It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RCA Airnergy Pulls Power From Thin Air, Charging Your Phone With Ambient Wi-Fi Signals

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

Certainly while technology exsists that in the right hands and used only when needed,it is beneficial to health. However the useless senseless cell phones, GPS devices, wifi everywhere, those and much more are items used mainly for entetainment and pleasure. At what cost? First there is the quality of life issue, show a a young man who plays his games all day, or a teen to 20 something girl with a cell phone, and I will in turn show you a dead-beat kid, someone without priorities in life other than the next text or the next game. And all that time spent in front of the TV, or on the cell phone, are hours and days wasted, and then there is the health risk of using incessantly these items.

Cell phones belong in emergency situations only, or for business calls when neccesary only. Games should be allowed only in moderation, maybe if your kid plays outside for 2 hours then earns the right to play one hour of games, well, I would bet that with a whole neighborhood doing this they would forget about the games, and stimulate their imagination and very real relationships instead of cell calls and texts that simulate for them even the simple and very satisfying act of Laughing Out Loud, for real.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Yeah, funnily enough - eye witness accounts and videos are not evidence of anything. Does actual science rely solely on eye witness accounts and youtube, or do they use actual equipment to measure, and peer-review their papers? Tesla didn't document any of his outlandish 'technologies', therefore there was no peer review, and no science. If there's no science, you can't say whether someone is right or wrong - to assume he's right is abject irrationality.

I know how WEP, WPA, and WPA2 work. And no, if you don't have a key to that network, you can't get any traffic to or from it, save the packets required for associating with the network. You must have a second network connection, or be already connected to your wireless network when re-entering the key. WiFi isn't magic, though you seem to think it is.

The amount of energy in a WiFi signal is pathetically small. That's why the range is so short, and can be easily blocked by a wall or even a TV. Fire up a poorly-shielded microwave, and watch your WiFi signal disappear instantly. There is simply not enough power being emitted from a WiFi base station to power anything, as the drain of a battery will be far greater than any power that could be gained from the EMF.

It seems you don't know as much about WiFi or EMF as you think.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join