It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dunkirk the real story

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Dunkirk the real story

Thanks for posting this. I've read this and many other accounts.

I believe the best way to describe those perilous events would be the result of the "Fog of war...."

There were so many contributing factors that it would seem that there was the hand of providence involved. There is of course no way to prove it.
. Suffice it to say the events leading up to and beyond are now history. The British carried out what could only be described as a Herculean rescue effort and the Germans failed to capitalize on their faltering.

The rest is as they say History.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Had you been alive in Nazi germany during the 1930's and 40's what would you have been doing? I, for one,, cannot judge others by whatver political circumstances they find themselves under. Those are things we cannot know unless we find ourselves under similar circumstances.

yet another nazi appologist.............sad how very sad.....

Your stark view of the world in black and white leaves no room for humanity.
I'm not a nazi apologist; I never said the holocaust didn't happen. I'm trying to point out that history is made by individuals, some good, some bad. But not everyone who was a German or a Nazi was necessarily evil.
It seems almost every modern nation has had it's own holocaust; America wiped out the native Americans, England subdued the natives in India and many part of Africa, Russia had the Stalinist purges and the Ukrainian famines. Show me the country that hasn't at some time persecuted some ethnic or religious group. Even Switzerland had an anti-semitic purge during the middle ages.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Dunkirk was indeed a miraculous event to the British during that very dark time. Without those 300,000 soldiers Hitler very well may have invaded England and won.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Asktheanimals]

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Islam is antichrist and anti God. All will be given a chance to convert, even islam......doesnt mean I dont "love my enemy"....there are many who will be killed so they can be sent to be judged before God....

Why would I want to spend eternity with a bunch of bible crazy hippies? All religions say the same thing about their side being the truest and going to heaven. Even the psychopaths that distort religions who claim they speak thru' god - Ayatollah Khamenei one example - all claim the same thing except their side has become even fewer in numbers.

Every "suicide" bomber knows the truth. Don't confuse "love thy enemy" with not sending them to God....

What kind of moronic preacher tries to relate psychopathic behaviour to who is most righteous to go to heaven and play bingo with your "god", until your "god" decides he's bored of you too!

The facts based on actual evidence define the history, not speculation based on religious faith. And the remaining french who stayed behind played a vital part in buying time for the allies to retreat to Britain. Along with stretched German lines, bad weather, and the unpredictable nature of Hitler's tactics.

The usual "I prayed therefore it rained" argument doesn't have merit, unless it only ever rains after prayers.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Without those 300,000 soldiers Hitler very well may have invaded England and won.

And how many german's would have died if Hitler could have made a more aggressive attempt to eliminate them?

History would have changed for both sides dramatically with possible repercussions equally as bad for the nazis - Two I can think of are: 1. The US nuking the Nazi's. 2. The Russian's controlling all of Europe.

Or even worse for the west - the nazi's developing nukes first with more resources at their disposal and then nuking the US and/or Soviets and then taking over the world.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Why would I want to spend eternity with a bunch of bible crazy hippies? All religions say the same thing about their side being the truest and going to heaven. Even the psychopaths that distort religions who claim they speak thru' god - Ayatollah Khamenei one example - all claim the same thing except their side has become even fewer in numbers.

you are correct, pretty much all "religions" are fake. Faith in God is a way of life not a religion. Abraham, and Moses didnt follow a "religion", they worshiped God. Jesus didnt follow a religion, he did his fathers will 'perfectly".....Christ spoke against the religious fakers of his time and taught faith in God.

True faith in God is DOING his will, following his commandments.

When the entire nation of england offered prayer, God answered......to be ignorant of this FACT is sad.....

When you look out into life around you see 'the world"......I see the hand of God everywhere, in all things......smallest to greatest......life and death......

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

It has often been wondered why the Germans did not pursue the British to the coast, but Hitler overruled the wishes of his Generals, and would not proceed until infantry reinforcements had been brought up to the Dunkirk area

Hitler had been fighting in WW1, as a decorated corporal earning the Iron Cross, and the prime objective of the German generals back then was to siege France to avoid a two front squeeze between France and Russia, before Germany would march towards Russia. It was a purely strategic choice Hitler made, resting uppon ancient German war tactical plans. With control Westwards (ie. France) Hitler would be able to put his focus towards Russia (or USSR), which also explains how Nazi Germany bought time by agreeing upon a sease fire or alegiance with Stalin, but only until Hitler had enough idle troops and control over France to advance Eastwards in his quest for world domination. I have stories about Germans too. Our God sees not colour of flags, he sees good men. And many Germain officers and troops were good people, serving their regiments' true and good ordeals.... War pulls out the best and worst of us. Yes of all of us..... See you crying by Starnford Bridge any day.... But it's better this way. Time and time again. One day we'll march in side by side with some of our enemies

[edit on 17/1/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join