It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel should be tried for war crimes

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by socrateeze

Israel should be tried for war crimes

www.kawther.info

Israelis who authorized the use of white phosphorous in densely populated Gaza should be tried for war crimes, a British Labour Party legislator said Friday, after entering the Hamas-ruled territory with 60 European parliamentarians.
(visit the link for the full news article)

ITS A SMOKE GRENADE!!! IT MAKES SMOKE SO YOU CAN HIDE. IT IS NOT A WEAPON AND ITS USED BY EVERY ARMY IN EXISTENCE TODAY.

This is the most Anti-Semitic thread I have seen in a long time. Blame Israel for wanting to protect their troops, Give me a dam break. You Anti-Semites will come up with anything wont you.

All the while you protect Arabs that blow themselves up along with innocent woman and CHILDREN. Oh I forgot they are freedom fighters. If that were the case they would have to be HOME in Jordan, Egypt or Lebanon.

DENY IGNORANCE!! THIS IS RACISM

GOD will punish you Anti-Semites for stupid crap like this. Your helping to bring hell to all of us, Thanks.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

^ WP burns are particularly painful, as phosphorus burns slowly and cannot be extinguished by water. "DET.WP" (PDF). chppm-www.apgea.army.mil... Retrieved December 4, 2005.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

^ WP burns are particularly painful, as phosphorus burns slowly and cannot be extinguished by water. "DET.WP" (PDF). chppm-www.apgea.army.mil... Retrieved December 4, 2005.

OMG well then don't attack Israel, Especially after they were nice and gave you land that was not yours to live in. The day after Israel forced its own people out of Gaza and gave it to the Egyptian Arabs they sent Mortars and Rockets into Israel. They deserve to have been cluster bombed.

ITS CALLED WAR, PEOPLE GET HURT IN WAR YOU BABIES.

Go start a fight with the toughest guy you know, then after he beats the crap out of you complain that he poked his finger in your eye.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
i was totally shocked and appalled when i realized just how brutal Israel's attacks were in Gaza.

i see this not as something that surely must be sanctioned because of their so-called "chosen people" status, but rather exploitation of their association with GOD.

my personal beliefs don't hold with killing innocents in the name of GOD to gain control of a piece of land on a planet that belongs either to ALL of us or to GOD and GOD alone.

there's a petition on-line, to "To President and Member States of United Nations General Assembly":
Creation of a Special Tribunal to try Israeli War Criminals

it starts with:

Recalling that Israel was created by virtue of a General Assembly Resolution in 1947 against the wishes of the indigenous population of Palestine;

Recalling that the creation of Israel was achieved through the ethnic cleansing of the indigenous population, which resulted in the creation of the Palestinian refugee problem, and that more than half of the population of 1.5 millions of the Palestinian Occupied Territory called the Gaza Strip are Palestinian refugees who have become, with the other civilian population, victims of the recent Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip;

"ethnic cleansing"

isn't that genocide?

[edit on 1/17/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I am a 62 year old W.A.S.P living in the Mojave desert so this is not about religion to me. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have the states that border California deny our right to exist (okay, insert California joke here). If Arizona is lobbing missiles at us we would bring out the hammer.

If I had only one choice in a stand up gun fight I would choose to stand shoulder to shoulder with the I.D.F.

Peace...................yak055h

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Was there ever a state of Palestine? Did Israel conquer Palestine and replace it with a Jewish state?

In the Six-Day War, Israel captured Judea, Samaria and East Jerusalem. But they didn't capture these territories from Yasser Arafat. They captured them from Jordan's King Hussein. I can't help but wonder why all these Palestinians suddenly discovered their national identity after Israel won the war.
The truth is that Palestine is no more real than Never-Never Land. ...Palestine has never existed ...as an autonomous entity. It was ruled alternately by Rome, by Islamic and Christian crusaders, by the Ottoman Empire and, briefly, by the British after World War I. The British agreed to restore at least part of the land to the Jewish people as their homeland.

- Joseph Farah, Arab-American journalist,
editor and CEO of WorldNetDaily

When Jews began to immigrate to Palestine in large numbers in 1882, fewer than 250,000 Arabs lived there, and the majority of them had arrived in recent decades. Palestine was never an exclusively Arab country, although Arabic gradually became the language of most the population after the Muslim invasions of the seventh century. No independent Arab or Palestinian state ever existed in Palestine. When the distinguished Arab-American historian, Princeton University Prof. Philip Hitti, testified against partition before the Anglo-American Committee in 1946, he said: "There is no such thing as 'Palestine' in history, absolutely not." In fact, Palestine is never explicitly mentioned in the Koran, rather it is called "the holy land" (al-Arad al-Muqaddash).

In a recent speech to the United Nations General Assembly, Yasser Arafat talked of "the need to realize justice for the Palestinian people, to restore their international status and their seat in the United Nations." He referred to "our country, Palestine" and expressed the hope that it would be "restored its freedom."
The meaning of this message is clear: Palestine is a country that belonged to the Palestinians until it was invaded and usurped by the Jews. Jerusalem was the Palestinian capital now being Judaized by Israel. Justice will be served only if the Palestinians are allowed to re-establish their sovereignty in it.

That all this is unadulterated fiction has not prevented many governments from accepting it. Nor has it deterred pundits from upbraiding Israel for failing to "give back" Palestinian land.

In fact, there never has been a state called Palestine, nor have the Palestinian Arabs ever been an independent people, and Jerusalem never has been an Arab or Muslim capital. Jerusalem has had an absolute Jewish majority for more than a century (and a plurality before that), and for the last three thousand years, only the Jewish people have called it their capital....To inveigh against "Judaizing" Jerusalem is like protesting the Arabization of Cairo.

David Bar-Illan, former Executive Editor of the Jerusalem Post, in an article first published in November 1998 in the Los Angeles Times.

In what percent of Palestine does Israel exist?

Arab critics of Israel speak of Jewish migration to Palestine after World War I, neglecting to mention that there has been a substantial and continuous Jewish presence in the land for over three thousand years, and a steady Jewish majority in Jerusalem. Nor do they care to remember that when, after World War II, the General Assembly proposed to partition Palestine, this followed an earlier (1922) and illegal partition by the British which gave almost 80% of the land promised to the Jews by the Balfour Declaration to create the Arab state of Transjordan. Thus, at the time of the 1947 partition vote in the United Nations, the Jews had already been unlawfully deprived of four-fifths of their entitlement.
- Louis Rene Beres
Professor of International Law
Department of Political Science
Purdue University

Who does Palestine rightly belong to? Why do the Arabs, a nation which occupies 22 countries, also insist on occupying Palestine?

History and Background
In 1920 the world organization of nations [League of Nations] proclaimed that Palestine was to be a homeland for the Jews. Around the same time, Lebanon was made a place for Arab Christians, and Syria, and Iraq were to be homelands for Arab Moslems. In 1922 England [the occupying power in Palestine] gave all of Palestine east of the River Jordan [77% of Palestine] to Arab Moslems, forbidding Jews to live there.

Further UN estimates put the property loses of Jews kicked out of Arab countries after 1948 at 10 times those lost by Palestinian Arabs.

[In World War I] Turkey, with an expansive empire that compassed the Middle East (including Palestine) and North Africa, fought with Germany and the Central Powers against the Allies. At the breaking up of the Turkish Empire by the victorious Allies, both Jews and Arabs requested independent states. The world powers were generous in the extreme to the Arabs by granting them twenty-two independent Arabs states - encompassing 5,414,000 square miles. The Jews asked for less than one percent of that vast territory. The Allies agreed to this request (which included both sides of the Jordan) in the 1917 Balfour Declaration and the 1920 San Remo Conference of World Powers.

For imperialistic interests, however, in 1921 Great Britain reneged on the Balfour Declaration, lopped off 77 percent of the Land promised in the Balfour Declaration and set up the Arab Emirate of Transjordan. Then in 1922 the League of Nations gave Great Britain a Mandate to prepare the remaining 23 percent of Palestine (including Samaria, Judea, Gaza, Golan Heights and Eastern Jerusalem) for a Jewish National Home. But under French pressure, in 1923 the Golan Heights was ceded by the British to the French mandate of Syria. They partitioned His Land and the Lord was angry.

www.peacefaq.com...

Check your facts, Its the Jews who have been victims of Genocide more than any Arabs and taken out of their country. The Arabs never owned it legally.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Ethnic cleansing can be nonviolent, however rare it is. It's just as bad as genocide though because all you basically do is make a bunch of people homeless and in poverty.

That said,

Israel has removed some of its illegal squatters. However, you have to ask. Why should settlements be divided by race?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I would have hped Israel would have used what I went through to vindicate them and there positions of self defense. NOw that I am thrown on the streets to die of MRSA while a guy Israel set up (with the head of special warfare I was told it was fro there retirements) before 9-11 called the natural horsemanship movement....clinton anderson and parelli sell my way of training horses and i am left to die from the al qaeda message the days are pregnant and thway it goes here with sherif giusto familly making sure i die of mrsa to protect the recrding of the guy who asked me to work for osama bin laden.. ya they should be tried or they wouldd have used me in a good way ond not let me be murdered. look at this picture and know it is from Israel.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
i was totally shocked and appalled when i realized just how brutal Israel's attacks were in Gaza.

i see this not as something that surely must be sanctioned because of their so-called "chosen people" status, but rather exploitation of their association with GOD.

my personal beliefs don't hold with killing innocents in the name of GOD to gain control of a piece of land on a planet that belongs either to ALL of us or to GOD and GOD alone.

there's a petition on-line, to "To President and Member States of United Nations General Assembly":

it starts with:

Recalling that Israel was created by virtue of a General Assembly Resolution in 1947 against the wishes of the indigenous population of Palestine;

Recalling that the creation of Israel was achieved through the ethnic cleansing of the indigenous population, which resulted in the creation of the Palestinian refugee problem, and that more than half of the population of 1.5 millions of the Palestinian Occupied Territory called the Gaza Strip are Palestinian refugees who have become, with the other civilian population, victims of the recent Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip;

"ethnic cleansing"

isn't that genocide?

I was in germany before 9-11 and asked to work for osama bin laden buy andy schneider a as it seems now mossad operative. he said before 9-11 if someone does not do something the arabs will run us over..too many.. after while in palma de mallorca spain martin bergman sent some boys to tak to andy and see what was up for real.. after he looked at me and said,,... if george w bush did not do 9-11 the arabs would run us over.. so ya they are murdering all they can to diminish the population it has nothing to do with muslim everything to do with genocide of the ARAB!!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Was there ever a state of Palestine?

there were people, who were not Jews, who lived in that place for centuries before the UN decision to create Israel.

it doesn't matter if there was an official "state of Palestine" to qualify the worth of human life and the quality thereof.

just technicalities, IMO; attempts to justify the unjustifiable.

Did Israel conquer Palestine and replace it with a Jewish state?

define "conquer"

how did the Jewish people first acquire the land in question?
when it was occupied by the previous occupants, how did it come to be owned by Jews?

do you know?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Ethnic cleansing can be nonviolent, however rare it is. It's just as bad as genocide though because all you basically do is make a bunch of people homeless and in poverty.

it's bad no matter what.

who's to say that any particular ethnicity is not worthy of the same opportunity to live and flourish upon this planet that we all share, as the human race?

who's to say who can stay and who must go?

i say only GOD can say that.
and if GOD made us all different in the first place, why would it suddenly be no longer acceptable?

and if there is no belief in GOD, then what's the premise, anyway?

LIVE AND LET LIVE
(and hopefully your neighbor will feel the same way toward you*)

*that "you" is not aimed at you, Gorman91, but rather in general.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

it starts with:

"ethnic cleansing"

isn't that genocide?

Could you really be any more of a hypocrite? Do you know what ethnic cleansing and genocide are? Apparently not! Both of those terms mean targeting and killing a specific race of people with the intent of eradication.

You could say that the palestinians were forcefully evicted from "their home" but even that is far from true because israeli jews lived there way before islam was founded, almost a millenia before. The unholy roman empire had evicted many israelities because they caused problems for them and thus were forced to spread throughout the world. No one liked jews because they crucified jesus and were shrewd business men but how that can possibly make them so unpopular is beyond my comprehension.

It takes an ignorant fool(putting it mildly) to believe jews, aka zionists, are responsible for the world's ill. The world was very sick to begin with and even if every jew got annihilated(which I am sure some would love to see happen) people would still go at it because that is human nature.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

there were people, who were not Jews, who lived in that place for centuries before the UN decision to create Israel.

Stop propagating misinformation. The UN did not decide to create Israel. There was no UN before 1945. Jerusalem and surrounds were predominantly Jewish with minorities of Christians and Muslims as well. Jews had lived there since time immemorial. Muslims came in vast numbers as the developing agricultural economy beame one of the few opportunity places in a completely destitute region fo the world.

Starting in the 19th Century, legally immigrating Jews supplemente3d the native Jewish population and bought large tracts of essentially desert land at extorted prices from Muslim landowners mostly living in Egypt at the time.

The British had taken control of the entire region designated Palestine from the Ottomans in 1919 and agreed to hand this 1% of the territory to Jewish control who were already there and making it functional economically. In fact reneged on their negotiated agreements only giving the Jews 23% of the land, the rest to Muslims.

The story of Jews stealing the territory from native Arabs has no truthful historical basis. Attempts to push this propaganda reveals an overt racism that likes to masquerade itself with self righteous indignation. Another excuse to condemn Jews for something that did not do.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

The British had taken control of the entire region designated Palestine from the Ottomans in 1919 and agreed to hand this 1% of the territory to Jewish control who were already there and making it functional economically. In fact reneged on their negotiated agreements only giving the Jews 23% of the land, the rest to Muslims.

Contrarily, the British were obligated by agreement to grant that area to the Arabs after they agreed to help the British fight the Ottoman empire. Remember Lawrence of Arabia?

The story of Jews stealing the territory from native Arabs has no truthful historical basis.

The Transfer Agreement was a good start of the big picture to bombard the area with population. Then the Irgun Brotherhood terrorized the british with Bombing the King david hotel and other terrorized massacres. This along with the discover of the Holocaust is what pressure the Western world to grant the Area the State of Israel. Which has been growing illegally ever since.

Attempts to push this propaganda reveals an overt racism that likes to masquerade itself with self righteous indignation.

I could say the same thing about you.

Another excuse to condemn Jews for something that did not do.

Again, on the contrary.

AAC

[edit on 17-1-2010 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Ive noticed *objectively* that the ones claiming you are anti-semite, are really racist against mulsims a lot of the time - i don't get that?

I still wonder why the mossad don't go covertly into gaza and eliminate the problem, i mean, mossad is pretty hardcore? so why use WP?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
the British were obligated by agreement to grant that area to the Arabs after they agreed to help the British fight the Ottoman empire. Remember Lawrence of Arabia?

Sure. Though Jews were maybe 3% of the Middle East, Christians 5-10%, Sunni Arabs and Shiite Iranian Muslims were given control of 99.8% of the region. They're fighting Israel because they want that 0.2%. Greedy maybe?

The Transfer Agreement was a good start of the big picture to bombard the area with population.

Wow, this is supposed to prove anything? Because a lunatic fringe hate site with idiotic NWO/Nazi/Zionist BS says something doesn't make it true. Try reading a history book instead of Googling for fruitcake theories.

Jews did what they could to pressure Britain into allowing more immigrants to flee the Nazis during the war and fought hard to ensure the promised Jewish state was created. Remember dozens of new countries were created after WWII. The Jewish request was not unprecedented and in fact relatively tiny with no resources attached to it.

Notably Israel and Britain kissed and made up. The Arabs even after a series of unsuccessful wars can't deal with the reality that they don't control absolutely every inch of land in the region.

Screw 'em.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

It doesn't matter who gave what to who. The israelis have intermidantly occupied that area for almost 3,000 years. That is what matters!

Nomadic palestinians started settling there after the dispersion of israelis from the unholy roman empire. Arab palestinians came much later, approximately 6-7 a.d.

Twisting the facts helps no one. Conversly it makes arab palestinians think they are entitled to be there when they are not. That prolongs the conflict and may even set-off WW3 as everyone starts picking sides for their own self-interests.

The best thing for them would be to leave israel alone and go to friendly neighboring arab countries where they should be welcomed with open arms. Why does this not happen?

Another solution is for both arabs and jews to co-exist peacefully within israel, much like christians do. I wonder who would oppose this solution more 1)arab or 2)jews? I think the two state solution within israel is utterly ridiculous and doomed to fail......

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

It doesn't matter who gave what to who. The israelis have intermidantly occupied that area for almost 3,000 years. That is what matters!

Yes it does matter because we live in a world where power and policy is awarded to who is the recognized leaders of the Country. That leadership and those policies are what oppresses the Palestinians and stifles foreign policy globally.

Nomadic palestinians started settling there after the dispersion of israelis from the unholy roman empire. Arab palestinians came much later, approximately 6-7 a.d.

Irrelevant to the discussion. Unless you are only understanding your own beliefs.

Twisting the facts helps no one.

Touche'

Conversly it makes arab palestinians think they are entitled to be there when they are not.

Arguably. They lost many lives sacrificing for the British during WWI. They did it under the pretense that they were securing their land.

The best thing for them would be to leave israel alone and go to friendly neighboring arab countries where they should be welcomed with open arms. Why does this not happen?

The fact that you even had this suggestion suggest you have a twisted bias against them.

AAC

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
Try reading a history book instead of Googling for fruitcake theories.

I knew you wouldn't verify if I posted that website. Theory? The Transfer Agreement was a FACT! Zionist and Hitler agreed to transport German jews to Palestine.
How can you state truth without verifying your own?

Screw 'em.

Sums your bias up perfectly.

AAC

[edit on 17-1-2010 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

knew you wouldn't verify if I posted that website. Theory? The Transfer Agreement was a FACT! Zionist and Hitler agreed to transport German jews to Palestine.
How can you state truth without verifying

What more decontextualized factoids distorting historical reality to make it appear Jews committed suicide by the millions to get a Jewish state? Does anyone in their right mind believe this kind of lunacy?

And from a site that tries to explain WWII in terms of NWO and malign Zionist plotting. Gert real! I accept scholarship from professional historians not embittered Neo-Nazis in trailer parks.

While your Googling away check on the first British appointed Muslim leader for the Palestine territories 1920s-30s, Haj Amin al-Husseini. As Grand Mufti of Jerusalem he instigated the initial massacres of Jews starting in the 1920. He ran to Berlin where he stayed through the war as paid mouthpiece for the extermination program of Jews in the Middle East. He even went to Bosnia to personally ensure the Jews there were all killed.

That's just a part of the documented linkage of Palestinians and Nazis which is conveniently ignored these days.

Arabs in the region want to kill all the Jews. It's not a secret. What do you think three massive wars attacking Israel were about? Why did they state this emphatically as their intent in these wars?

For further insights into Palestinians and their desire for a homelands check out what happened in Kuwait. Once where close to half a million Palestinians lived comprising a third of the country. Until they decided to join Iraq in declaring war on the US and Israel.

The monstrous Nazi al-Husseini's personal protege, the Egyptian named Yasser Arafat, were manipulated horribly for decades. He refused to ever make peace. They all sacrificed and died. His bank account and that of his cronies grew fatter with every setback.

That's basic Middle Eastern politics and the tragic history of the Palestinian people.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join