premise must be baised on the same.
I wouldn't be so quick to accuse me of lack of research when you evidently are the one lacking in research of your own scriptures. Where in my post above have I not thrown your scriptures in your face to show how absurd your notion of scripture actually is? It is always my pleasure to educate so called Biblical followers in what their Bible actually says, but I cannot think for you too.

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

It is common Judeo/Christian practice to tout the defiling of Eve as having been done by that guy you want to call Satan, and it is common practice to refer to Satan as one of God's angels. It is also common practice to claim that the sons of god responsible for copulating with human women are angels. Unless you or any other ill-informed apologist can fabricate some story or Biblical text that shows the "sons of god" were not in fact angels in your story but some other form of life, you are stuck with the fact that humans were minding their own business on earth when these sons of god starting that with that evil bellycrawler god created, violated not only their space but their minds and bodies as well.

And you are hard pressed to explain why when the action of impropriety was instituted by these sons of god, that god would decide to take out his wrath on the victims and not the offenders.

God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
I expected this hogwash as an excuse. What a trite little piece of deception this is. He drowns all but eight of his human creations but locks away the culprits, and according to Christian belief, allows their leader and ultimate king of nastiness to continue to despoil humans. Well I want to know exactly what demons Christians claim possess people and how these culprits who are locked away can still be wreaking havoc with humans 4700 years later.

Christian doctrine has got to be the most polluted, manipulative and discombobulated dogma ever to have been contrived by man.

It did not happen! you rely on a book to claim it did. Can you unequivocally provide any, just one piece of evidence that the Biblical stories are in fact true?

If my memory doesn't fail me the flood took place on the year 2400/2500(?) BC.Well there you have it! Not only has your memory failed you so has any semblance of cognitive ability. You really should stop pushing Biblical stories until you at least sit down and read the book. You are shy 200 to 300 years first of all as per the Biblical chronology, and secondly I asked you to unequivocally provide proof, where is that proof?

Now scince "it didn't happen!" you can always tell me what really happened in that timespace right, and make it, of course, connect somehow to Abraham or some other individual in the Bible .
No I cannot tell you what happened 2700 years ago, and I am happy to admit that, but I can tell you that a worldwide flood did not happen, for the archaeological evidence in the areas of Egypt for one, shows no evidence of a period of a halting of population growth and or density between the time periods of the 2nd and 4th dynastic periods.

That is unless you claim the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation is just a big work of fiction. Remember that if you do, you'll have to make it unambiguous in all its forms.
It is a work of fiction, Egyptian fiction rewrapped and packaged in a new way by Egyptian outcasts recycling their own myths once again.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I am glad to see all the Christians getting along so marvelously well.
It's a wonder you know, given the ineptitude men have shown in history.

Literal/metaphorical?
Jesus said....
Buddha said....
God said.....
Noah said.....

But then Dr. Yrag out in Egypt knows all about this stuff.....so who is God?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   

If Biblical god was so interested in fixing the problem, all he had to do was waive his magic wand or twitch his nose or blink

Yes we are talking about Biblical god... As for magic wands, well there is much for you to learn, you can start with Moses’ staff, ...

Like you said, YES, we are discusing Gods methods of creation/destruction and his alleged magic wands. Why did you bring Moses up again ? You said it yourself, Moses' staff.

This statement of yours is a very common uninformed and unintelligent assumption. For while you would be correct that I am a non-believer in biblical God, as I have previously stated, you would be incorrect to conclude that makes me an atheist.

Ha! I never concluded that you where an athiest. I simply assumed that you were "somewhereinbetween".

If my memory doesn't fail me the flood took place on the year 2400/2500(?) BC.
Well there you have it! Not only has your memory failed you so has any semblance of cognitive ability. You really should stop pushing Biblical stories until you at least sit down and read the book. You are shy 200 to 300 years first of all as per the Biblical chronology

You amaze me. Did you even take time to look up the Biblical chronology before posting that ? I've been trough a few already and from what I've seen the one that stood out was dated 2350/2400 or 2400/2450. So how is that I'm 200/300 years shy ? Get your facts straight.

Now I don’t know why you speak of deleting not being shown in the good book, because I am quite certain that my position on his simply deleting (as you put it) all humans given his consummate power is the far more omnipotent method to fixing the problem of man’s wickedness rather than killing off (deleting) all humans, and creatures save for 8 just so those 8 can pass on the same wicked flaws coursing through their veins. But then again, you have to be able to think to grasp that concept.

Here you show your inability to grasp the concept of infinity. How exactly does deletion exhibit omnipotent features in an Infinite Being ? If God wanted to last billions of years fixing a problem, it would be a billion years in your range of sight. Your logic, yet again, is the consequence of your limited needless to say finite thinking skills which reflect a very centered on self position. What you have failed to remember is that, God has FOREVER. Why should he hurry ?

I wouldn't be so quick to accuse me of lack of research when you evidently are the one lacking in research of your own scriptures.
7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

I hope you're weren't suggesting that those verses as well as the rest of your rant was intended to bring clarity, sense, or a jot of reason to your original statements. Nothing could be futher away from the truth. If its not a lack of research then you're obviously without understanding.

You are stuck with the fact that humans were minding their own business on earth when these sons of god starting that with that evil bellycrawler god created, violated not only their space but their minds and bodies as well.

He drowns all but eight of his human creations but locks away the culprits, and according to Christian belief, allows their leader and ultimate king of nastiness to continue to despoil humans. Well I want to know exactly what demons Christians claim possess people and how these culprits who are locked away can still be wreaking havoc with humans 4700 years later.

First of all humans and angels used to share the same space. Starting with the bellycrawler. I cannot tell you exactly where Demons come from but they are not the same Angels who married the women before the flood. You ask why Satan hasn't been locked away? Simple, His time hasn't yet come. Funny thing about your judgmental statements is how they reflect the high esteem you seem to have for the human race.

No I cannot tell you what happened 2700 years ago, and I am happy to admit that, but I can tell you that a worldwide flood did not happen, for the archaeological evidence in the areas of Egypt for one, shows no evidence of a period of a halting of population growth and or density between the time periods of the 2nd and 4th dynastic periods.

I expected this hogwash as an excuse. "I don't know what happened but scince there isn't evidence to confirm what you believed happened its all just a big work of fiction and a big conspiracy to make you believe in Jesus"
. Scince you don't seem to know very much and obviously archaeology doesn't leave you much to hope for I think I'll stick to my faith thank you very much.

Christian doctrine has got to be the most polluted, manipulative and discombobulated dogma ever to have been contrived by man.

Whats the heck is that supposed to mean? That christians are the most polluted, manipulative discombobulated people you've ever run into? I don't know who made your life a living hell but you've got serious issues.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by MisTicaL]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
In the latest National Geogrpahic, there is a caption which states that some Chinese junk ships were over 450 feet long and over 100ft in width(larger than the ark). So it may be believable that Noah built a large ship. But unbelievable that a deity spoke to him of a world wide flood, that it could flood and drain so rapidly without major and sometimes catastophic earth changes (imagine the salinization of all surface soil), that two of every animal is enough to repopulate an entire species, there could possible be enough food on such a ship, and that Noah was capable of building such a ship (imagine the material and labour cost, that effort would take tens of millions with today's inflation factored in, approximatly $87 million, was Noah rich?).

[edit on 10-7-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
they proved it wasnt real, if it rained 40 days 40 nights, the hydrogen level in the atmosphere would rise so high you would drown by just breathing. also, how could it rain that much

You obviously have never visited Vancouver BC, or Seattle WA.

When I firest moved to Vancouver it started raining on November 14th and it rained every day, every night, every kind of rain possible (sort of like Forrest Gump's experience in Vietnam, except I didn't have to run anywhere) and the last day it rained was march 2nd (yep, that's over 3 months of straight rain). I didn't drown by breathing, and rain doesn't produce hydrogen.

The hydrogen (H) level in the atmosphere is 0%. Hydrogen is not found in nature in it's pure form (elemental) and must be produced or refined from a primary source (through electrolysis or photoelectrolysis). Molecular hydrogen, or H2, is a trace component in the lower atmosphere -- about 500ppbv [source].

The only thing I don't miss about Vancouver is the rain.

notes:
ppbv: parts per billion (10^9) by volume; the fraction of volume of gas occupied by a component multiplied by 1,000,000,000. If there is 500 ppb of N2 in a bottle filled with gas, then for every 1,000,000,000 molecules in the bottle, 500 molecules of those are N2.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisTicaLLike you said, YES, we are discusing Gods methods of creation/destruction and his alleged magic wands. Why did you bring Moses up again ? You said it yourself, Moses' staff.
From memory, I recall at least twice where I previously made this very simple point. If you could not understand it not once, not twice, you never will. This exercise is hopeless and is akin to me trying to explain the alphabet to an paramecium. Case in point;

YOU- ”Ha! I never concluded that you where an athiest. I simply assumed that you were "somewhereinbetween".”

YOU post no. 1511297 ”As I recall athiests and non-believers (I'm guessing that includes you)”

That is as far as I read with this last post since it is obvious to me that my opposition cannot even recall or understand their own words, and when that happens I abandon the exhange.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
There's a deeper meaning of the Bible/Torah, you don't need to take it litterly.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
why did those damn unicorns have to be soo stuborn

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RogueX
Nothing is impossible when God is involved.

Its such a great excuse isn't it really, i mean.. anything is possible when god is involved. Such a great way of explaining the things that you don't understand, and even those that scare you.

Well hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Just my opinion of course, didn't mean to attack you. Oops,

Seriously, have nothing against beleifs, just expresing my views..

Onto the topic matter, i've always found the Noah's ark thing a little to unbeleivable. Ontop of the human race evolving from only 2 people and not becoming all inbread, we're also to beleive every species on the planet that now exists came from a pair of that species that he got and the too never became inbread.

And yes, I highly doubt ANYONE could build a ship even 1/100th of that size in 7 days, letalone round up all of the animals. I don't think even if you had todays transport technology (planes, helicopers etc) you would be able to get them all, some are hidden deep in the jungles of far away places. Where Noah was located in the world im not actually sure, but i seriously doubt EVERY species in the world happened to live so close to him, still with Zoo's today we don't have every animal in every country of the world.. Look at Madagascar for example, or was it Mozambique, i don't really remember, but its an island with something like 80% of the animals in that country being completely native to it.

In a word, impossible.

It never happened, noone can even prove that a great flood took place.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
i dont know if anyone said it yet (i dont have time to read pages 3-6) but in pages 1 and 2 everyone kept asking about lifespans and the reson we live much less now is because God said man shall only live up to 120 years (some versions its 4 score and 8 years or something like that) ill get the verse later since i dont have time now

ttfn

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ekul08

Originally posted by RogueX
Nothing is impossible when God is involved.

Its such a great excuse isn't it really, i mean.. anything is possible when god is involved.

Or is it, a great explanation! A God who can accomplish His goals despite what appears to be monumental obstacles.

I'll say it again, people have a concept of a God who is small. We really don't know how infinite God is. We make Him out to be too little, when we should be recognizing how immense and awesome He really is!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
The next thing is that God intended to destroy all things that breathed oxygen on dry land. Seals and penguins would die, whereas Whales and dolphins would live.

[edit on 4-7-2005 by lostinspace]

and they ate ....? dead fish ? quite a challenge for fish to survive in the mixture that was the result of the flood ... and cetacean swimming in goo for over a year hmmm not sure that works

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I've always thought that when stuff like 7 days & 7 nights or 40 days & 40 nights came up in a bibical sense it wasn't meant to be taken literally, just means that whatever was being referred to took a long long time to happen.

About the flood thing, is it possible there was an earthquake somewhere nearby & it caused like a tsunami type thing to happen hence the ark?

I also saw on some tv show about how Gibraltar & Morocco were once joined by a stretch of land which held the Atlantic out of the Med region & something happened & the Atlantic broke through flooding the Med region. Possible something like this could be the flood being talked about? I know it's in the wrong area but it's not that far away & effects could have been felt in Noah's direction ???

Course it is possible old Noah found a couple of schrooms & had a weird trip, told his mate who happened to be a storyteller who wrote about the whole episode to the general mirth of all.

Would explain the weird voices about building a huge ship in the desert

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join