It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanjay Gupta The Only One Left To Help Wounded in Port-au-Prince

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
"...but with no supplies there was little he could do."
CNN.com

Even though he was there when there were supplies but he was broadcasting the tragedy at other peoples expenses. When he could of helped with supplies, he didn't. He was busy broadcasting.

As mentioned in this ATS thread from yesterday.

I pray for the citizens in Port-au-Prince. It is horrible what is happening and what happened there. I pray that others pray for them, I wish I had the power to help them.

My problem with the American Media in this situation is that they are using the excessive views/hour to increase costs of commercial time (that's how demand & supply in television operates, like the stock market). They are showing dead people in between buildings, not trying to help while portraying their personal pain. It's good that people are there making others aware.

I feel pain for the Haitians and their families, my great uncle passed away that same day and I'm going to the funeral tomorrow. But, CNN has cameras in the faces of children on stretchers after losing close relatives and families.

I believe in good journalist, but why must these reporters be in the personal lives of the citizens there and they flood to the millions of masses in western civilization.

With the nearly 1.4 million people homeless in Haiti. If we gave $1000 per person, $1.4 billion. That would be more valuable than giving $10 billion to Israel, for war and wtf else.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by elfulanozutan0]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I heard someone earlier talking about the over emphasis on security in disaster areas. The UN just pulled out leaving people whom had just has serious surgery performed on them with nothing more than a smattering of over the counter drugs and TV personality which happens to be a doctor. This same worry occurred during Katrina and people that would not have died if rescuers had remained on scene did die.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
They need to get rid of us, so they need to desensitize us to this careless approach to death in order for us to sit down and take it.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
twitter.com...

sanjayguptaCNN

345a. pulling all nighter at haiti field hosp. lots of work, but all patients stable. turned my crew into a crack med team tonight. #proud

sanjayguptaCNN

5a update. we lost all generator power. sun will come up in about 30 minutes. now confident we will get all these patients through the night

[edit on 16-1-2010 by muggl3z]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

i believe the OP's attempt to belittle Dr. Gupta's efforts in Haiti has backfired miserably thanks to your post. also, thanks to the OP for starting this thread and giving muggl3z the opportunity to inform us all regarding Dr. Gupta's activities in Haiti.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I wouldn't belittle Dr. Gupta's effort in the disaster area known as the island nation of Haiti. He may be a correspondent for CNN, but if someone approached him on the street seeking medical assistance he would have to stop what he was doing and offer care. With being a doctor, he has most likely sworn to the "Hippocratic Oath," as most doctors do.

Therefore, he is a doctor first before a journalist. Some in the medical profession still take that oath seriously and I think Dr. Gupta is one of them. If he can help someone and no one is available, he has too.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Genuine compassion is rare, it is all too easy for people to think of themselves first and their fellow human beings last when faced with a dire situation.

Gupta could have been one of those, but has shown that he is one of those rare compassionate humans.

Damn journalism, save lives!

Good on him.

Haiti needs many more like him.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Good Job Dr. Gupta

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I'll stick to my opinion that the "display" of BLOOD and wounded, and the dead is an offering to the Devil himself, courtesy of the NWO.

These people are Satanists, people, you know, they have to have that blood shed to please their god. And i'm talking about the Luciferian Elite.

I dont believe i am wrong.

Its very odd that the Mighty UN chased the Dr.s and nurses out of there for their protection.
Hell, why didnt the UN protect that tent with all those people while they were being treated?

I smell something fishy and sickening.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I worked for Dr. Gupta at the University of Michigan, where he did a token Neuro tour thanks to his family influence. He was a nice and personable fellow. I liked him. He wasn't however, the most competant or skillful. His move to CNN as the chief medical advisor surprised no one that knew him. I am certainly not surprised by anything he does over in Haiti as he is primarily a journalist now. His doctoring days are over, Jimmy.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't like TVs , I just don't watch it .

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Its very odd that the Mighty UN chased the Dr.s and nurses out of there for their protection. Hell, why didnt the UN protect that tent with all those people while they were being treated?

it is odd,dg.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Sorry I don't read twitted, I weened off of those things like AIM myspace and facebook a long time ago.

Please re-read, I never belittled Sanjay Gupta, and I have no intention too. I appreciate that he is helping. I pointed out he wasn't earlier. I never belittled him. I did on the other hand belittle CNN. My point was that the station can do more than ask for money and show the troubles of other people. After awhile it gets a little too much. Sanjay did look worried on the video. My problem with CNN is that they are showing multiples of dead bodies and broadcasting it to millions. I understand the horror of the event. CNN started off filming now Dr. Gupta helps when no one is there, I give him credit for that, I just think he should have done so when he got there.

God bless the citizens of Haiti and all of their family members and friends. And thank EVERYONE who is doing all they can to help.

All we can do is pray an hope for the best for the citiznes of Haiti. If you can physically go there and help do so. And thank everyone who is helping and contributing.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by elfulanozutan0

point taken, i apologize as i may have misinterpreted your post.

peace.

top topics

join