It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German protesters strip-off in demonstration against full-body airport scanners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

German protesters strip-off in demonstration against full-body airport scanners Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk

The argument surrounding full-body scanners has been taken to a more personal level in Germany - with a series of naked protests dubbed 'fleshmobs'.

Groups of demonstrators have stripped off at airports in Berlin, Frankfurt and Dusseldorf in reaction to the news that officials are considering installing the scanners during the coming year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Vincent84]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hello people.

I first like to apologize to all Germans because I had some prejudices. I though there was a lack of humour in that country, I was very wrong. Everyday I'm learning more and more thanks.

I think it is a very nice action from my eastern neighbours, just show the government how pathetic they are acting to save its people from those angry "terrorists".

I would like to see a worldwide demonstration of this kind.

Peace Vincent

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Vincent84]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vincent84

Good on them, I for one draw the line in the sand here.
I will not under any situation be going through one of these scanners, and if it means me not flying then so be it.

I suggest that everyone does the same.

[edit on 16/1/2010 by TheDon]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
"We're going to strip naked at the airport to show how much we object to being seen naked at the airport."

Hmm, German logic boggles the mind.

I agree with the principle, however the method is a little dubious... Methinks some uni students saw an opportunity to combine the two things they love doing best into one activity: protesting, and getting their gear off. Wunderbar!

Now if only we can get a bunch of German models to join in the protest.

[edit on 2010-1-16 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Oh no, I got a much better and more evil idea.

Go through those screeners wearing lead lined clothing! Oh I smell a business! Set it up near the airport, sell slacks, shoes, tops, etc, all with a thin layer of lead in them, the scanners would be useless, you could even set up a franchise!

top topics

join