It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribulation in 2012!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Unfortunately, you're adhering to the idea that jesus' message(s) are relevant or wanted by some people.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
Unfortunately, you're adhering to the idea that jesus' message(s) are relevant or wanted by some people.

true, however whether a message is relevant to a person (by their opinion) or wanted isnt really all that important is it?

the more important question is whether or not the message is true is it not?

if jesus is infact "returning" and its going to start a spitstorm the likes of which we have never seen before, then its not really going to matter if we want to believe it or not.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Sorry to tell you this, but the tribulation concept and Idea was the brain child of women during the 1800s that was taken out of context and bastardized by religious groups and later it became kind of a foundation to fundamentalist..

The whole entire concept is a hoax and has been one for over a century.

Don't believe me? is some threads here in ATS that explain the entire birth of the so call tribulation.

Have fun researching.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Yeah, it's just more gross hubris on the part of christians...

Yes, jesus did (probably) exist - son of god? What god?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I find it interesting that some Christians think they won't have to deal with the tribulation, are they in for a shock. Again, it tells me they don't know what the bible really says about this time period.

Matthew 24:21-22

For then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.
22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.

It gets so bad God is forced to intervene or else all of humanity would be destroyed, UNTIL that point christians will have to endure the tribulation just like non-christians.

As for 2012, most likely not.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Sorry to tell you this, but the tribulation concept and Idea was the brain child of women during the 1800s that was taken out of context and bastardized by religious groups and later it became kind of a foundation to fundamentalist..

The whole entire concept is a hoax and has been one for over a century.

Don't believe me? is some threads here in ATS that explain the entire birth of the so call tribulation.

Have fun researching.

Right, its an American thing, more acurately, the term fundamentalist is connected
directly with the American Biblical Congress held at Niagara, NY, 1865. It insists on
five points; verbal inerancy of Scripture, divinity of Christ, virginal birth, vicarious expiation,
bodily resurrection at time of second coming of Christ.

It demands a reading of the Bible that rejects all questioning and critical research.
By refusing to take into account the historical character of biblical revelation it makes
itself incapable of accepting the full truth, and often historicizes material which from the
start never claimed to be historical.

It does not take into account the development of Gospel tradition, but naively confuses
the final stage of this tradition (what the evangelists have written) with the initial
(the words and deeds of the historical Jesus.) Fundamentalism misrepresents the call
voiced by the Gospel itself.

It accepts the literal reality of an ancient, out-of-date cosmology because it is express in
the Bible. A non-critical reading of certain texts serves to reinforce political ideas and
social attitudes that are marked by prejudices contrary to the Christian Gospel.

It refused to admit that the inspired word of God has been expressed in human language
and that this word has been expressed, under divine insjpriation, by human authors
possesed of limited capacities and resources, and not dictated word for word by the
Spirit. In this way it escapes any closeness of the divine and the human.

These denominations have no history in Christianity prior to the sixteenth century.
But unfortunately, they seem to have the loudest voice and many people mistakenly
assume that this is what defines Christianity..

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Yeah, it's just more gross hubris on the part of christians...

Yes, jesus did (probably) exist - son of god? What god?

i see what your saying, but thats for another thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I always say that I'll be a skeptical observer of 2012. That means, I don't believe or disbelieve it. It also means I'll be prepared if it does happen. NASA seems to think our grid will be knocked out by solar flares which would put our country in the dark ages.... if not the whole planet. Rather than just natural disasters, this social disaster would be a perfect recipe for the anti-christ Beast to take the lead and set order in the world.

As for the "rapture".... boy are you in for a shocker if you haven't known already. It says the faithful (not all) christains will be protected for 3 1/2 years until Jesus returns. This doesn't mean they will be whisked away in the clouds of heaven. The actual Rapture takes place with the first resurrection which happens AFTER Jesus returns. The 2nd resurrection happens 1000 years later.... after the mellenium of peace. All will have their genuine chance to repent before God... but only the fully faithful followers of the truth will be in the wilderness, safe from Satan's wrath and God's judgement.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

I take it you're addressing the whole of ATS here?

Nope, I don't think the tribulation will be happening.

The tribulation has already begun. Mankind is just a frog in slow to boil water.....can't feel the heat yet.
No it has not, the Tribulation begins with a 7 year peace accord that Israel will sign with the Antichrist and his NWO. Which he will break in 1,260 days, or exactly 3 1/2 years.

The Tribulation will start when his pen hits the paper, and the "Great" tribulation will happen 1,260 days from that date when the antichrist sets himself up in the holy of holies and proclaims himself to be God. The "abomination that causes desolation."

Heck, we don't even yet have a 3rd Jewish temple built for the antichrist to defile! It's soon on the horizon, but to claim we are already in the tribulation is ignorant of quite a few prophetic verses IMHO.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
You folks do realize that the Mayans said Dec. 21, 2012 would be the end of an AGE..

they never claimed the date to be for the end of the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join