It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti, hell on earth..why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Long before this most recent event, Haiti has been hit with a series of terrible catastrophes. Hurricanes, civil unrest, yet on the very same island is the dominican republic, a vibrant and prosperous place.

Acording to wikipedia the "per capita" income of haiti is less than $1000/yr. Yet, just a few miles away on the same island the domincan republic "per capita" income is over $8,000/yr. How is this possible?

Perhaps the answer is in the people themselves.....

Haitian Vodou, a New World Afro-diasporic faith unique to the country, is practiced by roughly half the population.[62] Religious practice often spans Haiti and its diaspora as those who have migrated interact through religion with family in Haiti.[63]

en.wikipedia.org...

Half the population practices vodou.......yet some 80% profess to being christian...

Then there's domican republic....

The Dominican Republic is 95.2% Christian, including 88.6% Roman Catholic and 4.2% Protestant. Recent immigration, as well as proselytizing, has brought other religions, with the following shares of the population: Spiritist: 2.2%,[75] The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1.1%,[76] Buddhist: 0.10%, Bahá'í: 0.1%,[75] Islam: 0.02%, Judaism: 0.01%, Chinese Folk Religion: 0.1%,[75] and Dominican Vudu (no census).

en.wikipedia.org...

Notice from the same source that there is no "census" on domican "vudu' indicating it is much less dominant that in haiti.....

Perhaps thsi can explain why.....

Near the end of His earthly ministry, Christ’s disciples asked Him what signs would precede His second coming. In response, Jesus Christ listed numerous events that would signal His impending return, including “earthquakes in various places” (Matthew 24:7). The recent powerful earthquake in Haiti does not mean Christ will return tomorrow. However, it does fit with the signs Christ Himself gave for His return.

God will use powerful end-time events to get the attention of many peoples around the globe. God is “… not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9). God will use these events to draw attention to His end-time gospel that will go forth to all the world, encouraging people to repent of their sins and return to Him and His way of life.

It is God’s desire to spare people from the consequences of the sins that they choose to live in, as He is a merciful and loving Father. In the meantime, our adversary, Satan the devil, hates human beings made in the image of God and is going forth as “a roaring lion … seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8). And he is now especially angry because he knows he has “but a short time” left (Revelation 12:9-12).

www.lcg.org...

Prayer to God works, prayer to satan through vudou does not......

One side of the island prays to God and is blessed, the other side to satan and is cursed.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I have a theory. I just dont know how to word it right now without it coming off as racist. I'll just say that Haiti reminds me of some African nations

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
ok...earthquakes are NOT caused by a mythical being...corruption is NOT caused by some mythical being...you need to move into the modern era and out of the dark ages.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The Dark Ages were a good era. The righteous and pious prospered while those pests, the free thinkers, were burned at the stake.

More than 1 billion (that's 1,000 millions!!) people are Muslims, of course their lives are riddled with everyday disasters and poverty (and your oil comes from...?). About 2 billions, mainly in Asia but growing fast elsewhere, are Buddhists, more disasters and mayhem.

The facts speak for themselves.

OK, enough with the sarcasm, after all everyone is entitled to their beliefs and opinion. I think the trouble with Haiti is that, contrary to most African nations that were independent during the last 50 or so years, Haiti was independent before 1830! Having a population that is predominantly originating from former slaves (low or no education) and having to conduct its own civil "business" without the advanced experience European colonial powers had at the time, poor Haiti (pun intended!!) made all the mistake a state could make and then some more! Luck was not on their side either as they sit near 3 big faults, geological faults, that can shake them to their "core".

Add the DuVallier (sp?) "dynasty" in recent years that plunged Haiti's society to its lowest since independence and you have the mix of poverty and corruption that is only magnified by a major earthquake.

I am curious though, when "Katrina" hit new Orleans, how many attributed its effects to 'infidelity'?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I have seen a number of posts on the web trying to lay the blame for Haiti's situation (and even the earthquake) on it being a godless nation.
Frankly the fact that some folks have this view scares me much more than any NWO conspiracies.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
according to my opinion Haarp and the solar storm have caused Haiti quake

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

What scares me even more is that some people with this mindset come to power, now and then, and rule powerful countries, capable of spreading "democracy" every which way they feel they should. Maybe I should start going to church, not for fear of God but for fear of those kind of rulers?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maegnas
I am curious though, when "Katrina" hit new Orleans, how many attributed its effects to 'infidelity'?

New Orleans also a hellhole of voodoo...........! Also associated with french influences......(the french revelolution was really about bible burning)...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Please explain why god punishes the innocent? Don't give me that "he works in mysterious ways' garbage. It is not very nice to drive people away from Jesus by spewing ignorance. In the name of God, you and Pat Robertson need to be silent.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Please explain why god punishes the innocent? Don't give me that "he works in mysterious ways' garbage. It is not very nice to drive people away from Jesus by spewing ignorance. In the name of God, you and Pat Robertson need to be silent.

Pretty easy....God said he would...Deu 28..

15But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:

16Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.

17Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.

18Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

19Cursed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and cursed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

20The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.

21The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.

22The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.

23And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.

24The LORD shall make the rain of thy land powder and dust: from heaven shall it come down upon thee, until thou be destroyed.

25The LORD shall cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies: thou shalt go out one way against them, and flee seven ways before them: and shalt be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth.

26And thy carcase shall be meat unto all fowls of the air, and unto the beasts of the earth, and no man shall fray them away.

27The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.

28The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:

descibes haiti pretty well............perhaps it is you who should open his eyes and learn......

[edit on 16-1-2010 by heliosprime]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
earthdude, chill man!

God may indeed, if extant, work in mysterious ways. What is not mysterious is how the church works. While God preaches "love they neighbor", the church preaches (and enforces) "hate the ones that don't believe exactly what you do", or "amass as much gold as you can" or "scr** thy neighbor's children" or whatever. We have to distinguish, when we talk about religion, what exactly are we talking about, God or the church? They are NOT the same and they are NOT preaching the same, in essence. (what you SAY is not what you preach, when what you DO is the exact opposite!)

If the Second Coming was tomorrow, members of the clergy everywhere would be hiding under their beds (or in the deepest cave they could find), it is known that Satan's minions don't react well in the presence of God

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

You will have to explain #27 as I don't recall any Egyptians or the state of Egypt involved in the recent quake

and as for #26, I think the dead in Haiti are already being buried.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Maegnas

If you refer to the catholic church you are right.....they have little to do with God or Christ. Most TV preachers are vile money grabing whores...

Pat Robertson is mostly about the $$$ but has moments of clarity....then he always appologizes so the money will keep flowing.....

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is possibly up there amongst the worst thread ideas in ATS history. The suggestion is amoral and reflects very poorly on the intelligence and empathy of the poster.

Haitians are being punished for not worshipping God?
Haitians are being punished for following voodoo?
World disasters are the act of an angry God?
People in disasters deserve to die if they don't worship God?

Not only must the OP be mentally and empathetically deficient, this thread shouldn't even be in A&LC section. It should be dumped in the Skunkworks section cos it stinks! In the 21st Century we still have medieval idiots that believe in a malicious Old Testament God. Ridiculous. Pfffft

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maegnas

You will have to explain #27 as I don't recall any Egyptians or the state of Egypt involved in the recent quake

and as for #26, I think the dead in Haiti are already being buried.

Ok, #27 is speaking to a well known egyption disease of the time.

Any based on #26 can you say no "beast or fowl" has been eating the dead?

Do some researcg into haiti disasters and you will find many if not all of these curses have happened. The overall point is God DOES curse those who refuse to do his commandments. Those who worship false gods and idols......practice voodoo for example...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Haitians are being punished by the laws of nature. i.e. OVERPOPULATION! You can talk about god, religion, spirituality etc. The question needs to be ask HOW THE HELL has a country like Haiti been able to sustain such exponential population growth. ANSWER= THEY HAVEN"T! Hence why they are in the situation they are in.

If this earthquake would have hit in Dominican Republic you would have seen VERY different results. Haiti has been able to exceed it's ability to support and sustain itself because of world politics and global welfare. Haiti is no different than what goes on in ghettos all over America.

The world has been giving Haiti fish instead of teaching it HOW to fish. But the question arises are the people of Haiti able to learn how to fish? That is the question that Africans need to ask themselves as well. Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

One side of the island prays to God and is blessed, the other side to satan and is cursed.

What a load of tripe! Natural disasters kill whoever is in the way regardless of their religion and how they pray!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Not only must the OP be mentally and empathetically deficient,

Thank you for your love and such tollerance. Differing ideas appear to be a strange concept to you.

Arthur C Clark was a much better writer than Issac......

God does love you even if you hate him....he just wants you to wake up and see the light....(what a pun, but true).....

far too many see this earthly life as the sole existance. but in the eternity that is God, it is but an instant. mankind cant seem to grasp the idea that mans "lifetime" is insignificant.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

What a load of tripe! Natural disasters kill whoever is in the way regardless of their religion and how they pray!

To some extent you are correct....but once killed where do you want to wake up? heaven or hell......can anyone really explain the hell of haiti without seeing it as cursed?

The greater issue is america needs to wake up....for all that is haiti's hell is on its way to america.......

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
I have seen a number of posts on the web trying to lay the blame for Haiti's situation (and even the earthquake) on it being a godless nation.
Frankly the fact that some folks have this view scares me much more than any NWO conspiracies.

Unicorn, I could not have said it better myself. Thank you. Every time some disaster like this happens, and they have been happening of late, blame gets put of homosexuals, witches, pagans, abortion doctors, and all other things demonized by the Christian Right and their minions. I too tire of this, but what can we do? They too have their say. I just wish they would stop trying to back up what they says with endless Biblical quotes from an online source.

Disasters happen all over the world, all the time. there is no safe place to be. As the Earth moves into the Galactic Center, and certain planets align with the Sun, and magnetic fields of these planetary bodies begin to change, there will be much more of this, all over the world. "Every eye will see it happen." This is actually in the bible, and with our modern communication media system, every eye can see, see it as it happens on CNN, reported by a pretty woman, no doubt.

Earth, like everything else has a Cycle. Cycles operate on certain principles that some have forgotten. Here some definitions, from dictionary.com:

a round of years or a recurring period of time, esp. one in which certain events or phenomena repeat themselves in the same order and at the same intervals.

one of a succession of periodically recurring events.

Earth's cycles

Every living, and non living thing on the planet has a cycle of life. Only the Pyramids seem to have been able to prevent this, perhaps by way of their design. But take a coffe table, for instance. It was one day "born," the wood was cut and assembled together, the stain and paint was applied, it began it's life. It lived for a long time, in 3 or 4 different stores and families, then one day a child stand on it, and it "dies." Reflect upn a man/woman. One day we are born, we live our lives out, one day at a time, then one day we drop dead. A cycle have been completed here. Even Planet Earth, Terra Firma, lives in a cycle! Look back at your Earth history and this become perfectly clear.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join