It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where / how does a Ghost get there clothes ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
there must be ghost shopping mall ...... atleast they deserve this much of facility from humans....

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
but one thing.... ghost only white color..... so problem for managemnt ,,,,,

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
There are so many kinds of ghosts, even ghosts of the living (usually "distress" ghosts), or ghosts of the self (the "doppelgaenger").
However, sometimes we may be the ghosts when we go into a very rare time-slip.
I wonder if anybody (puh-leeeze) can help me with a case of two ladies walking into Marie Antoineette's France at the Versailles Palace?
I just recall that both ladies stuck to their story, and that they first assumed that they had walked into a costume party!
Please, somebody refresh me here!
Then I've read on a British man who walked into his barn and saw a Roman orgy going on, with lots of naked people. He turned his head and it was all gone.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

well you might also want to ask yourself.. that if they're not physical.. then how do they continue to STAY ON THE EARTH? why doesn't he Earth. .in it's orbit around the sun.. just leave these ghost-people behind? what's keeping them here?

friction and gravity is keeping us here... in one place.

because our bodies are made of physical molecules.

what about ghosts? how can they stay here? doesn't make much sense... about as much sense as their shirts and underwear having little shirt-ghosts and underwear-ghosts...

buuuut.. if it's us from the future.. coming back with bodies that can change shape into anything.. even be transparent.. then i guess we could be mistaken for a ghost.

just saying.

-
-

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

well you might also want to ask yourself.. that if they're not physical.. then how do they continue to STAY ON THE EARTH? why doesn't he Earth. .in it's orbit around the sun.. just leave these ghost-people behind? what's keeping them here?

I have thought of that same question many times myself.

I love the time machine story and movie by H.G. Wells. Imagine yourself sitting in the time machine going 10,000 years into the future. The earth spin and spin and revolve and revolve around the galaxy and the galaxy itself is moving. How on earth will you be on the same spot 10,000 years in the future?

what about ghosts? how can they stay here? doesn't make much sense... about as much sense as their shirts and underwear having little shirt-ghosts and underwear-ghosts...

Yes, it doesn't make any sense. And yet they are here. I, myself, and others have witnessed ghosts.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
i'd like to believe that the ghosts that we see are not entirely supernatural. spirits may exist, or not as the case may be but ghost sightings might be rips and tears in the fabric of reality. when you see a ghost, you are seeing through a hole in space-time and thus what you are seeing may be the past or the future. but if you can see them, can they see you too? wouldn't this be self-fulfilling situation where a person living a couple of centuries ago saw you through a hole/rip in space-time in the area and thought you were a ghost, and from then on that area has had a reputation for being ghostly? something to think about... *shrugs* i admit this is all just speculation on my part. but if i were a ghost, why would i feel the need to wear clothes?

[edit on 1.16.10 by toreishi]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
but if i were a ghost, why would i feel the need to wear clothes?

but if you were a ghost, why would you feel the need to "wear" body?
and yet sometimes they do

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Tim00]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Ghosts are not physical, and therefore they are not bound by the laws of physics - that's actually the whole conundrum. It means that they are also not likely to be proven by physical laws, or in laboritories.
What we call "Ghosts" are apparently in a dimension with a faster vibration than us. They cannot be bombed or nuked, nothing physical can harm a spirit.
I always think of it as dreaming (as many tribal cultures do). When you dream of your body, it also stays (usually) on a kind of earth.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tim00

but if i were a ghost, why would i feel the need to wear clothes?

but if you were a ghost, why would you feel the need to "wear" body?
and yet sometimes they do

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Tim00]

so if they wear bodies and clothes, they're not ghosts? like i said, its possible that those who see ghosts are looking through holes in time and seeing other people through these holes and interpreting them as ghosts. and for the record i didn't say i'd need a body if i were a ghost. i'll just haunt other people through the internets.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

..those who see ghosts are looking through holes in time and seeing other people through these holes...

holes? right.. why I didn't think about that.
I like you, nothing makes much sense, but keep it up

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
where do ghosts get their bodies? Study quantam Entanglement. Attack it from a scientiffic perspective 1st.

Now as far as the clothes it depends what type of "ghost" it is. If its a residual haunting its simply the energies appearance at the time the event was recorded, imo.

If it's intelligent, and a strong entity, then the ability to manipulate that energy in to the appearance of clothes would seem likely.

If its demonic, I tend to same the same thought process applies.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Bare with me for a moment.

I die. My energy lingers say...in my bedroom. For I quickly 'flew' back there as a ball of energy to gather my 'thoughts'. I'm sitting on my bed 'thinking' about what just happened, why I'm lingering, why I feel so damn great...and so on.

The clothing thing my just be part of my energy since it is all I've known and to be without clothing would be too strange. Especially if I don't know 100% that I am dead, I wouldn't want to be caught hanging around not only confused, but nude, lol.

Oh man this is something to think about eh? Ha ha ha....now if you don't know you're dead you're going to keep appearing in something I suppose....

I also believe there have been reports of nude ghosts just as there have been reports of horribly mangled ghosts, handicapped ghosts etc. It may all just be an energy thing and how that particular 'ghost' is choosing to present themselves or how they 'feel' at the moment.

I have an idea that when I die, if I'm lingering around I must remember to be nude. I'm sure my family will appreciate my humour just as they do in this life.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MetalCoffeeL

I agree, I would also haunt in the altogether. If we're going to shock the living we may as well go the whole hog and freak the living daylights out of them. Just as well - I'm already as white as a sheet. I suppose darker people would be very hard to see in the dark. I wonder if there's a haunted nudist colony with a naked ghost?
Then I also wonder if religious people think they will be wearing clothes in heaven? In Christian art people in heaven are usally dressed, but in hell they are naked. I suppose there's not much point wearing clothes if you're going to be roasted repeatedly.
I think people who see ghosts with details of clothing are lucky. When I was younger and experimented with an ouija board I only saw shadowy black clouds, which were rather dull and featurelss, but quite frightening.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Why do ghosts wear clothes? The silly answers in this thread suggest that this would be a silly question. But actually, the question is probably the key to understanding not only the ghost phenomenon but paranormal apparitions in general, like UFOs, Bigfoot, etc.
One theory says that ghosts are imprints rather than entities, like echoes in the fabric of space.
A variant theory of this says that ghost apparitions are manifested impressions that someone had a long time ago. Like, the apparition doesn't represent the spirit of a person but rather someone's manifested memory of that person.
This gives rise to another theory. What if ghosts just see what they want to see, like in the movie "The Sixth Sense", and what if they don't just see it but actually can manifest it to some extend?
These theories that paranormal apparitions are manifested memories or ideas rather than entities would not only explain why ghost apparitions wear clothes. They would also explain why ghost apparitions appear to be fuzzy, or as torsos. After all, that's what persons look like when they are imagined or memorized. And if the person imagining and manifesting these things is crazy, you'd expect even weirder stuff to show up, like UFOs, Bigfoot, Mothman...
However, if ghost apparitions don't reflect entities but rather memories and imaginations of them, there's the question why there are no apparations of inanimate things or of people who are still alive.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Verklagekasper]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Verklagekasper

We usually associate ghosts with the spirits of the dead, but since inanimate things don't have spirits it baffles people that ghosts wear clothing. I've read of phantom cities appearing and disappearing, and phantom battles include not just clothes, but weapons and other paraphenalia. There's also ghost ships, and I suppose planes and cars. However, all these objects are connected to human "souls", so they are a part of what the mind picks up from the image being broadcast. We can only assume that many of these "braodcasts" have an intent, and that in a spiritual dimension clothing, housing and even th "body" are created by thought. Some ghosts indeed don't realize that they're dead, and since time passes very differently to them, they project themselves dressed as they did while alive.
Poltergeists are said to manifest objects. To skeptical philosophers this is problematic: how can a non-material substance (supposed "spirit") have an effect on the material?
By the way, ghosts of the living are frequently descibed, particularly during the World Wars when people were under enormous distress.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

At least traitional notions of spiritism and haunting claim that "ectoplasm" is sometimes produced.
I'd love to know more on that, or on how spirirt voices are produced with audio equipment, even though they don't have voice-boxes.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

There is no evidence ghosts even exist, so this entire thread will be an exercise in futility. Now, if someone had conducted some actual research, in a controlled environment, then we could talk!

Until then, this thread will be full of conjecture, 100%. There is no way around that.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bijen
he he he he personal question... i would say from laundry... ie they stole the dead cloths and use it....

Well, that sure would explain where all my socks dissapear too

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I've always wondered where dead fashion movements go when they are suddenly so last season. That is before they are recycled a decade or two later, like the whole hideous 1980s revival.
Perhaps some fashion designer could put on a ghost collection for the deceased that are bound to the material. Well, most of the models already look like corpse-like, skeletal waifs.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

My friend , conjecture is a very big part of ATS and creative thinking .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join