It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti, hell on earth..why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Please explain why god punishes the innocent? Don't give me that "he works in mysterious ways' garbage. It is not very nice to drive people away from Jesus by spewing ignorance. In the name of God, you and Pat Robertson need to be silent.

Pat Robertson is a false prophet, but he semi-nailed this one.

Unless you know of someone that has never lied, stolen, blasphemed, lusted, coveted, dishonored their parents..., we are ALL guilty, and deserve punishment. I believe that God uses these disasters to wake people up fro their self centered slumbers. It never fails though, instead of survivors thanking God that they are still alive and well, they complain, and continue in their wickedness. Most people don't care enough to repent, or examine themselves, nor be grateful for life. My prediction: Haiti will be forgotten because the 'stuper' bowl will be in a few weeks, and Im sure some celebrity will break up with another one, american idol has a new season....

If you want to know what real Christians believe, I suggest you follow the trail of blood. Do you think all the Christian martyrs over the centuries were killed because they held their tongues when it came to the God's honest truth?

As for wise here that exclaim "It wasn't God, it was an earthquake cased by plate movement, get out of the stone age blah, blah, blah". Perhaps you should look into the law of cause and effect. That is unless you that think that guns kill people (not the ones firing them), it won't make sense to you.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

All I have to say about this is World War I and World War II.

Hell on earth in white Christian Europe. Millions more dead than any disaster to affect any part of Africa or any of the Muslim countries stretched from Morroco to Indonesia.

You could even combine the disasters and still fall short of the death toll of the European front in the World Wars.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The medieval idiots that seem to be quite predominant on this post, should take a step back and actually realise what they are saying. But more importantly blaming and using their own God as an excuse for their own actions and beliefs. When they know very well that their God has ultimate compassion and will forgive all of their sins, whatever those sins be.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Voodooism IS one of the major issues in Haiti, because as a faith, it provides a woefully fatalistic view of life in general. One of the worst examples of such, is that there exists no "Free Will" in Voodoo, only spirit/demon control of all life's events, as well as people's actions. This in turn has lead for any number of practitioners of such to find a blaring excuse for sacrifice, drug abuse, murder, genocide, etc. Look at 'Papa Doc" if you need anymore of an example as to the evils that the Voodoo culture has plagued upon the populace of Haiti.

To the contrast, if you see any of the Haitian churches in the Bahamas or elsewhere for example, you notice an amazing amount of hope, and glee. The Christians of Haiti, most notably the Protestants (Mostly Baptist) who completely abhor Voodooism, really know how to "Rock the House", and they worship with an amazing amount of joy and pride. They are some of the most fervent Christians out there.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

All I have to say about this is World War I and World War II.

Hell on earth in white Christian Europe. Millions more dead than any disaster to affect any part of Africa or any of the Muslim countries stretched from Morroco to Indonesia.

You could even combine the disasters and still fall short of the death toll of the European front in the World Wars.

All that I have to say to that is "Communism". It has so far killed anywhere from 80,000,000 to 100,000,000 people worldwide, and it is the pinnacle governance of "Atheism", wherein a belief in State as the "Church" is mandatory, whilst God is said to not exist.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Communism didn't cause World War One or Two, but I can throw that in the mix.

Why did the white Christian Russians have to be subjected to slaughter in the millions by communists and nazis?

World War I
World War II
Stalin

All of these horrors befell white Christians.

My point is we can't say why these things happen. We are human and we don't know.

People blame Voodoo, but most of Haiti is Catholic and most of those Catholics lived in Port au Prince.

The vast majority of those who practice Voodoo live in the rural countryside beyond the quakezone. Meanwhile Port au Prince, the National Cathedral is leveled and the Archbishop is killed in the quake.

[edit on 16/1/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Read this it might help get your head round why bad stuff happens.

www.livingwithsoul.com...

its how i cope knowing this read them all

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I think I know how the Disaster in Haiti Happened. I don't think God did it, There is no God..

I don't think any Supernatural thing had anything to do with it either.

I thought VooDoo might have had something to do with it but then I realised that VooDoo is just another "Figment" of someones imagination.

Zombies could of done it but I wasn't sure if they would be strong enough to pull this off.

I thought about it some more and I think it had something to do with the Earths Tectonic Plates, Slipping.

I think what happens is this. The Earth has Tectonic Plates. These plates are moving very slowly and then they get Stuck into a position and cannot move.. Then as these plates try to move they build up a lot of pressure and one plate may start to lift slightly while the other plate may lower slightly and then BANG, The plates become UnStuck with tremendous force and that force has to be exerted somewhere. I think they called it an "Earth Quake"..

I have another "Theory" and that has to do with Aliens, Spaceships and Ray Guns. But I won't bother you with this. I need to confirm this theory before I can say for sure...

Seriously though. Do people really believe half the crap that get's posted?

God Did It? Yeah Right...

BTW. I liked the Dark Ages. I didn't like the Bronze age much. That caused to much work to be done.. I can hardly wait until the Artificial Intelligent Age is upon us. Robots with Ai. Now that's my cup of tea.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

I just want to let you know that if your "god" was responsible for the quake in Haiti, like you claim. Then that god is an evil god. If a god like that did exist only an evil man would show any devotion to such a god.

The "enemy of my enemy is my friend". Who is your gods enemy because that is my friend.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

The only hypothesis I would buy into is that these people must have now or at least had before a very strong anti-capitalist atmosphere. The marketplace regulations must have been so strict as to be a near 100% tax rate. I'd be happy to jointly research this with anyone who has an open mind if they U2U me.

I think there are two ingredients determining any countries wealth. First would be the level of gun-point regulation in the marketplace (the less, the better), and second would be their natural resources. For example, look into starting up a new colony in Antarctica. Even under pure communism or pure capitalism you'd have one hell of a feat to pull off a successful country in that area.

So far nobody has ever taken me up on a join research effort offer for anything so I question whether any of the people who have posted here believe anything they are saying. But again, anyone is warmly welcome to research this matter with me.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well guys, it isn't too hard to figure out ... and it's got nothing to do with religion:

It takes resources to respond to a catastrophe like this. Resources like supermarkets with shelves full of food, a robust electrical and water system, and effective law enforcement. Like it or not, the vast majority of these people are quite primitive by our standards. They're not too interested in high tech gadgets, 40 hour work weeks, industrialization, and so on. They're not surfing the web from their shacks. They can't afford to build a structure that meets earthquake code, they can't support a Walmart with fully stocked shelves, they can't support a strong infrastrcture like most developed countries. Those are the facts, guys .. and this is where those shortcomings become painfully evident.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
hi there
i often read this site but have never felt the need to join or contribute.
until now.

I am literallty suffering from a wave of pure rage due to this post.

Haiti is being punished by god? really? i would suggest that before you tell other people to 'do there research' you do some of your own. Haiti is a failed state, not because of their religios views, but because of poor government, corruption and intervention from other western powers. France, for example backed the toppeling of the last government, one that was democratically elected, because it demanded reparations from france . During the Napolionic wars when Haiti gained independence and france didn't have the capability to venture over there and claim it back it was agreed that Haiti would pay reparations to france for all the slaves they had lost. yes, thats right slaves paying slave owners reparations for their lost earnings.
read more here
www.nathanielturner.com...

With regards to your full on religious ramblings about how god is punishing Haiti i say this.
If there were a god, and if, despite all his power and ability he was so petty that he felt the need to punish those who did not believe in him, that he was so petty that he refused entry to heaven for those who did not believe, regardless of how good they were in life. then he is not a particularly nice entity in any way shape or form and i for one want nothing to do with him.

also the french revolution was not solely about burning the bible, i do not have time to give you a history lesson so i suggest you go to the library and get a book or two.

rant over

j

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If we believe the reasoning that godlessness and worship of a false idol has brought about Haiti's troubles, what about the pursuit of material wealth as a false idol?
I reckon that on that basis, there are some countries that are well overdue to get 'theirs'.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Prayer to God works, prayer to satan through vudou does not......

One side of the island prays to God and is blessed, the other side to satan and is cursed.

matt 5[45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
If we believe the reasoning that godlessness and worship of a false idol has brought about Haiti's troubles, what about the pursuit of material wealth as a false idol?
I reckon that on that basis, there are some countries that are well overdue to get 'theirs'.

exactly....

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Not sure if this is brought up, but voodoo isnt actually evil, and its a blend of christianity.

The demons and devils of christianity are really just gods from other religions that they demonized.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I think this thread stinks and amounts to nothing more than using a disaster in order to promote a religion.

The reason why Haiti is so poor and such is because they have a huge debt to the "Christian" nations. You left out how much of their income goes towards paying that debt.

Because of the poor area, Earthquakes and such will be more devastating. Their structures aren't as strong and so on. Common sense. If the structures in California were as weak, California would be gone.

Thus, the combined economic conditions + earthquake = devastation.

New Orleans is similar, except that it is a city below sea level. Yet, that was also caused because of a poor levy system, and even worse response by the government. If that had been in New York, the response would have been enormous. But since it's a poor black city in the south, nobody cared. Nobody cared enough to build up the levy's properly, nobody cared after until it became a publicity stunt.

The point being, these types of events happen world wide. And the only determining factor in the destruction these areas get are the economic factors surrounding the area. Did only people of voodoo die? Did all of them die?

In terms of religion, it's really just that they are able to do such things against people of other religions and nobody will care. If the person isn't like them, then they don't care. Plain and simple hard truth of the matter unfortunately. And this thread is an example of that. Using the hardships as a way of saying that's what they get for not being like you.

They will reap what they sow, and such a religion will likely carry consequences in that manner due to what they will sow in their beliefs. But these earthquakes and stuff are of a different monster altogether.

If it happens to you, then it's just oh bad luck or whatever. When it happens to people not like you, then suddenly it's god's will because they were evil. Come on, you gotta be better than this.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Prayer to God works, prayer to satan through vudou does not......

One side of the island prays to God and is blessed, the other side to satan and is cursed.

You are deceived, friend. Voodoo is not about Satan, do some research on it before making assumptions please. And furthermore, Christianity is not, I repeat not, the only way to God! Prayer only works because of human belief that it will work, just like medicine works, and just like a spell works. Closed minds do not work well.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
[edit on 29-1-2010 by Soboro]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Prayer only works because of human belief that it will work, just like medicine works, and just like a spell works.

Okay...medicine isn't about 'human belief'...that's why placebos are part of clinical trials.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join