It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Businessman sues BA 'for treating men like perverts'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You ask a another stranger to come with you.

EMS like behaviour.

Hey, there is a lost kid. You, go find security. Hey, if you have a phone, please call the security desk.

This isn't NEW stuff. People have ignored lost children forever. Only a couple of people actually stop and help the child, the person on the side of the road, etc. Most people do not and NEVER HAVE helped in those situations.

It is really nice that people think that everyone used to help. They didn't and don't. Most people mind their own business, and the few do the good deeds. And you think it is everyone do to the effect of the few people.

The opposite applies. Not everyone is a perv, but a few make a large mark on society.

Most people are just here. They don't help. They don't try. They don't do too much bad. They don't do much good. They just exist.

Originally posted by StevenDye

Originally posted by mikeg2222

What is one supposed to do if like u are in a shopping mall and happen find a kid lost and no one there - the only thing you can do is keep walking!

There was actually an experiment like this done on British television some time ago...

A child was left standing in the middle of a busy shopping centre whilst his mum stood in a shop (in the childs view so he would not become distressed) and the film crew secretly filmed the child to see what would happen.

Now it took a hell of a long time before a man dared to ask the child if he was okay and try to take him to a shop worker... and when interviewed the man said that he had seen the child and thought he looked lost; yet waited a distance away for a few minutes in hope somebody else would try to help the child. He had been scared to come and help a young child because of the paranoia... our children are no safer today than they were before, if anything we are giving the real child molesters a better chance because no innocent man dares try to help.

And worse than that, whilst we are trying to gague whether the child is lost or not, hanging back a bit, we really do look like child molesters watching a child, even though in reality we are doing it for the exact opposite reason.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I sympathize with you. I was the victim of childhood sexual abuse by a pervert as well.
Only in my case I was a male molested by a woman. However I do not blame or suspect all women.

Have you considered blaming your guardians responsible for your unsupervised childhood as well?

I did.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Do most males have to EVER think about where they walk? Where they sit?

At most, most of you ever have to worry about is the guy looking for a fight.

You have some freaking nerves thinking that you have ANY qualifications to advise women or children on these matters.

What once or twice in your life after a chauffeured childhood you EVER have to think about something like this. And when you do it is usually as a joke.

You NEVER have think about these things. Never have to think about taking the stairwell, or that a large truck is blocking your vehicle. When you go out, if you have children, generally you have another adult with you.

No guy ever tries to trap you against a wall while seeming "nice," nobody ever "accidentally" feels you up in the train.

NERVE.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sure. However, lack of supervision or not, pervs find their openings.

This is like military strategy. Better defense often works - and sometimes leads to more creative offense.

Blame lies primarily with the person who does the bad thing.

That's how these people get away with stuff too - they play on other adults shame about their bad decisions to keep themselves from being outed.

The primary blame lies only with pervert.

Then let us look closer at this - the intent of the people on this thread is that parents SHOULD NOT be concerned about these things. But then, they should also hold blame for not being concerned about these things. They are to blame for being mean to strangers, AND they are too helicopter, AND they don't watch enough, AND they should be blamed for what happens if something does happen.

How does that make ANY sense?

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
reply to post by Aeons

I sympathize with you. I was the victim of childhood sexual abuse by a pervert as well.
Only in my case I was a male molested by a woman. However I do not blame or suspect all women.

Have you considered blaming your guardians responsible for your unsupervised childhood as well?

I did.

[edit on 2010/1/17 by Aeons]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You should contact your local law enforcement and start helping them catch these pervs. I mean obviously you're some kind of a perv magnet with all kind of known pervs tracking you while the local news is putting information about them out to the public.

But seriously, thanks for making my point. Try to avoid flying, you don't want to endanger your fellow passengers by setting off some perv that might be on the plane.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
That is exactly what many societies have done. Bunker women into situations to have it so that they do not "provoke" these people.

Ever think about WHY so many societies do that? It is usually in the misguided attempt to protect them, that then becomes entrenched as a cultural meme.

Billions and billions of women.

But you think what I am describing is paranoia.

Or, you are a male who NEVER has to think about this stuff, and you have been protected like a sweet baby your whole life from your parents to your societies police works. And this makes you think that the experience of what defines the lives of several billion women is somehow odd.

It isn't my experience that is odd. It is your pampered, chauffeured, protected and patted experience that is.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I started off with an empathy for your posts. Based on what you say has happened in your life, it makes sense that you don't trust men. I know there are bad guys out there. We all do. I work with neglected children and know what can happen. Women abuse as well.

It's extreme and disturbing. It doesn't mean all women or men are to be distrusted. Your anger at men is *your* problem and one that you'll pass on to your kids. That's a form of abuse too. So enough with 'NERVE.' You're just part of the BS that's generating the paranoia we all have to live with. Reasonable care is something we owe our children....instilling paranoia is bad parenting.

Molestors, abusers and sexual predators are a very small minority. I hate those #ers with a passion like yours. The kids I know that have known abuse are beautiful, damaged people. They learn to trust again by not thinking every smile or kind word is deceitful. Don't let the # that's happened to you define you and try to stop hating half of the human population.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
What is better than my honest opinion? It is just that, my honest opinion.

Granted, but it's opinions like that that could get you moved or probably thrown off the flight altogether and investigated as a child abuser.....sorry, "alledged" child abuser. Would that be fair seeing as it's just an opinion?

Why? Because I think that other people's little diaper fillers are annoying?

Understood, but "daiper fillers" would not get put on a plane and sat on their own next to a stranger would they? They would be with at least one parent or guardian (I hope).

What I want to do, and what I would do are two completely different things.

Not by the rules of British Airways. If it is a possibility then preventative measures might be taken regardless of what the evidence or reality is, and it would be because you are a man.

I think that they marketed this wrong, instead of painting guys to be bad, they should have told the guys that this was an effort to relieve them of the annoyance that could be caused by someones child sitting right next to them and going off like German Kid on YouTube.

Concealing discrimination with a false reason is still wrong, but I understand your point. I wonder if they'll use that in their defence?

This was not "marketed" by the way, and has only just come to light due to the keen observations of an individual who is the VICTIM of the hidden sexual discrimination.

I'm sorry if I said anything to offend you but the whole point of this story is that people (men) are being sexually discriminated against with no justification for the decision and some members seem to think that's OK.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I am not angry at men.

I pay attention to my surroundings. As ANY male does when he is in the presence of another male. You castigate ME for something that you do AUTOMATICALLY every time you enter a room. On me it is paranoia. On you, it is .....what?

Read again. I have clearly stated that this is a small number of people.

But that they are prolific, and around.

When you are busy with your book and your ipod, they are looking for their next opportunity. So what you see as a situation of boredom, they see totally differently.

I have nothing but the deepest affection for men.

Predators are a whole other ball of wax, and being the most pampered males on the planet has somewhat coloured your views.

When it comes right down to it - you are one person travelling with two children. Do you want your child sitting next to a guy or a gal?

Your child is lost in the mall. Do you advise your child that they should approach a lone 24 year old male, or do you advise your child to ask the Mommy for help?

It is discrimination.

And you should direct your energy at WHY it is so. The solution isn't to put your children in harms way to protect your fragile ego.

The solution is, to figure out why it is that perverts are ubiquitous and have enough free reign in society that they are causing you problems.

Ever think about blaming the PERPETRATORS? Or is it just easier to be angry at women, children and corporations?

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Your child is lost in the mall. Do you advise your child that they should approach a lone 24 year old male, or do you advise your child to ask the Mommy for help?

It is discrimination.

The discrimination was in your post...

A LONE man...and a MOMMY. What about a man pushing a pram aorund with his kid and a lone woman....in that case I'd want my child (if I had one) to go to the man.

It isn't a question of man or woman...it is a question of go finding the person with their own kids.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join