It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where / how does a Ghost get there clothes ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Just wondering where does a ghost get there clothes ? If a ghost is the lost soul of a deceased person I can understand why they may want to have clothes on but how would they get those clothes ? Are we to believe that a ghost can manifest its own clothes ? If thats the case then would those clothes be one in the same as the ghost and in fact be one thing ? If the ghost and its clothes are separate things then where does the ghost get them ? If the ghost and its clothes are one thing i.e the clothes are just as much a part of the ghost as its arm , lets say , then what does this tell us about the ghost ?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

One could respond to your question and say how do the ghosts get their bodies? LOL.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Yes very true and I agree 100 %

Having said that , the question is operating on the bases that a ghost is the manifest of a deceased person i.e there lost soul wandering the earth for whatever reason .

Given and admitted this analogy may be wrong but that was the bases I was operating under when I was thinking about the context of the question .

However I still like your answer and think its a great point and I will be staring your post

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Text RedText

he he he he personal question... i would say from laundry... ie they stole the dead cloths and use it....

... but its there personal matter that from where they get their cloths..... a sound answer can be from shopping malls....

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Well duh! A ghost likely goes to a ghost shop. Where else are they gonna get clothes? Or food for that matter! The food and the clothes are pitiful, that's why ghosts dress like tramps and moan a lot. It's their own fault for being tunneloflightphobic.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Men's Wearhouse. You'll like the way you look (or in this case, don't look), That dude with the beard, George Zimmer guarantees it

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
The same place they came from.... the ignorant fool who dreamed them up to comfort or torment themselves. Ghosts do not exist, neither does heaven or hell.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

..neither do you

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Having said that , the question is operating on the bases that a ghost is the manifest of a deceased person i.e there lost soul wandering the earth for whatever reason

But what is a ghost? Is a living human being his or her own body or clothes? Do we dream being naked, or clothed? (We all know the dreams of being naked in classrooms
)

Is a ghost just an orb? Perhaps ghosts manifest themselves whatever they want to look like to people? Or do we?

Our minds get used to the bodies we wear and our favorites clothes. We may carry that over to afterlife.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

The same place they came from.... the ignorant fool who dreamed them up to comfort or torment themselves. Ghosts do not exist, neither does heaven or hell.

Heaven or hell? You're the one who dreamed them up in this thread.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Ghosts come in various types. Some are like an imprint on the surrounding environment, they simply replay like a repeat movie.
Some are more like "spirits' that can interact with people.
What we can say is that Ghosts are not physical - the image seems to be transferred mentally.
Therefore ghosts can come across in historical clothing, partly to identify themselves.
Spirits of loved ones may appear younger than we knew them (around 30 is not uncommon), and their "clothing" is usually white and cloudy.
They work with energy and mental projection, so if a ghost does wear certain clothes I would ask myself why it appears in that form?
Some ghosts may also appear naked: it totally depends on what they want to project.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Hmmm funny you mention that , I have dreamt that I was naked a few times lol

For the record I have never seen a ghost but I do believe that some people believe that they have seen what we might call a ghost .

If a ghost is a dead persons soul and if the ghost has clothes on does this imply that a ghost is more then just a dead persons soul ?

Or are we to believe that a ghost is in some way a manifest of energy ?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
what you see is what you get.
ghost is a consciousness with an an old habit being alive and often wearing clothes and many other habits related to that one habit ''being alive''.
on second hand i.e. demon is a consciousness that has no such habits

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
If they are going to hell it would be from Walmart. If they are going to heaven it's all mail order but it is always a perfect fit and looks just like it did in the catalog.
---

I used to be a big fan of ghosts and ghost stories till the current influx of all things ghost on TV. I hear reports and talk from so many people describing ghostly encounters with apparitions fully clothed and clear as day but little is ever recorded. Part of me wonders if that makes most of these sightings, those without photographic proof, a product of a persons mind and not a real occurrence.

I hope it's real and I have had odd and scary events occur to me but the older I get the more I need to get me to believe again.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
i think ghost with cloths didn't sound good....

.... they should come up naked and enjoy the world

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I'm not sure "exactly" where they buy their clothes...

But from the looks of it it's a Vintage clothing shop of some sort because they always seem to have lots of buttons a frills and stuff like the Victorian Era stuff i like to pick up in The Village when in NY...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Hmmm funny you mention that , I have dreamt that I was naked a few times lol

LOL. Everybody does.

But it's almost always with your body. Most of the times with your clothes on.

Rarely do the dreams involve you as just you, pure consciousness. We are so accustomed to our bodies and clothes.

If a ghost is a dead persons soul and if the ghost has clothes on does this imply that a ghost is more then just a dead persons soul ?

No, they are just them. We would not recognize them if they were just "orbs". This reminds me of few sci fi shows or movies where aliens presented themselves as human beings.

Or are we to believe that a ghost is in some way a manifest of energy ?

Yes. Remember... we are all energy. There is no matter.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I hear tales of ghosts going to old shutdown Kmarts and shopping. It's kinda of scary to think the same place you go to pick up prostitutes has ghosts shopping inside.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Just wondering where does a ghost get there clothes ? If a ghost is the lost soul of a deceased person I can understand why they may want to have clothes on but how would they get those clothes ? Are we to believe that a ghost can manifest its own clothes ? If thats the case then would those clothes be one in the same as the ghost and in fact be one thing ? If the ghost and its clothes are separate things then where does the ghost get them ? If the ghost and its clothes are one thing i.e the clothes are just as much a part of the ghost as its arm , lets say , then what does this tell us about the ghost ?

it tells us that they have supermarkets. some videos you can zoom in and you can read a little tag that says made in china

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Can't help but think about the Matrix movie, when Morphius told Neo that this is the residual self image, all the plugs were gone and his hair was differnt. A projection of the minds eye so speak. A civil war ghost apears in that uniform, because it is what they know and are familiar with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join