It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unconscious Mind: How To Tap Into It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I've never made a thread on ATS before and i don't know what to expect.
First of all i got interested in something while laying in my bed and thinking about how the unconscious mind gives you those spark of ideas which came from no where or a gut instinct. Surely then if you learnt how to exploit your unconscious mind, you could use it for your own likings.

(NOTE: The person in this document is a writer and writes articles.)

Anyway, i found something on how to do just that.

“Here's one of the best ways to write a copy that I know:
write it while you sleep.
Here's how it works.
Assemble all the research you have for a particular project.
Read through everything. Underline. Take notes. Then don't
do anything. Just let it simmer for a few days.
I like to wait a day or two. Then, right before I go to sleep, I
begin to focus on the copy I want to write. When I wake up,
I begin to write and find that the copy I am writing is quite good.
I let everything come out. No editing. I just "catch" all the copy as
quickly as I can.
Often, I write an entire letter in this fashion. Sometimes, it is the
lead or the close.
By "writing while you sleep," you'll find that you can write really
great copy in much less time

Unconscious Document

Did you know Thomas Edison was famous for creating inventions
and solving problems while he slept? He worked the craziest hours,
all times of day and night. Whenever he ran into a problem, he
would take a nap. When he awoke, he nearly always had the
answer. Next time you have some copy to write, give this technique
a try. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

Hey mate, nice first thread!

That's quite interesting, not too surprising that our subconscious should continue working on problems once we physically shut down.

It could be handy, I wonder if there are ways to develop this? I'll try it the next time I come up with a suitable scenario.

I'll be keen to know what others think!

Have your first flag mate!

All the best, Kiwifoot!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Thanks for the good comment kiwifoot and thanks for my first flag!
. I will be back checking my thread in a couple of hours to see if there has been any interesting feedback.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Hey, nice topic.

I've often wondered about the subconscious. Our lives are almost entirely lead by our unconscious mind. Everything you do, everything you say, the way you react to situations....all to do with the subconscious. Not the conscious mind.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Of course, this makes complete sense...

The conscious mind is working with restrictions and limitations from years of negative programing....

The unconscious and/or subconscious mind is free to tap into the information field with no limitations and restrictions of the 3 dimensional lie we exist in...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I guess that is why they say some time "I'll sleep on it" before giving an answer.

Good topic

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Great first post.... I have always believed that sleeping over a problem definitely gives the ideal solution.However, I have a doubt about the techniques involved in submitting the problem to the unconscious mind for answers. i.e. whether you visualize the final solution to the problem or whether you ask for answers (in a verbal way) to your subconscious.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
So far as anybody knows, you have one mind. There are parts of its operations of which you are consciously aware, and other parts pf which you are not. There is no brick wall dividing the two possibilities, and people differ of how much of themselves they consciously experience, and that probably varies from day to day.

What you quoted in your post is a re-rediscovery (with a variation) of Ludwig Borne's 19th century essay "How to become an original writer in three days," translated, with a commentary (longer than the article itself, and within the article, only the last paragraph really has anything to do with its announced topic of how to do something).

www.people.fas.harvard.edu...

There is a wonderful story about this. Sigmund Freud rediscovered these methods, and applied them to clinical practice. In a sense, then, Borne's small essay lies near the root of any modern concept of the unconscious.

Freud presented his version as his own original work. As Borne was still popular early in the last century, other people eventually noticed the "borrowing," and called Freud on it. When Freud inventoried the contents of his family library while he was growing up, he realized to his shock that he actually had read this essay as a young man, and had forgotten all about reading it, but obviously hadn't forgotten what he had read.

Now that's the unconscious mind at work

Here's the money part of Borne's essay for those who'd rather not read more

And now, here is the practical application I promised you: Take a stack
of paper and write. Write everything that goes through your mind for three
consecutive days with neither hesitation nor hypocrisy. Write down what
you think of yourself, what you think of your wife, what you think of the
war with the Turks, what you think of Goethe, of Fonk’s trial, of the Last
Judgment, of your superiors. At the end of the three days you will scarce be
able to believe what new, unheard-of thoughts have come to you. And that,
my friends, is how to become an original writer in just three days!

[edit on 16-1-2010 by eight bits]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Hi there, great first thread! S&F.

I've never heard of this or tried anything like it. It would be a cool experiment for some ATS members to try!

Going to research this more now that i've read your cool thread!

Cheers.
g

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eight bits

Nice bit of research eight bits. I wanted to know on how to use your unconscious mind by first being able to consciously put thought's inside it.
That was a good read for me, thanks.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The easiest way to unlock the subconscious is sensory deprivation. Become a closet case, literally. Here's my technique I used as a child. It wasn't because I was naturally intuitive, it was because I was so sensitive and needed considerable time to decompress.

Get inside a small closet. Wear earplugs if there is any noise inside. Close eyes, remain entirely silent and still. Focus on the silence. If you do this often enough, you will gain tremendous focus and unlock intuitive abilities. If you continue even longer, a light will one day appear inside of you while in utter darkness. This light means you've unlocked the ability to be master of yourself. You can now lucid dream, day dream, have considerable skills of imagination, predict the near future, be unaffected by your surroundings or others opinions, run your mind on multiple tracks, etc..At least, that's what happened for myself. Sensory deprivation is the easiest way to unlock genius.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
S&F!!! Looks super interesting, defiantly willing to try this, but first i will need to look into it more when the time permits.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Thanks guys for the comments
, am glad my first thread was more of a usefull and new topic for you guys. Some new information is poping up from people which is interesting stuff.

[edit on 17-1-2010 by jonnyc55]

top topics

join