It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's ark ? How ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chakra blue
oh, and like god needs anyone to build a boat for him anyways, jesus, he can create the earth in 6 days and he asks an old man to build an ark. like god needs an ark! HA that makes me LOL.
i pray for the people who's god is so small.

You have to remember, this is the same God who can never seem to fund his own church. He's all knowing, but apparently he never exploits that in the stock market, because he's always BROKE!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Aren't searchers going in this year to get the nitty gritty on this thing, and settle it for good??

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I always thought a day was longer in Heaven then on Earth? So how do we know it was a day on Earth and not Heaven?

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
one questions how someone live 950 years, without massive gentic altering.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushfriend
one questions how someone live 950 years, without massive gentic altering.

Two reasons:
A) Years were done differently during the Babylonian age.
B) They were "Pure" so they lived longer.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Genesis 6:3 describes God's proclamation to destroy the world by a flood. The wicked generation would have 120 years before the Deluge as told directly to Noah. About 20 years after the proclamation, Japheth was born and then two years after that Shem was born. Sometime later Ham was born. The divine instructions to build the ark were probably given to Noah when his sons were full grown and married, putting the build time somewhere between 40 to 50 years.

The case of the seven days before the Deluge:
The animals were all loaded prior to these seven days or possibly more. Noah and his household were commanded to enter the Ark prior to these seven days exactly. God closed the door to the Ark exactly seven days prior to the flood or possibly some day right up to the Deluge.

The start of the flood was caused after the destruction of one of the planets in the Solar system.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
First off, I'd like to say that I am Christian, I don't go to church every week but I strongly believe in God. However, I think that things such as Noah's Ark and Adam and Eve are purely metaphorical, and as such are subject to interpretation. I think that Noah's Ark may have been referring to a large flood, but not one that destroyed most of the world. Maybe it was just a parable of sorts, and its meaning is hidden.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
they proved it wasnt real, if it rained 40 days 40 nights, the hydrogen level in the atmosphere would rise so high you would drown by just breathing. also, how could it rain that much, it would have to have something carry in more water, it didnt go in a loop so it had to of used all the water on earth up and more. so lets say a meteor braught more water in, then theyre wouldve been caos because of a big explosion. there were tons more stuff about it but i cant remember it all.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Seen a documentory on the latest views and after an hour of watching it, it seem to indicate the Ark must have been storing DNA in order to facilitate rebuilding of life. And that Noah was 8 feet tall, not from this planet.

Well anyway, I could understand that even an Ark 70'x30' cannot possibly hold two or three of all species expected to be living on the planet or perhaps area then.

The flood is now further speculated to have happed only withing the area and was not anywhere near world wide.

Dallas

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
There have now been found even older tellings of this flood myth than Gilgamesh. The flood myth originated with the river trade in the fertile crescent. The man we call Noah (not his real name) was a trader on these rivers, he was lucky enough to get his cargo on board just before a major flood hit. It was one of those 500 year floods, they call them nowadays. Nothing but a river flood though, caused by heavy rains and melt water from the mountains upstream.

The trader was carrying animals, grain and beer.

No Noah, No Ark, No Flood and most importantly, God was not involved.

Harte

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The Lord said,"A thousand years is like a DAY to God"--It took 6 thousand years to make earth.
The earths atmosphere and above contained MOST of earths water before the flood causing a greenhouse effect that can contain dinosaurs and people live to 1,000. The mountains were not so high and you can go anywhere on earth without crossing water. The technology back them was about as good as ours(Look at all the ancient intelligent civilizations threads-they are true).
Angels came and had babies born knowing ALL and thats how they were so exceeding in technology and with technology brings evil.
Genetic mutations were going on (In those days were GIANTS) and wierd half animal-human creations from technology that we are just recently discoving.
God flooded the earth and most of the technology is at the bottom of the 2% explored ocean or was devoured by the great geological movements that are now existent.
Moon tunnels and structures may have been these same people.
Noah had who knows how long to complete this great ship and after he was DONE God told him he has 7 days before the great falling of the skies(40 days of it).
There must have been 30-40% or more oxygen and breathing was great so brains grew better and 900 years of studying physics would make you realize a lot more than your pathetic 30-50 years that makes you feel so smart.
Discoveries of technology in Antarctica and other places are almost always gotten by governments and cover-up stories take place.
The Sun now is shining strait on us 4000 years later and we can only survive a pathetic existence of merely 100 years or so. You people think civilizations pre-flood were stupid but little do you know their extent of knowledge(Look up Enoch he was brilliant).
Genetic memory sometimes gets people like the Angel Light inventor to just dream up devices never before seen and you wonder why....
When you meet God tell him what you think if you arent too scared--im out.

[edit on 26-6-2005 by Wisdumb]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
The story of Noah is a direct lift of a Babylonian story called the Epic of Gilgamesh.

I believe that it is the other way around.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have a few questions.

Originally posted by Wisdumb
The Lord said,"A thousand years is like a DAY to God"--It took 6 thousand years to make earth.
The earths atmosphere and above contained MOST of earths water before the flood causing a greenhouse effect that can contain dinosaurs and people live to 1,000.
Where did the waters go, since, if they were recycled, we would be having those floods to this day. remember, the "seas" were separated from the " land" prior to the flood, where until this supposed incident, there were two mentions of such a volume of water.

The mountains were not so high and you can go anywhere on earth without crossing water.
Your undisputed findings/sources would be appreciated.

God flooded the earth and most of the technology is at the bottom of the 2% explored ocean or was devoured by the great geological movements that are now existent.
Your undisputed findings/sources would be appreciatd here as well.

There must have been 30-40% or more oxygen and breathing was great so brains grew better and 900 years of studying physics would make you realize a lot more than your pathetic 30-50 years that makes you feel so smart.
As with this, your undisputed findings/sources are requested.

The Sun now is shining strait on us 4000 years later...
Where, or more specifically upon what was the sun shining prior to 4,000 years?

[edit on 6/26/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
"Where did the waters go, since, if they were recycled, we would be having those floods to this day. remember, the "seas" were separated from the " land" prior to the flood, where until this supposed incident, there were two mentions of such a volume of water. "

The waters are now the ocean and ice and I don't understand what you mean by two mentions of the volume of water.

With not as much pressure on the land there wouldnt be much uprising of land like mountains under the weight of all that water pressured it.

The bible says in the last days it will be like in the days of Noah(Technology and evil like gays being legal and abortion-kiling babies by the millions)
Except one thing is he is going to end us in fire not water and for good.

With clouds miles thick all over and enough light to support life coming through there would be much oxygen because think of all the trees there would be plus huge creatures like dinosaurs.

And the sun was shining through massive cloud and water on us but now its all the ocean and antarctic ice. The reason we age so fast is our cells grow way faster in sunlight so google it up or something.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WisdumbOriginally posted by WisdumbThe waters are now the ocean and ice and I don't understand what you mean by two mentions of the volume of water.
Oh! I must have misinterpreted then, since, Noah's flood is represented in Genesis 6, while the separation of the water into one place in Gen 1:9 made a distinction between water and land, the latter just appearing out of nowhere. So what you are saying then is that he created the seas, then the oceans with the flood.

With not as much pressure on the land there wouldnt be much uprising of land like mountains under the weight of all that water pressured it.
Which land would that be? No land was mentioned until he separated the "waters of the deep" which was what darkness covered in Gen. 1:2. Are you saying that light covered the land? And prior to that in Gen. 1:1, he created heaven and earth, where the latter is what was covered by the deep? yet, Gen 1:10 clearly calls the dry land earth, and the wet stuff the seas.

The bible says in the last days it will be like in the days of Noah(Technology and evil like gays being legal and abortion-kiling babies by the millions)
Except one thing is he is going to end us in fire not water and for good.
Does it now? Gays are killing babies are they? Is that who the birth-control, and morning after pillls are solely being sold to? I did not know, thank you for the enlightenment.

And the sun was shining through massive cloud and water on us but now its all the ocean and antarctic ice.
Oh! once again. But to where did this water between our planet and the sun dissapear, obviously it would be recyclying itself continuously as like floods such as we had with Noah?

The reason we age so fast is our cells grow way faster in sunlight so google it up or something.
No, you should make the claim you provide as proof as supported by your study. You aren't relying on someone else's work without verifying same are you?

Still unanswered are:

Your undisputed findings/sources would be appreciated. Relative to your claim The mountains were not so high and you can go anywhere on earth without crossing water.

And: your undisputed findings/sources, relative to your claim

And: As with this, your undisputed findings/sources are requested, relative to your claim:

As well as is outstanding, my question: “Where, or more specifically upon what was the sun shining prior to 4,000 years?” relative to your claim:

The Sun now is shining strait on us 4000 years later...

I have a narcissistic, self-indulgent, power-crazed, megalomaniac, fundi zealot hot on my heels once again trying to reduce my all important ATS points cum air-miles/blue-chip stock tradeable points to worthlessness as my penance, because I have to constantly remind you posters what you wrote previously, and thereby keep you focused. So I would appreciate an answer to my questions within say, the next 500 times I ask them, or I just might be having to forfeit my firstborn internet son to cover the ensuing debt to some quixotic font of an internet windmill chasing fool.

Thank you much.

[edit on 6/26/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If the Great Deluge was not literal then why did first century Christians and Jesus mention the event as a warning of things to come in the future?

Jesus speaking here:
Mathew 24:36-39
"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until until the flood came, and took them all away, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be."

Notice the relationship here to the Great Deluge and Judgement Day of Armageddon.

Peter speaks of the dangers of forgetting the event of the Great Deluge when he says this:
2 Peter 2:5-7
"For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdiction of ungodly men."

If you don't beileve in the New Testament or the Old Testament then you need not worry about this warning, but if you believe the New Testament then you cannot ignore the literal account of the Deluge as per Jesus and Peter.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
"Oh! I must have misinterpreted then, since, Noah's flood is represented in Genesis 6, while the separation of the water into one place in Gen 1:9 made a distinction between water and land, the latter just appearing out of nowhere. So what you are saying then is that he created the seas, then the oceans with the flood. "

Is this sarcasm?

"Which land would that be? No land was mentioned until he separated the "waters of the deep" which was what darkness covered in Gen. 1:2. Are you saying that light covered the land? And prior to that in Gen. 1:1, he created heaven and earth, where the latter is what was covered by the deep? yet, Gen 1:10 clearly calls the dry land earth, and the wet stuff the seas. "

I meant before flood there wasnt so much water on the land and after the water fell it caused pressure and tectonic plates were formed which then collided and uprised. yes dry is land and wet is sea. Gen:9 Let the water gather into one place and dry land appear.

"Does it now? Gays are killing babies are they? Is that who the birth-control, and morning after pillls are solely being sold to? I did not know, thank you for the enlightenment. "

No no no i meant gays as one thing and the abortion another thing, abortion is all the mothers fault. Sorry for the mistake in typing.

"Oh! once again. But to where did this water between our planet and the sun dissapear, obviously it would be recyclying itself continuously as like floods such as we had with Noah? "
Think about a huge bubble of most of our ocean above and something just caused it to fall and it stayed..doesnt need to be recycled that much its doing just fine now.

"No, you should make the claim you provide as proof as supported by your study. You aren't relying on someone else's work without verifying same are you?

Still unanswered are:

Your undisputed findings/sources would be appreciated. Relative to your claim
The mountains were not so high and you can go anywhere on earth without crossing water.

And: your undisputed findings/sources, relative to your claim "

I was taught in school by my teacher that we would live longer underground or shrouded by clouds and im not telling you my teachers name and all his information. You went to highschool? Took earth science and biology? Didn't learn this? Okay well go to school if not.

The whole technology thing doesnt matter and would make your beliefs change so i dont want to be the one to do it.

Okay the sun shines pure without cloud cover on us now and before flood there was pure cloud everywhere hense the bubble of water.

Your last statment doesnt make sense but I did answer your questions and if you dont want to believe it then it is as simple as forgetting about it.
Everything you called me by in that last statment was like blowing at the wind...doesnt make sense.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Well I cant believe no one posted about how there are 2 seperate flood stories in teh bible. In high school religion class we learned about how different traditions peaced the bible together in baylonian captivity or something like that (its been awhile). What I do remember learning is how there are 2 seperate creation stories, 2 seperate flood stories, and a lot of other discrepencies but Im not going to get into them.

This is from the king james version.
Chapter 6:

And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

It says take 2 of every kind.

But when you page over to chapter 7:

Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

So which story is the exact one since we have to believe everything literally from the bible? And since it says by 7's and by 2's, 7 is not devisable by 2 so its actually talking about 7 pairs of animals. And to maintain consistency in the passage that means 2's means 2 pairs. Thats a hell of a lot more animals.

There are also 2 completely different creation stories. With a different order of creation. BUt most people dont actually read their Bibles and if they do they are trained by teh brainwashing not to question anything.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Its like just accept christ as your savior and forget about everything else except the 10 commandments that way you can just die and ask God what you want and who cares now?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wisdumb
Its like just accept christ as your savior and forget about everything else except the 10 commandments that way you can just die and ask God what you want and who cares now?

I believe that Jesus told us that the "old Law" (10 commandments) can be summed up in his "new Law", you know, Love thy Neighbor as Thyself. It is this new law that Christians are admonished to follow.

There is absolutely no shred of evidence for any global flood at any time period on this planet. Nobody on Earth ever lived to be 900 years old.

Jesus and the Apostles spoke of the flood as an example of God's wrath. It is possible that they believed the story themselves, though I doubt it.

The Bible flood story is a complete theft from the Babylonians. The time of the writing of Genesis can be reasonably nailed down. The time of the epics of Babylonia are dated somewhat more scientifically, and they predate the Bible by a longshot. The similarities between the two tales are far too great to discount.

The Babylonian myth has its origins in an uncommon flood of the Tigris/Euphrates area.

Ancient shorelines, far far older than man, have been found which tell us the amount of water in the oceans has not varied by much over a billion years. The only real variations happen during ice ages, when the water is tied up in glaciers and in the polar icecaps.

Studies of fossilized plants and animal populations show that the earth's atmosphere and the amount of sunlight available on earth has not changed much over hundreds of millions of years. There could not have been an enormous amount of water in the air at some time in the past. The amount of water vapor you describe would be enough to drown any air-breathing animal and kill all vegetation but marsh plants, seaweed and algae.

The flood supposedly covered the entire earth. You claim that the flood waters became part of today's oceans. That is not enough water to cover the earth. The ages of mountain ranges all over the world are known. These ranges pre-date man's appearance on the planet by hundreds of millions of years. Water is not the cause of plate tectonics. Plate tectonics drives the creation of new mountain ranges.

The rates of movement of the tectonic plates of the earth are known. The various plates have not been together in one stretch of dry land since long before man ever appeared on earth. Since this is a provable fact, please reconcile this factual information with Noah somehow getting kangaroos, American bison, South American sloths and raccoons on the ark.

Noah and his family do not provide enough genetic variation for a viable gene pool. Therefore if the flood myth were true, man would by now be extinct.

Isn't it possible that some of the stories in the Bible are there to teach, not to inform? I mean, Jesus used parables to illustrate points. Can you not admit the possibility that this may be the case with the flood? If you cannot admit this, please tell me why and what is your rationalization for denying this possibility.

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join