It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel finally bolsters refueling fleet enough for airstrikes on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=defense&id=news/awst/2010/01/11/AW_01_11_2010_p22-194785.xml&headline=Israel%20Bolsters %20KC-707%20Refueling%20Fleet

Israel Bolsters KC-707 Refueling Fleet

With the threat of a conflict with Iran looming, the Israeli air force has augmented its fleet of KC-707 (“Re’em”) aerial refueling aircraft with an eighth tanker, bolstering the strike capacity the country would have if it tries to undertake a raid on Teheran’s nuclear facilities.

The $23-million contract to reconfigure the aircraft was awarded to Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) in late 2008, as part of a strategic effort to rapidly enhance the country’s long-range strike capabilities.

“Many of the air force’s current missions require extended range and that means more fuel,” Lt. Col. Amir, commander of the IAF’s 120 “International” squadron told Aviation Week & Space Technology (for security reasons, Israel does not release last names of operational personnel). Refusing to discuss specific strike scenarios, he added: “I can gladly say that as an organization we have come to a point where we are ready to perform any mission in any range within a very short notice.”

Iran’s nuclear facilities and the conflict such a strike would likely unleash have become the IAF’s primary mission in recent years. As such, IAF fighter squadrons are constantly training in aerial refueling scenarios.

For the last two decades, Israel has been developing its strategic arm by procuring fighter aircraft with long-range strike capabilities, such as the F‑15I and F-16I. Last year, it also qualified its two squadrons of F-15A/B/C/D air-superiority aircraft to carry out ground-attack missions. However, notes Amir, “aerial refueling will allow any fighter, regardless of its range, to carry more munitions instead of fuel.”

Wow. Maybe those gas masks getting distributed are really for something? People say that the war won't happen, but obviously the situation is escalating!

The future will not be pretty, I have a feeling.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by seattletruth]

[edit on 15-1-2010 by seattletruth]

[edit on 16-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Did anyone think the Israelis would wait forever? Love ‘em or hate ‘em – the Jews know what they need to do to survive. They’ve been fighting against threats to their existence for about 5,000 years now. Millions of dead should have proved to them the need to fight or be victimized.

I for one find it encouraging that at least one nation still has the common sense and practicality to realize a danger when it sees one. Iran is a threat. Israel recognizes that fact. Of all the nations of the world, she will hopefully find the strength to act.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by passenger

This is sad news for me, I'm against any attacks for the wrong reasons.

Sometimes I wish I was asleep like the other 90% of the pop.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by passenger

Dude you should go back to your Fox news. You've been brainwashed.

Iran is NOT a nuclear threat.

Don't believe me? Maybe you would believe Israel's former NUCLEAR GENERAL, the one that was in charge of their nuclear program and intelligence, only recently retired. Look at this quote that he gave a few days ago:

A general who was once in charge of Israel’s nuclear weapons has claimed that Iran is a “very, very, very long way from building a nuclear capability”.

Check it out. No BS. Israeli general Brigadier-General Uzi Eilam denies Iran is nuclear threat

You've been a good tool, and will continue to serve your purpose.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I wonder how many people realize that the people of Israel will be bombing their real home land if they go through with this?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Zionist Israel is the Demon who brings war too us all!They still think god is with them and sure a god is!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I can see how a WWIII or IV will happen

Israel makes an strike in iran

+Iran has the back support from Arab League and other middle east nations
after the strike.

+Western Media again support the war on iran give there reasons to public,
the public doesn't buy it, but with overall power the govmerent launch a new war on iran.

Without the public support.

+Russia steps in to defend iran sends over russian 10,000 tanks troops and fighters to iran to defend iran from amercian forces stationed in iraq, as the war goes on. The Israel side are losing alot of there pilots due to anti air battery's.

+Russia has plans to bomb Israel nuclear facilities as a payback for what Israel did to iran.

So what do you ATS are my predictions possible ?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Lets look at the similarities,

Iraq had WMD............
...forces invade and conquer.

Iran seeks WMD..............
... this is a different situation.

If we look at our map we can see the US now has Iran surrounded, ie: Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan, so unlike the Iraq invasion we won't see obvious troop build ups because they are already in place, except for the 30,000 additional troops being despatched to Afghanistan.

Israel launches false flag biological attack on its own citizens (reason for mass distribution of gas masks for so called "drill") and blames Iran.

Launches attack on Iran and asks allies to help defend.

US is already in place and runs to "help"

Russia comes to Iran's aid and the situation degenerates rapidly to full scale ICBM attacks from all sides.

AS China realises US has no intention on repaying trillions of debt and will default anyway it has nothing to lose by joining in.

The difference this time is the so called enemy(Iran) does not have have WMD's but it's allies sure as hell do. (Russia and China)

The repercussions of any military strike on Iran could have devestating consequences for the entire planet.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Good let them do it, earlier I opposed any attack on Iran but now I think Israel deserves what will become of them after attacking Iran.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I can see how a WWIII or IV will happen

Israel makes an strike in iran

+Iran has the back support from Arab League and other middle east nations
after the strike.

Actually, most of the Arab world doesn't want a nuclear Iran either. However, since it is ISRAEL, they will condemn the attack, but they won't blow it out of proportion like in other cases. It would be a sigh of relief for the Arab world.

+Western Media again support the war on iran give there reasons to public,
the public doesn't buy it, but with overall power the govmerent launch a new war on iran.

Without the public support.

The Western public won't need to "buy" it. They're already waking up to the silent Muslim invasion of Western civilization. Good examples would be France banning burkas and Switzerland banning minarets. The Western World does not want to live under Sharia Law.

+Russia steps in to defend iran sends over russian 10,000 tanks troops and fighters to iran to defend iran from amercian forces stationed in iraq, as the war goes on. The Israel side are losing alot of there pilots due to anti air battery's.

Russia? LOL What can they possibly do? They were struggling against Georgia and you want them to go up against Israel or the USA? They don't even have the money to fund a war on that scale! I hope you're joking.

Israel won't lose that many pilots, if any. Israel is one of the world leaders in military technology and electronic warfare. They will jam any system at will and they WILL manage to evade any radar or SAM installation that Russia throws at them. Israel has done it before.

+Russia has plans to bomb Israel nuclear facilities as a payback for what Israel did to iran.

How exactly? Russia's air force will fly into a sh*tstorm just trying to penetrate Israeli airspace. If they're lucky, 10% of their aircraft will make it back to base.

If Russia launched ICBMs(or any other type of missile at Dimona), it would result in Moscow being nuked. Israel doesn't joke around when there's a threat to its nuclear facilities.

So what do you ATS are my predictions possible ?

I think you're off by miles, at best. I doubt Russia would actually intervene, unless they're planning on losing a couple of cities... Iran is not capable of going head-to-head with Israel, militarily or geographically. Iran would have to go through the US in Iraq. I know Ahmadinutjob is a psycho at times, but I doubt his military personnel is that stupid or suicidal...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DJAghetto

Wow most of this bull# is believable if written into half truths let's see who has the most debt out of Russia and the U.S. well for one Russia doesn't owe trillions to china nor does it have oil interests in Iraq Saudiarabia or Venezuela.

And where did you get the assumption that russia "struggled" with georgia? struggled to keep a straight face more like it with Georgias pathetic "4 plane defense strategy"

better luck next time troll oh BTW vietnam called they said congrats on losing so many troops to low tech weaponry in iraq....HINT HINT

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationaluser
reply to post by DJAghetto

Wow most of this bull# is believable if written into half truths let's see who has the most debt out of Russia and the U.S. well for one Russia doesn't owe trillions to china nor does it have oil interests in Iraq Saudiarabia or Venezuela.

Excluding nuclear options, Russia doesn't have a military that can compete with the US war machine. Also, Russia has never had the funds to maintain a long war and Israel is in no way comparable to Georgia.

And where did you get the assumption that russia "struggled" with georgia? struggled to keep a straight face more like it with Georgias pathetic "4 plane defense strategy"

OK, maybe "struggle" wasn't the right word. I was in a rush writing it, which is my mistake. My point is that Russia had at least 5 planes downed in that conflict by Georgia and you simply cannot compare the Georgian Air Defense to Israel's Air Defense. It's two worlds apart. Without control of Israel's airspace, Russia will never succeed in invading Israel. Conventionally speaking, of course.

However, if you want to use a nuclear scenario, there will be mushroom clouds rising all over the place: Russia, Israel, and the entire Middle East. I doubt anybody really wants that. I hope they don't...

better luck next time troll

Whoa, chill out! You don't have to call someone names just because you don't agree with their views.

oh BTW vietnam called they said congrats on losing so many troops to low tech weaponry in iraq....HINT HINT

LOL that's a good one. The US may have the budget to fool around like they do in Iraq. Don't expect that from Israel, though. They don't have such high tolerance like the US...

top topics

join