Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Iraq Has Western Democracy! Although you can't vote for him, or him, or him or.....

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
G'day ATS,

I thought I'd bring this to you attention. it's good to know that the West has brought Democracy to the political savages of Iraq, we have showed them the WAY, biblical style!

Iraqi election commission bans 500 candidates

Iraq's election commission has barred almost 500 candidates from running in national elections on 7 March.

A committee that vets candidates says some of those banned had ties to the outlawed Baath party, once led by Saddam Hussein.

Those barred are believed to include prominent Sunni Arab politicians. The formal list of barred candidates has not been released.

There is a formal process through which barred candidates can appeal.

Defence Minister Abdulqadir al-Obeidi and the nationalist politician Saleh al-Mutlak are reported to be among the 499 candidates barred from standing in the parliamentary election on 7 March.

Hmm????

Yep that's right, you can vote for whomever you want, as long as we approve him/her and he/she supports our agenda and does what they're told.

The actual serving Defence Minister of Iraq, Qadir Obeidi has been barred! How ridiculous is that?

You know, if the Iraqis want these people to govern them, then damn it they should be allowed to chose. Let the people do the barring.

The way this has been done, publicly and in such a broad manner, it strikes me as nothing more than an attempt to destabilise Iraq, and to cause more bloodshed.

At least WE get the ILLUSION of having choice, why can't the Iraqis have the same arrangement that sees us residing in blissful ignorance!!?

All the best ATS

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
The only candidates who will be allowed to run are the puppets who will dance to the tune of their western masters.

Did you really expect it to be any different?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Well surely they should have democracy like we do in the UK only the rich and the ones that went to the right schools can ever get to the top in politics (exception John Prescot he eat his way to the top).

Democracy ceased to exsist in the west a long time ago, I firmly beleive most of us now live in an elected dictaorship with TPTB tell us how it will happen and and if we dont like it tough becuase it just so happens the oppasition party are just like us and ohhh we went to the same schools.

So really why would we expect Iraq not to get our bastardize form of democracy.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
A national election in which there are very strict regulations as to who can run, and where they can run?

Just about every representative democracy in the developed world has that.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
This is so PTB funny, that it is sad in the absolute sorriest way imaginable.

Sad in so many ways.

Yes, you are allowed to vote, for this guy or that guy.

You have to know, the endisnighe.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yazman
A national election in which there are very strict regulations as to who can run, and where they can run?

I disagree, Yes if you're a militant semi-terrorist organisation you probably can't run, yes if you run on a ticket of xenophobia or hatred the same applies.

BUT just because you had ties to a previous government, or because you are a different religion, no I don't believe that's common at all.

Sorry bud!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Knowing full well that this is a slap in the face to the Idea of democracy I have to say that if I had the chance to ban individuals from running for public office in the United States I would be on that like white on rice.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
In China, you can't vote.

In Iraq, you can't vote him, him or him.

In US, you are brainwashed not to vote him, him or him.

After all, the world is controlled by the elite. Just accept the fact and enjoy your life as much as you can.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluepanic
In China, you can't vote.

In Iraq, you can't vote him, him or him.

In US, you are brainwashed not to vote him, him or him.

After all, the world is controlled by the elite. Just accept the fact and enjoy your life as much as you can.

A very simplistic view of world politics, but I feel you speak the truth my friend!

For me the biggest surprise here is the blatant manner by which the Iraqi elections are essentially 'rigged'.

They don't even have the illusion of free choice! It makes all the difference lol!

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Originally posted by Yazman

I disagree, Yes if you're a militant semi-terrorist organisation you probably can't run, yes if you run on a ticket of xenophobia or hatred the same applies.

BUT just because you had ties to a previous government, or because you are a different religion, no I don't believe that's common at all.

Sorry bud!

Actually, there are very strict requirements as to what names can get on the ballots. There are financial and political requirements, and usually others.

The only way to vote for anybody who's not on the ballot is a "write-in" and in just about every system write-in votes are considered as invalid.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Yazman

I'm fairly sure these names are not on the ballot simply because the occupiers and people in power know that they would more than likely be pose a threat to the current Governments of Iraq.

We're not talking about financial issues, political yes but not in the way you mean.

The only political issues here are that the West doesn't like the politics of the old Baath Party members who served under Saddam.

I guess you and I just have to agree to disagree mate!

top topics

join