It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

UKIP to call for ban on wearing burka

www.telegraph.co.uk

The UK Independence Party is considering a call to ban the wearing of burkas, it has been reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It depends from which perspective you look at this depends on how you would react. Are we simply following the swiss regarding their decisions or are they home grown reasons? Who knows. On a larger view i agree with the ban i see what can be avoided if the ban was in place but theres also the view from the other perspective, which leads to the question
Will your own personal choices be declined by law?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I think if someone wants to wear a burka they have the right to do so except for official documentation. Drivers licenses pictures should show your picture and be recognizable. Also passing through security checkpoints.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well if they do call for the banning of Burka's they will lose my vote, it is a piece of clothing what's the big deal?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

He added: “We are not Muslim bashing, but this is incompatible with Britain’s values of freedom and democracy.”

The newspaper said Ukip would make an announcement on Sunday describing the burka as a threat to gender equality and claiming that it marginalises women and endangers public safety because terrorists could use them to hide their identity.

He is contradictory in his statements. He says Britain values freedom and that wearing a burka is a threat to gender equality. If a woman is free, she has the right to decline gender equality (as if changing clothing provided it in the first place).

I believe that the real reason is because he believes that it endangers public safety and he should just say that. I don't think it has anything to do with gender equality.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
good it needs banning....
its like over here in n.ireland all the terrorists walking around with balaclavas on ..
imagine turning up for your driving license photo with a hood on?...
its worse than a joke as the joke is on western country's who put up with this crap

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I vote for the ban !

ban the ninja suits every single one of them

Watch the muslims do riots in London
probably burn cars tooo

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
That's me never voting UKIP again.

What people forgot, in France, all religious items of clothing and jewellery are banned in public. The French Republic has a strict laïcité. In my opinion, if we restrict and deny the burka in public then; crucifixes, skull caps, turbans and other religious displays should be banned too.

UKIP are simply appealing to the old fashion religious persecution of the English 18th Century.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just to add a little perspective to UKIP's demand to ban the burka. They're a mickey mouse outfit when it comes to political power. They currently represent 4% of the public according to recent polls. The BNP has more clout than these guys.

In essence, I'm trying to say that they could demand anything they like, but nobody's listening and they cannot effect change in the UK.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Im seeing this from 2 perspectives here, well probably more than that,
If UKIP does introduce this then i can see that imideatly it will be classed as racism. I totally agree with the ban and fully understand why its considered to be implemented. I also see that its stepping on the toes of human rights and that they should be able to wear what they will. Heres another take though. If a ban was to be fully opposed then maybe make it law for those that follow that faith to enforce them that they must wear them. So then all of those wearing them are infact made to wear them as its "that important" to their beliefs.
If the government does ban them then they should be given the choice.
surely theres a law that states if you plan to live in any country you must live within the laws of that particular country?
If a person or persons cant agree to do this then have them leave its as simple as that and it cant be called racism etc etc because its your own choice wether you follow the laws if you dont then find somewhere else, theres nothing wrong with that is there?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think we should have the discussion, so at least the air is clear where most Brits stand on the issue.

It just frustrates me deeply that none of these issues end up with any kind of resolution, they just rumble on as playthings of the establishment.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
good it needs banning....
its like over here in n.ireland all the terrorists walking around with balaclavas on ..
imagine turning up for your driving license photo with a hood on?...
its worse than a joke as the joke is on western country's who put up with this crap

why do devout muslims who want to dress their women in burkas want to live in western countries? if they do not trust their own women, how can westerners trust them? if a western man sees a muslim womans bare knee, or bare shoulders, or her face, he does not rush over to have sex with her, or even think about having sex with her. it is so common in western culture to see this, that western men don't even look twice, or become aroused.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Ban the Burka? Fat chance.
I believe UK will be an Islamic nation in 30 years time. Immigration and birth rate will see to that. If you want to hold back the tide, it's your patriotic duty to go forth and multiply immediately

[edit on 16-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by enca78
I also see that its stepping on the toes of human rights and that they should be able to wear what they will.

human rights???
i do not have a human right to go out in public naked in the summer. wearing of a burka is not a human right.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
I believe UK will be an Islamic nation in 30 years time. Immigration and birth rate will see to that. If you want to hold back the tide, it's your patriotic duty to go forth and multiply immediately

i'm wondering how many muslims have to have a seat in the house of commons before they can start changing the laws of britian?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

LOL. had to laugh at that... in my county we have 17 mosques, most are converted 3 bed houses, a couple are ex-factories and 1 purpose built. I think the total is about 1 - 1.5% of the population.. They got to do a lot of multiplying then... and will definatly be to tired to do any conquering.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Studies done indicate that most women wearing the burka in western countries would prefer not to, but are subject to pressure from people within their Muslim communities. For the sake of these women, the wearing of it in countries such as Britain, Australia and America should be banned, just as it has been in France.

We don't tolerate the cruelty of female circumcision, despite some Muslims insisting it is a necessary part of their beliefs, so why should we tolerate the the sad, unhealthy imprisonment which is the burka?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Sure - like we use the Euro

Fat chance my friend - we have had immigration in this country since 1066 - over my dead bosy will this nation adopt sharia law - we would have a civil war to end all civil wars - it really would be a case of last one out turn out the lights

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
...you call the BNP racist? and then UKIP of all people do THIS...well, i'm voting for the former, i'm not racist, and I am entitled to my opinion. it is also sickening that anyone who supports the bnp has been rideculed to the point of losing their jobs (teachers, police etc) enough repression, vote bnp this march.

if labour win, i will move to africa.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KKinsane2009

Im with you brother - long time ago the BNP were racist now i think they just speak for the nation. Im fed up with liberals selling my nation - its m country and about time we stood up for what Britannia is about. God knows America is proud of its nation hood - isnt it time we were?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join