It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Was an Incompetent State Senator-- His Transcripts on the Floor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I ran across this today:

Obama Transcripts

This is nearly unbelievable, and yet somehow expected. How in God's name can someone who was this utterly incompetent get elected to our highest office?

I mean, he has a bill that has numbers to 1-800 sex lines? He doesn't listen to other Senators who are talking to him on the Floor? He looks like a total buffoon.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

Boy is he lucky he's got that teleprompter!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I wondered the same thing about Bush when I heard him speak. What we have learned in these past few years is that leaders should never be put into power because of how well they can speak or not speak. This is an empty standard that produces no results.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

Boy is he lucky he's got that teleprompter!

Ain't that the truth!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Win the media, win the nation.

How many voters do you think even thought about looking at his transcripts or voting records?

How many staunch supporters or campaign donators did the same?

All you need it some smooth lines, a nice suit, and an unpopular incumbent. Trifecta.

He could have voted for a dinosaur protection act and charged Illinois taxpayers millions for unicorn research and still got elected.

Being an Illinois resident, all I can say is- now hes everyones problem.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Apparently both of the State Senators who are criticizing him are Democrats and not even Republicans.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by ineverknew]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I don't see what the problem was...one state senator said that it would be too expensive to print the bill, thus, shouldn't be considered?

The other senator was going on about sex lines for an unnamed directory, what directory? The 'do not call list' of Illinois or the suicide prevention hotline?

Way to completely take something out of context.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Well...

The legislation passed 57 - 0

He sounded like a newbie, being schooled.
I guess he learned.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I hate Obama as much as the next guy, but your reading comprehension makes you look like a fool too.

His bill did not have 1-800 sex numbers in it. The other Senator was asking a question to try and make him look like a fool. But it makes you look like even more a fool that you actually think it had mention of sex lines in the bill.

I agree that the bill was a waste of time, but you're reading too far into the 1-800 sex line thing.

And my guess is he wasn't listening because someone else was talking to him. There is a lot of stuff going on at once some times.

But I agree, that bill was a complete waste of time and at least the other Senators realized it.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteOneActual
Win the media, win the nation.

Bingo, and it started with Kennedy. He was suave and confident on television while Nixon looked frumpy and uncomfortable by comparison. He won by a narrow margin and it was the media that pushed him over the top.

Johnson had no chance with an unpopular war on his hands after his first elected term and he knew it so he chose not to run again. Nixon finally had his shot. Johnson was that era's Bush Jr.

Carter was a media darling as well in a folksy, down home manner. It didn't hurt that Ford was portrayed as buffoonish by the newly popular SNL and satirized in other media as well.

Ironically, Reagan was much the same when he ran against Carter, a familiar face who many people knew and trusted from years gone by and who can forget "There you go again".

Bush Sr. rode Ronnie's coat tails to office. When he ran again, "Read my lips" came back to bite him in the posterior region.

Clinton had that smooth, confident Kennedy air about him as well and when he went up against Dole, Dole looked stiff and uncomfortable, much like Nixon did against Kennedy.

Bush Jr's folksiness actually helped him against the robotic Al Gore and his lock box.

Kerry was portrayed as the flip flopper who ran partially on his service record, which was undermined by some.

Cool and hip Obama rides in and with the economic crash, he could have picked Howdy Doody as a running mate and won.

new topics

top topics

join