It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel should be tried for war crimes

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
From GlobalSecurity.org

"White phosphorus is not banned by any treaty to which the United States is a signatory. Smokes and obscurants comprise a category of materials that are not used militarily as direct chemical agents. The United States retains its ability to employ incendiaries to hold high-priority military targets at risk in a manner consistent with the principle of proportionality that governs the use of all weapons under existing law. The use of white phosphorus or fuel air explosives are not prohibited or restricted by Protocol III of the Certain Conventional Weapons Convention (CCWC), the Convention on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons which may be Deemed to be Excessively Injurious or to have Indiscriminate Effects, which regulates the use of "any weapon or munition which is primarily designed to set fire to objects or to cause burn injury to persons . . ."

10 rockets a day, everyday are launched from Gaza into Israel, yet never any complaints about that. Gaza-inians need to move somewhere else, like Jordan, where they were suppose to originally go.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
From GlobalSecurity.org

"White phosphorus is not banned by any treaty to which the United States is a signatory. Smokes and obscurants comprise a category of materials that are not used militarily as direct chemical agents. The United States retains its ability to employ incendiaries to hold high-priority military targets at risk in a manner consistent with the principle of proportionality that governs the use of all weapons under existing law. The use of white phosphorus or fuel air explosives are not prohibited or restricted by Protocol III of the Certain Conventional Weapons Convention (CCWC), the Convention on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Certain Conventional Weapons which may be Deemed to be Excessively Injurious or to have Indiscriminate Effects, which regulates the use of "any weapon or munition which is primarily designed to set fire to objects or to cause burn injury to persons . . ."

10 rockets a day, everyday are launched from Gaza into Israel, yet never any complaints about that. Gaza-inians need to move somewhere else, like Jordan, where they were suppose to originally go.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Could you really be any more of a hypocrite?

EXCUSE ME??

how do you figure what i said makes me a hypocrite?
you don't even know me, much less have any clue whether or not i have had a hand in anything that would make my words untrue.

don't be jumping on my ass like this - i did nothing to you!

:shk:

Do you know what ethnic cleansing and genocide are? Apparently not!

of course i do. i wouldn't have used them if i didn't know their meaning. besides that, the phrase "ethnic cleansing" came from the online petition.

so go gripe at the petition's author if you are going to make diversion in the name of semantics.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The Jewish people should just nuke the Islamic idiots and get it over with. I wouldn't trust a Muslim of any sect there all liars and killers. Nuke'em and let Allah and the Mohammad the mental midget sort'em out.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunchboxjunkie
The Jewish people should just nuke the Islamic idiots and get it over with. I wouldn't trust a Muslim of any sect there all liars and killers. Nuke'em and let Allah and the Mohammad the mental midget sort'em out.

From the sound of your words I would rather have anyone over you as a fellow citizen. You sound insensitive and ignorant.

AAC

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by socrateeze

Hamas ruled territory? Is this terrorist group a recognized government entity? Or do they strap bombs to thier children and consider the jews and the west a physical manifestation of Satan? This is precisely why any form of ultimate power or diety can not logically exist. And to fight wars, claim property or preform any official act in the name of a belief that cant be scientifically proven is absurd.

The reason I am pro-Israel is not because I believe that they are "Gods" chosen children. It is because they are a nation that the nation I pay taxes to helped establish. Even the fact that it was founded for refugees of an attempted genocide of thier entire bloodline is second to the fact that we are economically tied. That being said.. The establishment of the nation of Israel in 1948 and the part that America played in that is an example of what people can accomplish in times of great tragedy and injustice. Religion and faith have nothing to do with the desire to live ones life unafraid. I am truly heartsick concerning the children of war and tragedy and thier suffering, though there is a point when revenge and despair should no longer motivate you. If you are a Palestinian..Please police your own population, set up a government and come to the international table in a legitimate way. Dont let thugs and mentally ill priests of a man-made doctorine determine your fate. For as long as these cowards are allowed to hide behind good people and innocents, then good people and innocents will pay the price for the agenda of an insane few. The people of Gaza need to take a stand and fight a war that they can win.

To the folks calling for war crimes charges against Israel. You have the right to that opinion and I respect it.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to Magnumpost by Magnum007

Israel Should be praised for protecting herself from those who seek to reak havoc on all of us. If you bomb, expect to be bombed. Tit for tat. I am pretty tired of hearing about the poor people who kill others in the name of ala (or how ever you spell their gods name). If you kill expect to be killed. God Bless Israle!

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I know its sounds great to say why cant everyone just live together but in this case id have to say they cant. Israel has tried and failed miserably.

Arabs living in East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights administered by Israel since the Six-Day War of 1967. The residents of East Jerusalem became permanent residents of Israel shortly after the war. Only a few of them accepted Israeli citizenship, and most of them keep close ties with the West Bank. They are allowed to vote for municipal services. The mostly Druze residents of the Golan Heights are considered permanent residents under the Golan Heights Law of 1981. Few of them have accepted full Israeli citizenship, and the vast majority consider themselves to be citizens of Syria.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
IT has been suggested that apart from the ignorant racists that swamp this forum, there are people actually being paid specifically to foment Jew hatred.
[edit on 16-1-2010 by mmiichael]

You are absolutely correct on the propaganda part. Even the CIA previously secret report suggests Israel will use propaganda:

The most important part of the report: Territorial ambition it reflects the current Israeli policy of land grabbing and building of illegal settlements.
Soliciting of Foreign Aid: The propaganda campaign by Israel since last 60 years by Zionist. It is interesting in the report the word injustice is stated as "injustice".

The top lines accurately define the "exaggerated" propaganda by Israel for demanding and taking more territory. This page says the propaganda will be widely publicised and and exaggerated. Also interesting to note is the role of U.S.S.R.

[edit on 18-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Good luck trying them for war crimes we have as much chance as trying Blair and Bush.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Sure, the U.S. is avowed to assist and protect Israel, but the USA isn't alone. Virtually all of the free world is avowed to assist and protect the state of Israel. Whoever tries to "wipe Israel off the map" is going to find themselves wiped off the map in very short order.

Why this is so, I do not know. Why Israel is the "golden child" of the international community thoroughly escapes me. I mean, I understand the scriptures pertaining to the "chosen people" and the "House of David" — the Jews were chosen and groomed as the bloodline of the Messiah.

It has nothing to do with religion but with money and power ie, banking (Rotschild) under the guise of Jewish religion..which has deeply infiltrated US * UK. The Jewish people are used as scapegoats by a political movement called Zionism. It's the Zionist who control the Govt. in Israel, who control United States and other important Institutions not Jewish heritage people.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ruusky
You guys must be joking right? For EIGHT i mean eight years hamas has been attacking Israel there has been a lot of damage done and a lot of people killed including one of my relatives.... and as soon as Israel backfires at them the world opens their eyes again and claims that it is isrealis fault... think of it this way someone pushes you around constantly what you going to do stand there? If i would remember the site i would show you guys of all hamas damage they have done BEFORE the attack...

For SIXTY TWO I mean sixty two years Palestinians are living in a permanent refugee camp. With no perspectives whatsoever. Can you blame them for throwing stones, molotovs and selfmade bombs against a huge, hard trained and well armed Israel army? Most Palestinians are born and raised in an occupied country, oppressed by Israel.
I'm sorry for your loss and I realise it's an extremely complicated situation, but Israel can't justify its actions by calling it merely self-defence:
Every death is one too much, but if you compare the number of Israelis and Palestinians killed each year... just sad.

It would be wrong not to criticize Israel in this, I'm sorry. And that has nothing to do with an anti-semitic attitude but all with pointing out injustice.

[edit on 18/1/10 by Movhisattva]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

I think it is fair to say that the only hate bieng thrown about , is directed , rightly at the politics and policy makers in the nation, not the occupants themselves, who are as much pawns in a game, as are the militants on the other side of the border.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain

Originally posted by mmiichael
IT has been suggested that apart from the ignorant racists that swamp this forum, there are people actually being paid specifically to foment Jew hatred.
[edit on 16-1-2010 by mmiichael]

You are absolutely correct on the propaganda part. Even the CIA previously secret report suggests Israel will use propaganda:

The most important part of the report: Territorial ambition it reflects the current Israeli policy of land grabbing and building of illegal settlements.
Soliciting of Foreign Aid: The propaganda campaign by Israel since last 60 years by Zionist. It is interesting in the report the word injustice is stated as "injustice".

The top lines accurately define the "exaggerated" propaganda by Israel for demanding and taking more territory. This page says the propaganda will be widely publicised and and exaggerated. Also interesting to note is the role of U.S.S.R.

Where is the report on the massive propaganda war launched by the Arab League to deprive Jews of a homeland even though it had been negotiated decades before when the British took control of the Ottoman Empire?

The Arabs succeeded as Jew received only 23% of the land initially designated. And then Jordan seized the non-sovereign West Bank and Egypt seized Gaza. They occupied them for 20 years. There was no complaint from anyone.

Further, when the Arab League failed to oust Israel with their war in 1967, Israel actually took control of these unassigned territories and further including the entire Sinai peninsula.

Israel essentially increase fit's control of territory by 300%. But instead of keeping them they negotiated their return in exchange for peace agreements with Egypt and Jordan. Notably Egypt refused to take back Gaza.

Jewish control of land in the Middle East, 0.2% of the territory. and with no resources, has actually shrunk over the decades. They only parts controlled, the West Bank and Golan Heights, act as security buffers. The West Bank is no less the property of Israel than it is of Jordan which occupied it for decades.

Israel is the only country in history that has wars declared on them which they win, but are still to forfeit any gains.Notably there is no complaint registered about the Chinese controlling Tibet or Russians taking control of surrounding countries.

The Arab world anti-Israel propaganda has worked. People here are siding with the Arabs in their attempt to deprive Israel of anything and it's very existence. The outrage and indignation is based on in great part of fully buying into Arab anti-Jewish propaganda. No complaint is registered on how the Arabs have systematically deprived Jews, Christians, Kurds, of their homes in the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Nearly 62 years ago the Jews of the world were given a gift by the Western powers of the world namely England and the United States. It was what I term a "guilt gift" like the ring Kobe Bryant gave to his wife after being caught cheating, but this was for Western powers lack of action during the WWII Nazi concentration camps atrocities. Only problem was that this "guilt gift" was not their's to give.

Palestinians like myself have been trying to explain to the court of public opinion the injustice that was done to us...the systematic destruction (and in some cases denial) of our history, culture and indeed our very existence. And those atrocities continue today.

Understand that Palestinians are the sum total of all of the people who came to the region to conquer, pillage and control. The Babylonians, Romans, Muslims, French, Turks are all undeniably mixed in with the Canaanite bloodline. They didn't just suddenly 'appear' to spite the creation of a Jewish only country in Palestine...they were always there!

There's no denying that the Jews of Europe have an ancestral and theological connection to Palestine but so do a lot of other people, including those that never left the land know today as 'Palestinian'. This is the fundamental issue that the West, the Jewish Diaspora and indeed modern Israelis have so far been unable to reconcile, evidenced by the current political situation.

Palestine has been fractured into 3 unequal parts: Israel, Gaza and The West Bank. It's time to recognize our similarities and come together as one people.

I sincerely believe that peace in the Holy Land will be the catalyst to world peace. Let's spread the word...

"Make the Holy Land Whole!"

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Originally posted by psyko45
reply to post by socrateeze

The reason I am pro-Israel is not because I believe that they are "Gods" chosen children. It is because they are a nation that the nation I pay taxes to helped establish. Even the fact that it was founded for refugees of an attempted genocide of thier entire bloodline is second to the fact that we are economically tied.

So you support throwing good money after bad? Good to establish that right off the bat...

The establishment of the nation of Israel in 1948 and the part that America played in that is an example of what people can accomplish in times of great tragedy and injustice.

...by creating more tragedy and injustice...right? Do you have any idea what you/America did to accomplish that? What do you think happened to the people who were already living on the land that you so graciously gave away to create Israel...? Seriously, what do you think happened to them...?? [Read some of the survivors stories here]

Please police your own population, set up a government and come to the international table in a legitimate way.

Do you know who helped establish and funded Hamas? Israel. Probably with your tax dollars too, thanks. In 1988 Yaser Arafat's political party agreed to accept only 22% of what was historically Palestine...but it was refused...by Israel...because it wasn't enough. They even called it a "dangerous peace offensive".

Dont let thugs and mentally ill priests of a man-made doctorine determine your fate.

The Palestinian cause is a political one, not a spiritual one. Don't fall for the Eurocentric rhetoric "they hate us because we're Jewish".

Before the creation of the Jewish state in Palestine we lived under Turkish rule for 500 years...and (ironically enough) lived peacefully all together. Yes, peace in Palestine! Jews, Muslims and Christians all living with equal rights and freedoms, all living peacefully together. It was just like America claims to be today, a great melting pot of religions, languages and cultures...so what happened? It was thanks to a Western extremist ~political~ movement supported and funded by your tax dollars. Thanks once again...

Learn more about the history of my country here

[edit on 18-1-2010 by Abu Issa]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

Could you really be any more of a hypocrite?

EXCUSE ME??

how do you figure what i said makes me a hypocrite?
you don't even know me, much less have any clue whether or not i have had a hand in anything that would make my words untrue.

don't be jumping on my ass like this - i did nothing to you!

:shk:

Because its obvious you don't know what you are talking about!

Calling a forceful eviction "genocide" and "ethnic cleansing" is misleading and provacative. Unlike the jews of europe and especially jews of nazi germany who were killed in an industrial manner, arabs have been afforded way more respect than they deserve. I don't see many arabs going into a gas chamber or being round-up and shot on site. Do you?

You may disagree with jews reclaiming "the promised land" but gross exaggerations such as what you are pushing are totally uncalled for.

Originally posted by queenannie38

Do you know what ethnic cleansing and genocide are? Apparently not!

of course i do. i wouldn't have used them if i didn't know their meaning. besides that, the phrase "ethnic cleansing" came from the online petition.

so go gripe at the petition's author if you are going to make diversion in the name of semantics.

Maybe the online petition is TOTAL BS?! Not saying the israelities are angels but at the same time they need to defend their territory and if they get prosecuted why shouldn't hamas WHO IS ATTACKING ISRAEL ON A FREQUENT BASIS?

[edit on 18-1-2010 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

You cannot compare what happened to the Jews and others at the hands of the Nazi's to what Palestinians suffered and continue to suffer at the hands of Jews ...because they're not the same.

Here's a very eloquent Op-Ed piece from the Jewish Daily Forward from a Palestinian, to help you put it into perspective:

I know of no way to measure suffering, no mechanism to quantify pain. All I know is that we Palestinians are not children of a lesser God.

Had I been a Jew or a Gypsy, I would consider the Holocaust to be the most atrocious event in history. Had I been a Native American, it would be the arrival of the European settlers and the subsequent near-total extermination of the indigenous population. Had I been an African American, it would be slavery in previous centuries and apartheid in the last. Had I been an Armenian, it would be the Turkish massacre.

I happen to be a Palestinian, and for Palestinians the most atrocious event in history is what we call the Nakba, the catastrophe. Humanity should consider all the above as morally unacceptable, all as politically inadmissible. Lest I be misunderstood, I am not comparing the Nakba to the Holocaust. Each catastrophe stands on its own, and I do not like to indulge in comparative martyrology or a hierarchy of tragedies. I only mention our respective traumas in order to illustrate that we each bring to the table our own particular history.

The Nakba and the continued maltreatment of Palestinians is 'our holocaust'. What makes it worse is that the perpetrators of our holocaust should know better ...of all people.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nonnie
reply to Magnumpost by Magnum007

You should be careful...your ignorance is showing. If you knew what you were talking about you would know that Israel is a nation that was founded on terrorism. So when you say:

If you bomb, expect to be bombed. Tit for tat

...you're absolutely right!

Oh and also, for you information Allah is the exact same God that Christians worship in Church every Sunday and that Jews worship every Saturday at Temple.

Read up on Abrahamic Religions. Did you know Islam was seen as a sect of Christianity in it's early days...just like Christianity was seen as a sect of Judaism?

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
One people's War Criminal is another people's Peace keeper...

Also, how exactly can "Israel" be tried for War Crimes? Can "Russia" be tried for War Crimes? "England"? You can't lump members of Government with average citizens as though they are all the same. Well, you shouldn't anyway...

I'm sure many others have pointed out that there will be specific instances involved and there could and should be specific individuals brought to account for their actions.

As for "one person's war criminal" etc, it seems from an examination of the record that most of the countries in the world think Israel something of a rogue state, but the US intervenes to make sure it's never more than talk:

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join