It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti, hell on earth..why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Due the stupid way you're gloating about Haiti, I doubt yours or any other God will be seeing you in a hurry. Even your concept of heaven has standards I hope!

With ideas like these, I'm concerned that you're operating an electrical device without supervision. Much as people that share socially corrosive ideas revolt me, I'd take no pleasure in worrying that you might have an accident. Shout down to your mom and let her know you're okay? Or shout down to your carer and ask if you're late on the meds again?

It's clear you've grasped the more malicious and vengeful aspects of The Bible Part 1 (Old Testament). Try The Bible II (New Testament). It's where God develops his empathy and celebrates charity, kindness, love and forgiveness.

If you like the concepts in there, you could be charitable to me and never post a rancorous thread in A&LC again? ThnkUbai!!

(If you are mentally ill, I do apologise and retract the sarcasm, disgust and disappointment expressed above)

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yeah and it also doesnt help that Haiti has out of control population growth for a variety of reasons........but a big reason is that Haitians are irresponsible and living like animals for the most part due to the world giving them welfare.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
3 Flags? WTF?! That even one mind can hold these ideas is bad enough...FOUR of 'em is disturbing. Hey mods? Can we do an IP check on Helios to check he hasn't got multiple IDs? It's a chore, but I can hardly breathe knowing that 4 fellow members are watching Haiti and disasters as validation for their opinions! Jeez!

Where most folk see destruction and feel a range of emotions, these weirdos think, "Ha! I told you so!" Where's a 'shakes head in sad dismay' emoticon when I need one?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Due the stupid way you're gloating about Haiti, I doubt yours or any other God will be seeing you in a hurry. Even your concept of heaven has standards I hope!

Just where am I gloating? what happened in haiti is horrible.....

And as for leaving "bible I for bible II" perhaps it is you who need to wake up..

matt 5:17

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Everything Jesus taught was from the 'old testament"....

The concept of being cursed of God is a hard thing to understand in today's misconceptions of God.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Explain to me The Wrath of God

Thats what you are preaching

What did the people in New Orleans do to bring the Wrath of God ???

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

New Orleans has been one of the most violent, drug infested, corrupt areas of the US for a long time. Not that I believe in "god's wrath" but I'm just sayin...........

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Explain to me The Wrath of God

Thats what you are preaching

What did the people in New Orleans do to bring the Wrath of God ???

the same things as haiti....

try this....

www.neworleansvoodoocrossroads.com...

www.voodoomuseum.com...

need more just google it....

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

He is not stupid, he's "religious"

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

It is based upon a merging of the beliefs and practices of West African peoples, (mainly the Fon and Ewe; see West African Vodun), with Roman Catholic Christianity, which was brought about as African slaves were brought to Haiti in the 16th century and forced to convert to the religion of their owners, whilst they largely still followed their traditional African beliefs.[2]

Vodouisants believe in both a supreme God called Bondye , and many lesser spirits, known as the loa. This had been a belief held in several west African religions such as that of the Yoruba, Odinani, and Vodun, and when it came in contact with Roman Catholicism, the greater deity was associated with the Judeo-Christian God, and the loa with the saints.

Haitan Vodou
Religions come in many interpretations and flavors, think of the number of divisions in Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, ect.
These people had every reason to reject Christianity, it was forced upon them, not given to them. And instead they adopted it into their culture, as best as they could understand it.
That it's not up to your standards, is to me at least, unrealistic.
However, that's just my opinion, and your is fine and dandy to yourself.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Jumangi]
Edit: Forgot to put everything in quotes, and closed brackets.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So I am gathering from the various comments by the OP that the god he worships, the Jesus of the New Testament, is in fact a god of blood, fire, vengeance and death. I always have trouble with Christian presentation of a god that is pure unconditional love who cares even about the sparrows who fall from the sky, but will slaughter innocent children in the most brutal fashion if someone who they don't even know pisses him off.

As one pundit noted something like "I was raised a Christian to believe that Jesus loved me so much that he would send me to hell to be torture forever if I slipped up, and that sex was so filthy and evil that it had to be reserved for someone I loved."

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Just where am I gloating? what happened in haiti is horrible.....

But you just can't help implying that because some portion of the population of Haiti practice a religion not approved of by you, and, according to you; your God, they're somehow getting their just desserts.

The natural disaster in Haiti could just as easily happened here in the US, or any where else in the world...the suffering is due, in no small part, to the corruption of humans (papa doc/baby doc, and their follow ons...).

Nothing can be done about earthquakes, or storms. Hopefully, inspite of this horrific carnage, Haiti will finally catch a break and rebuild into a brighter future.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I will tell you a true story.
A short time ago,in a foreign land far away...
A young couple, spent 4 years in Bible college, to become missionaries.
This couple had to learn a new language and customs of another country.
They were only in the country for a short time,when they were murdered.
When news of the murder,was brought to the attention of the Bible college.
Over 100 students volunteered to go into the missions field.God allowed
this couple to be murdered in order to serve a better purpose,more volunteers in the mission fields.This couple are with the Lord in Heaven.

To be absent from this body is to be present with the Lord.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Originally posted by earthdude
Please explain why god punishes the innocent? Don't give me that "he works in mysterious ways' garbage. It is not very nice to drive people away from Jesus by spewing ignorance. In the name of God, you and Pat Robertson need to be silent.

Pretty easy....God said he would...Deu 28..

15But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:

16Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.

17Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.

18Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

19Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

20The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.

21The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.

22The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.

23And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.

24The LORD shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

25The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.

26And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.

27The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.

28The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:

descibes haiti pretty well............perhaps it is you who should open his eyes and learn......

[edit on 16-1-2010 by heliosprime]

A story about Egypt thrown around like a magic spell is not very impressive to me or anyone who seeks spiritual enlightenment. Incantations from the bible are just an excuse to avoid real discussion. I pray you will see the light.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Nothing can be done about earthquakes, or storms. Hopefully, inspite of this horrific carnage, Haiti will finally catch a break and rebuild into a brighter future.

Haiti will "get a break" when they repent of their ways. This has noting to do with "justice" and everything to do with the corruption of mankind.

Again there is much confusion of human "death" as the final event. Human death is the event that brings one before God to be judged.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
A story about Egypt thrown around like a magic spell is not very impressive to me or anyone who seeks spiritual enlightenment. Incantations from the bible are just an excuse to avoid real discussion. I pray you will see the light.

The spiritually blind will always misread scripture. They see the word egypt and call t a "magic spell" rather than a description of a disease.

Real discussion in your terms must eliminate scripture. Your so called reality is n fact a realworld "matrix" spun by satan himself.

The only reality that exists is the word of God, not the mind of man....

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Haiti will "get a break" when they repent of their ways. This has noting to do with "justice" and everything to do with the corruption of mankind.

Again there is much confusion of human "death" as the final event. Human death is the event that brings one before God to be judged.

Incorrect fellow member, Haiti will get a break only when the fellow nations of the world correct the wrongs they have done in the past. My thread
would be most beneficial to you in understanding the history of this impoverished nation, and it has nothing to with devil deals and everything to do exploitation.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Okay...that fails to explain why your God (I say yours as it's a fairly deformed concept you've got there) hasn't used flood, quake, fire or famine on the White House, Downing Street, Wall Street, Sicily, Beijing or Silvio Berlusconi?!

When you turn out the lights one night, pause for a moment and consider this...is there a single moment in the New Testament where Jesus celebrates the misfortune of the poor or needy? Victims of natural disaster become both. Show a heart and stop acting like such an ###hole.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I knew this would come up one way or another.
You seem to have researched this rather well .

I say credible.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

may flag him myself just to shut closed-minded people like you up.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i always heard it was because of a mountain range that separates Haiti from Dominican Republic that causes the drought like weather in Haiti.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join