It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Life in Three Martian Rocks May Come This Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Proof of Life in Three Martian Rocks May Come This Year

www.popsci.com

Monoliths may not have transformed Jupiter into a star and made Europa a new Earth, but the late science fiction author Arthur C. Clarke might still be pleased, wherever he is, with NASA's prediction for 2010. Spaceflight Now reports that this year should prove whether fossilized life truly exists in three Martian meteorites, one way or the other.

Scientists have been reexamining the controversial Allen Hills meteorite since it sparked reaction from both NASA and the White House in 1996. But now better instruments have turned up possible Martian fossils inside two more meteorites, includin
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is really interesting news and (no surprise) it remains off the radar of the MSM. Perhaps as other people have mentioned, this kind of "soft" alien life news is a calculated effort to slowly expose the general public to disclosure. Or it is in fact, just where we are at this time with regard to scientific process

Either way, it is a profound discovery to find fossilized remains in other existing Martian meteorites.

www.popsci.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsoul2009

I also found this link which has some very clear pics - from an earlier post. Thank you to the OP

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsoul2009

sorry here it is: www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da8e67d6522b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/306b6a03dabf.jpg[/atsimg]

I had a feeling some good news would be discovered this year.
(methane on Mars)

But this is just pure awesome. Maned trip to Mars! please

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Big deal! So what!
If disclosure was milk coming from a mothers tit the child would have starved to death years ago, So the child feeds of rats milk! And finds more nourishment.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Mark my words i guarantee that the scientists "WILL" find proof of life within the rocks or from another source. This will be another stepping stone to disclosure

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Let's not forget that "old" 1996 meteorite:

ALH84001 - Mars meteorite that was claimed to prove the existence of life on Mars.

www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

www.lpi.usra.edu...

Peace

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Sator]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Why is this thread getting no love ?

How many ATS members scream NASA is hiding extraterrestrial life ?

The fact that Mars has bred life will be confirmed this year ...

NASA's Chief of astrobiology at Johnson Space Centre
David McKay

Then you got the whole how this effects theories on life on Earth evolution..

I know there is no super intelligent ET that heals the sick and cruse around our solar system in pimped out space ships in this discovery .. but COME ON this thread deserves more acknowledgment then the Muffon D-bags : Invading ET fleet detected near Saturn?

@ Sator
ALH84001 is one of the meteorites they are looking at

news.skymania.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You seem to be forgetting that all life began by accident in a primordial soup here on earth.

If those are indeed fossils, then they obviously started on earth and then this chunk of earth containing remnants of life was launched into space by a massive meteor impact or something and launched into space until it landed on mars.

When will you flat-earthers accept the fact that Darwin's Theory is a theory with a capitol "T", NOT A HYPOTHESIS.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

I don't think you understand what I am saying.
You seem to be implying I disagree with evolution.

Explain how these fossils obviously started on Earth ? For someone who seems to know about science you sure are quick to assume.

You do know these fossils were found on Earth in a Martian meteorite, and date around the same time life forms started to emerge on Earth ?

I the "flat-earthers" am now going to call you out as someone who is acting like a man of science but closed minded to the point you know noting of science.

Like it or not we do not know how life started on Earth and it is possible is started on another planet as microorganism. I am not saying this is fact, but it is something that has to be looked into.

Darwin's Theory is capitalized because it is the NAME of a theory, I never used a title/name ... I guess your as much of a man of English as you are a man of science .

[edit on 16-1-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It was satire.

Maybe too subtle?

I just read the ATS news threads of the year and I enjoyed the Darwinism - it's just a theory thread.

I just think people who embrace the current theory of evolution as being complete and set in stone are as misguided and close minded as people who put absolute faith in "creationism".

All I know for sure is that there is a whole lot we don't know.

I don't actually believe anything, I entertain possibilities.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Deny Arrogance]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
mars is so awsome and amazing!

and awsome in beauty !

I beleive we will be shocked once we know/learn more on mars.

Its in us and in some hearts on how some of us feel as well!!

I wish we had a 100 rovers up there!!!

huggs all!!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

The flat-earther comment set me off

I am not the type of person that takes the simple/first answer and runs with it.

Evolution is fact, I don't care who tries to argue it there is no other possibilities.
There is still a million of unknowns but did life evolve is not one of them.

If these "rocks" mean I am evolved from Martian microorganisms .. HOLY CRAP! that is about as cool as it get imo

I don't think many ATSers understand this news, and it is disappointing.
Lets assume these fossils contain some of the first microorganism know to Earth ... everyone of those nuts that claim they are from another plant could have been right the whole time

Not to mention this would be the first (and oldest obviously) science backed visit from ET

maybe this is why ATSers are ignoring this thread .. the lack of disk shaped UFO ?

I admit we have little information at the time, but I think we got enough information to at least discuss these possibilities.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by amyfriend
mars is so awsome and amazing!

and awsome in beauty !

I beleive we will be shocked once we know/learn more on mars.

Its in us and in some hearts on how some of us feel as well!!

I wish we had

huggs all!!

"A 100 rovers up there!!!" Who would pay for them all, YOU?

And it's been over a year so what's the score now on those rocks?

PS
Hugs lead to bugs.

new topics

top topics

join