It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Your Company Asking You To Donate For The Haiti Help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
A friend of mine let me know his company is asking all employees(about 2k of them) to donate $15-$20 each for Haiti going towards Red Cross and other charitale organizations.

I saw the email sent to all employees, he showed it to me.
THe company won't be matching donations from employees however.

That means it's a tax write-off

I don't want to be the perpetual skeptic but it's important to know that any company asking you for donations should match the total donations from all employees.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
No...the very large company I work for isn't asking me and other employees to donate money to help the Haitians.

My husband and I, however, are donating money to the International Red Cross which we want to go toward helping the people of Haiti. Some companies will match donations to the Red Cross, but our company apparently isn't one that does. We're going to ask them if they will match our donation though. All they can do is say no. But maybe they'll say yes.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by cornblossom]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
In addition to matching employee funds, Yahoo! is doing the following:

*The Yahoo! Employee Foundation approved a $100,000 emergency grant to UNICEF and Partners in Health.

*In the U.S., the yahoo.com animated masthead is directing people to Network for Good, where people can donate, get information and directly connect to organizations on the ground in Haiti.

*Yahoo! homepages in EU, Canada and Japan are pointing their audience to donation resources.

*Yahoo! News is providing “How to Help” links in all related stories and has a comprehensive Haiti Earthquake Topic page: news.yahoo.com...

*Yahoo! Mobile began a “Text to Help Haiti” campaign on the mobile homepage.

...and that is only the beginning. More to follow...

[edit on 16-1-2010 by spectre76]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
A friend of mine let me know his company is asking all employees(about 2k of them) to donate $15-$20 each for Haiti going towards Red Cross and other charitale organizations.

I saw the email sent to all employees, he showed it to me.
THe company won't be matching donations from employees however.

That means it's a tax write-off

I don't want to be the perpetual skeptic but it's important to know that any company asking you for donations should match the total donations from all employees.

Thanks

It's a tax write off for you either way.

I bet you think every natural disaster "donation" is a conspiracy by the powers that be to finance secret projects.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

I bet you think every natural disaster "donation" is a conspiracy by the powers that be to finance secret projects.

It's a tax write-off either way yes

but on one side you are donating and getting a write-off
versus
a company accepting a pool of donations and getting a write-off wherein they donated nothing, but will get the write-off anyway

are you unable to see that difference?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

It's a tax write-off either way yes

but on one side you are donating and getting a write-off
versus
a company accepting a pool of donations and getting a write-off wherein they donated nothing, but will get the write-off anyway

are you unable to see that difference?

Please reference the tax rule you are giving an example for.

I'd like to see the code for it.

I can only make a decision on your idea if your idea is proven to exist.

new topics

top topics

join